(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 132.
#401 9 years ago

They look brilliant. If I still had my DW I'd be all over these.

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Wish they would get them up on their Web site...

They are now:

http://www.pingraffix.com/#!doctor-who/cd3s (cut and paste it all).

#403 9 years ago

Just joined the club today. =)

10632681_10154756537230300_7130643317527048288_n.jpg10632681_10154756537230300_7130643317527048288_n.jpg

#404 9 years ago

Welcome aboard, is that a cot blanket on your new baby ?

#405 9 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

Welcome aboard, is that a cot blanket on your new baby ?

It might be. Came free with the pin. =p

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

What do people think of theses? Uses the cartoon style.

image-958.jpg 84 KB

Very tempting because they look like they would fit right perfect with the theme. I'm worried they'll get chewed up though. My DW has a fabulous circle gouge from the play field swiveling up.

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Very tempting because they look like they would fit right perfect with the theme. I'm worried they'll get chewed up though. My DW has a fabulous circle gouge from the play field swiveling up.

Mine does as well. The ramp on the right is insanely tight and not sure where to get the room.

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Mine does too, from the ball gate that keeps the ball from falling back into the shooter lane.

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Mine does too, from the ball gate that keeps the ball from falling back into the shooter lane.

You should be able to bend that in towards the playfield to prevent that.

#410 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You should be able to bend that in towards the playfield to prevent that.

Tried it, but the gouge is from the wire that keeps the gate down. I will probably have to make a new shorter one

1 week later
#411 9 years ago

Couple of gameplay questions.

1. When should the trapdoor go down? Mine usually does sometimes after 10 loops but sometimes it will stay up. Will go down after a WHO is completed as well.

2. How do you get an extra ball? I've made numerous WHO sets as well as finished the first four VM levels. I usually allow one extra ball but could never light it so set it to allow two and still unable to qualify one.

Thanks

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

1. When should the trapdoor go down? Mine usually does sometimes after 10 loops but sometimes it will stay up. Will go down after a WHO is completed as well.
2. How do you get an extra ball? I've made numerous WHO sets as well as finished the first four VM levels. I usually allow one extra ball but could never light it so set it to allow two and still unable to qualify one.
Thanks

I haven't progressed too far yet, but for the trapdoor Mine goes down after completing WHO for sure. My record on loops is 7, so no idea beyond that

My game gives an extra ball after 2 WHO completions. That is the only way I have seen it so far. Then just move the extra ball light to the proper inlane and boom!

#413 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I haven't progressed too far yet, but for the trapdoor Mine goes down after completing WHO for sure. My record on loops is 7, so no idea beyond that
My game gives an extra ball after 2 WHO completions. That is the only way I have seen it so far. Then just move the extra ball light to the proper inlane and boom!

I don't know what's up with my EB settings but I feel like I should have qualified it.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'd really love to check, but all my games are under sheets. I'm in the final throws of rebuilding the gameroom/basement. Haven't played any of my games for over a month

Floor almost done.

Thank goodness for the PBHOF and Expo. I was able to get in a pinball fix...both had a DW although all of them had issues.

faz

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thanks

1. That is correct.
2. Completing W-H-O lights extra ball. Default is after the first 2 and 6 completions. I think an EB is also awarded after completing the 5th video wave.

#416 9 years ago

I've gotten EB during the 3rd screen of the 1st wave before. Depends on your settings really. Didn't light EB, but awards it from the jump.

#417 9 years ago

I had my game set to tournament mode which turns off EBs. Now the dilemma, allow an EB or just grind it out on 3?

How many EBs are people allowing themselves? Seems they are pretty easy to earn in factory settings.

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I had my game set to tournament mode which turns off EBs. Now the dilemma, allow an EB or just grind it out on 3?
How many EBs are people allowing themselves? Seems they are pretty easy to earn in factory settings.

I have mine currently on factory settings. Lots of non pinheads play so if it is a little easier, so be it

#419 9 years ago

The WHO combo EB can be reflexive. So if you earn it often then the required number of combos increases, and vice versa. For me this kept it at a good level of difficulty.

Same with the video mode EB. It appears on later waves if you keep succeeding in picking it up.

#420 9 years ago

So excited! Just got my Wobblehead kit in today from Mark at Basement arcade!

It took a few months but I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Image (auto-loading disabled)

photo.JPG 178 KB

This may or may not be helpful

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-who-wobblehead-install-photos#post-1851939

#422 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

photo.JPG 178 KB

Cool! I did the documentation on it. Anyway, take your time with the head adjustment and I'd recommend using a Dremel to flatten the lip on the top of the body. You can get the head closer to the body that way. It takes a little while to install but it looks and works like the original (with a smaller gap between the head and body than the original).

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Cool! I did the documentation on it. Anyway, take your time with the head adjustment and I'd recommend using a Dremel to flatten the lip on the top of the body. You can get the head closer to the body that way. It takes a little while to install but it looks and works like the original (with a smaller gap between the head and body than the original).

Hopefully when these get re-made again I can pick one up. GF saw these and was quite upset we don't have one.

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Hopefully when these get re-made again I can pick one up. GF saw these and was quite upset we don't have one.

Mark from basement arcade might have enough parts left to make one for you if you ask him.

2 weeks later
#425 9 years ago

Just got a new Christmas tree topper and trying to decide if it goes in the ornament box after Christmas or up on top afterwards...
IMG_0170.jpgIMG_0170.jpg

#426 9 years ago

I completed some work on my DW this weekend. I took off the ramps which allowed me to clean and get to those hard to reach bulbs and rubbers. I also got the logo glass protector and finished my Cliffy's install.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-348.jpgimage-348.jpg image-58.jpgimage-58.jpg image-321.jpgimage-321.jpg image-433.jpgimage-433.jpg
#427 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Just got a new Christmas tree topper and trying to decide if it goes in the ornament box after Christmas or up on top afterwards...

IMG_0170.jpg 118 KB

It won't matter, she'll move around while your eyes are shut

#428 9 years ago

IMG_0170.jpg 118 KB

That statue looks spot on to the show. Don't let it go to waste.

#429 9 years ago

Given the history of the weeping angels and Blink.... I don't think I could top a tree with it.

That episode is so creepy...2nd only to X-Files episode "Home" featuring the Peacock family.

This is not going on my tree either...

'

faz

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I completed some work on my DW this weekend. I took off the ramps which allowed me to clean and get to those hard to reach bulbs and rubbers. I also got the logo glass protector and finished my Cliffy's install.

Looking good.

#431 9 years ago

Love this club! Doctor Who was my first pin and I still have it! Only mod I did was I added the motor so the Dalek head moves.

#432 9 years ago

So, I was bored at work today and created some replacement instruction card inserts.

My Photoshop skills aren't anything spectacular -- but I think they look pretty nifty so I wanted to share them with the group.

I've uploaded the PSD and high rez jpg:
http://klsnr.com/_pinball/drwho/DrWho_InstructionInserts.jpg
http://klsnr.com/_pinball/drwho/DrWho_InstructionInserts.psd

inuse.jpginuse.jpg
#433 9 years ago
Quoted from bklossner:

So, I was bored at work today and created some replacement instruction card inserts.
My Photoshop skills aren't anything spectacular -- but I think they look pretty nifty so I wanted to share them with the group.
I've uploaded the PSD and high rez jpg:
http://klsnr.com/_pinball/drwho/DrWho_InstructionInserts.jpg
http://klsnr.com/_pinball/drwho/DrWho_InstructionInserts.psd

inuse.jpg 298 KB

So nice !

#435 9 years ago

Hi everyone - mine was delivered about 4 weeks ago, picture was taken just before we loosened the backbox to turn it sideways to fit through the door to my living room

20141019_133609_small.jpg20141019_133609_small.jpg

At the time I finally decided to buy my first pin, I had the opportunity to decide between the Doctor and Fish Tales, and am I glad I bought the Doctor! I played both of them regularly back in the old days and was unsure about whether I'd get annoyed by the Dalek screaming soon, but it turns out to be the sugar on top of the multiball (sound) action! Totally lost control of everything on my first multiball because it started yelling at me

However my doctor has the somewhat nasty tendency to eject the ball from the jet bumpers back onto the playfield quite often, either through the hole or back through the Bonus X entry itself, making it sometimes hard to start the video mode (I usually don't go for the targets directly, but try to complete Escape by doing the Bonus X shots using doctor 1#) - is this normal or should I recheck the playfield level and/or pitch?

#436 9 years ago

I have to say your choice over FT was very well thought out. To help with your question before replacing the rubbers the ball went more for the Tardis and video mode. With new rubbers the ball bounces back to the playfield more often.

#437 9 years ago

Thanks, indeed all rubbers where replaced during overhaul, so that probably explains it. Guess I have to play even more to wear them down a bit

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

To help with your question before replacing the rubbers the ball went more for the Tardis and video mode. With new rubbers the ball bounces back to the playfield more often.

I concur.

On my DW shooting the bumpers was by no means safe. 30% of the time if would fly back out the bonus-x lane and usually STDM. 20% of the time out the side hole and out of control. The rest of the time it would go into the TARDIS. I actually found that shooting for the ESCAPE targets directly was sometimes safer!

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I completed some work on my DW this weekend. I took off the ramps which allowed me to clean and get to those hard to reach bulbs and rubbers. I also got the logo glass protector ...

Hey - I've seen that glass protector on a few machines, but my Google is failing me. Where did you get it?

Thanks!

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Hey - I've seen that glass protector on a few machines, but my Google is failing me. Where did you get it?

Thanks!

This??

http://www.gamestencils.com/index.php?crn=224&rn=633&action=show_detail

faz

#441 9 years ago

Anyone pop a GI OCD in their Doctor Who? I installed one in mine today and the Dialect lights along with a row of the backglass lights didn't work. Wondering if other people have had success and it's just my OCD board or settings.

#442 9 years ago

Yes! Thanks! (Now just need to wait for it to come back in stock!)

#443 9 years ago

A 'classic' companion to the Doctor joining my machine on the next round of updates:

Affirmative, Master!Affirmative, Master!

#444 9 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

A 'classic' companion to the Doctor joining my machine on the next round of updates:

Outstanding! Did you make it or buy it somewhere? Details Mr. Nerd.

faz

#445 9 years ago

Have to be honest, it was a buy... No where near enough free time for a craft project like this!
Spotted it for about $10 on buy.com and it looked to be the perfect size for the application, so...

...and comes with a book!...and comes with a book!

After the TARDIS upgrade, K-9 just called out to join the fun!
And who am I to deny such a request?

#446 9 years ago

Have to be honest, it was a buy... No where near enough free time for a craft project like this!
Spotted it for about $10 on buy.com and it looked to be the perfect size for the application, so...

Tom Baker is the doctor that I cut my teeth on. K9 and Romana 2 were a huge part.

Just picked on up on Amazon....can't wait to see where I'm going to put it in the game.
faz

#447 9 years ago

finally broke 2 billion tonight. Had 1.4 billion after ball one. Finished 15th VM wave and collected 240 million for the the 7th Dr bonus. I also finally beat wave one of Davros for 300 million.

This game is just a finking masterpiece. I don't even turn on my other games anymore. EXTERMINATE!

#448 9 years ago

Thats really cool Taylor, well done!

#449 9 years ago

"Affirmative Master!"

K-9 just arrived. It's perfect.
faz

#450 9 years ago

Quoted from pinball_faz:

"Affirmative Master!"

K-9 just arrived. It's perfect.

K-9 was the Scrappy-do / Jar-Jar binks of Dr Who but I grew up with him, so, yup he's up there.

topper01.jpgtopper01.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 110.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 40.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 6,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.