(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8F059034-AED6-4CD0-A63B-68703F33C57E (resized).png
2BB87EE1-5698-430F-9904-4F97683F83C2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DSCF2747 (resized).JPG
IMG_0498 (resized).JPG
Tardis99 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-28 at 1.31.59 pm (resized).png
il_1140xN.2008045654_bplp (resized).jpg
IMG_7156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7155 (resized).jpeg
421735202_7550654594958757_8318301814228353514_n (resized).jpg
421727425_7550654341625449_209651123817121918_n (resized).jpg
421731484_7550654938292056_4147915032710083979_n (resized).jpg
421723578_7550654091625474_5367988788185483827_n (resized).jpg
20240117_191816 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 131.
#4201 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

If you need anything, I have all decals scanned and restored.

Thanks ClarkKent , I'm sorted for now

#4202 3 years ago

Here is an interesting side by side of the Ministry of Pinball Time Expander decals versus the original. Notice how blue the ministry ones are...

Original vs Ministry of Pinball Decals (resized).jpegOriginal vs Ministry of Pinball Decals (resized).jpeg
#4203 3 years ago

If your looking for a cheap Doctor Who pinball cover. Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089X9286/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00

Here is what mine looks like:

Doctor Who Pinball Beach Towel as Dust Cover (resized).jpegDoctor Who Pinball Beach Towel as Dust Cover (resized).jpeg
#4204 3 years ago
Quoted from Xantari:

Here is an interesting side by side of the Ministry of Pinball Time Expander decals versus the original. Notice how blue the ministry ones are...[quoted image]

I tried forever to adjust my scan of an original decal and always had a blue tint.

1 week later
#4205 3 years ago

Does anyone have a set of print ready cabinet files.

PM me

I want to add them to my archive.
I should have everything now except cab art.

Also they will be important later as fewer cabinet decals are available every day.

And, as always:

KEEP HANDS AWAY FROM THE MINI PLAYFIELD!

#4206 3 years ago

Fewer cabinet decals available??

#4207 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im over half way done with a preliminary orchestration of the 12 doctors mix that has been EQ'd to minus 6 and bass and treble adjusted.
I should have it uploaded to the community page at pinsound tomorrow.
The classic mix will follow after i get a new original sound card ftom rdoyle.
I need a reference point.
I dont have an original sound card yet.

How did this end up? Awesome work getting those mixes EQd and normalized. I don't have the patience

#4208 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How did this end up? Awesome work getting those mixes EQd and normalized. I don't have the patience

Im really close.

1800 files eq'd and normalized.

Im working on the 12 doctor mix.

But the sfx and most of the voice is interchangable with the modern and classic mix.

Some minor volume tweaks and a couple more shaker ideas, then its mostly done.

Also some panning of voices.

Then i will add it to the community forum.

#4209 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Fewer cabinet decals available??

Either companies won't print them, or the BBC has clamped down or wont renew licenses.

Who knows, but i might do anothet doctor who and stuff is getting scarce for now.

#4210 3 years ago

Either companies won't print them, or the BBC has clamped down or wont renew licenses.
Who knows, but i might do anothet doctor who and stuff is getting scarce for now.

Im having the greatest difficulty on getting the time expander shaker working right.

On my game the time expander itself doesn't make any sound when it raises.

There are a lot of other call outs, but no specific sound that i can determine, that is linked to the time expander rising.

There are files called time expander rising, they playback on pinsound studio, but they dont play when the time expander rises.

Or, im not looking at the right file, there are several.

I have a shake currently on the word 15, and again at zero.

It works good except when the factors start at another number depending on the doctor in charge.

So, its inconsistent

Zero always works before multiball unless you hit multiple switches and zero isnt said.

I do have the time ecpander shake well controlled when it goes down as the sound does play there.

Some ideas here would be helpful.

#4211 3 years ago

Im having the greatest difficulty on getting the time expander shaker working right.
On my game the time expander itself doesn't make any sound when it raises.
There are a lot of other call outs, but no specific sound that i can determine, that is linked to the time expander rising.
There are files called time expander rising, they playback on pinsound studio, but they dont play when the time expander rises.
Or, im not looking at the right file, there are several.
I have a shake currently on the word 15, and again at zero.
It works good except when the factors start at another number depending on the doctor in charge.
So, its inconsistent
Zero always works before multiball unless you hit multiple switches and zero isnt said.
I do have the time ecpander shake well controlled when it goes down as the sound does play there.
Some ideas here would be helpful.

Pinsound has a new firmware from last week that now has native support for the shaker on dr who. You have to remove all your shaker calls though or it won’t work..

I like it and it shakes with the time expander.

#4212 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Pinsound has a new firmware from last week that now has native support for the shaker on dr who. You have to remove all your shaker calls though or it won’t work..
I like it and it shakes with the time expander.

The changelog does list doctor who!

This is very exciting!

Ill report back.

#4213 3 years ago

Is the blue plastic the problem with the Swinks mod? I installed and am still having issues with light leaks and/or reflection. Dang, why did I buy the blue one? Guess I'm going to paint it black now...
Xantari What did you use to paint the mushroom stem that will not wear off over time? Just Sharpie?

#4214 3 years ago
Quoted from CTDnEUG:

Is the blue plastic the problem with the Swinks mod? I installed and am still having issues with light leaks and/or reflection. Dang, why did I buy the blue one? Guess I'm going to paint it black now...
xantari What did you use to paint the mushroom stem that will not wear off over time? Just Sharpie?

It appears that yes the blue color should be painted black inside.

Just use semi or flat black.

The outer blue color should be fine, id leave it alone.

Swinks has removed all color options at shapeways.

It wont work right unless the carrier absorbs, other than reflects light.

Also use black paper or painted black paper for the shroud if you put it on

I did nothing to the mushroom stems and they work perfectly.

Don't paint them.

#4215 3 years ago

my apologies that the blue carrier option has been an issue for 2 people and hence why it is black only now - only sold 3 in blue with one having no issues and I believe the 2nd solved with a coat of black on the inside.

#4216 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

my apologies that the blue carrier option has been an issue for 2 people and hence why it is black only now - only sold 3 in blue with one having no issues and I believe the 2nd solved with a coat of black on the inside.

Not your fault. I bought one in blue wanting to add a cool color to the time expander. Now we know it effected the IR's. Nothing some paint could not fix. Just know your design fixed an original flawed design.

#4217 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Not your fault. I bought one in blue wanting to add a cool color to the time expander. Now we know it effected the IR's. Nothing some paint could not fix. Just know your design fixed an original flawed design.

The swinks carrier is absolutely perfect.

During my restore. I bought all of the options available including a new stock carrier from marco.

All were problematic EXCEPT the swinks carrier.

It solves so many problems with the mech.

I feel fortunate to have had this available when i needed it.

Its rock solid.

#4218 3 years ago

Hey guys
Looking for some help with my mini playfield (shocking, I know).

When I got my DW, the mini PF was completely inop. I did a bunch of fixing and now it will raise and lower in test mode (hooray)...all it took was Clive rebuilding my power driver and 10 opto board, a new motor driver board, and rebuilding the PF using faz guide (lol).

I have several problems but lets tackle them 1 at a time.

First: I’m getting errors in test mode. See pic. I think the mpu is not detecting the position of the PF, which should result from the cam wheel interrupting the single optos (right)?

I replaced all the single optos with new from Marco, and they work in the switch edge test when I interrupt them with a pen. The ball lock optos work also when I put a ball in there.

Any ideas? I feel like I’m close.

F648B91B-8FDB-4FC2-B7D3-59995021A4F1 (resized).jpegF648B91B-8FDB-4FC2-B7D3-59995021A4F1 (resized).jpegF77D6574-82D5-438D-AA55-23579F885982 (resized).jpegF77D6574-82D5-438D-AA55-23579F885982 (resized).jpeg
#4219 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hey guys
Looking for some help with my mini playfield (shocking, I know).
When I got my DW, the mini PF was completely inop. I did a bunch of fixing and now it will raise and lower in test mode (hooray)...all it took was Clive rebuilding my power driver and 10 opto board, a new motor driver board, and rebuilding the PF using faz guide (lol).
I have several problems but lets tackle them 1 at a time.
First: I’m getting errors in test mode. See pic. I think the mpu is not detecting the position of the PF, which should result from the cam wheel interrupting the single optos (right)?
I replaced all the single optos with new from Marco, and they work in the switch edge test when I interrupt them with a pen. The ball lock optos work also when I put a ball in there.
Any ideas? I feel like I’m close.
[quoted image][quoted image]

When you rebuilt the MPF, do you have the cam in the correct position. If the top and bottom positions of the cam are reversed, you will get that error.

#4220 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

When you rebuilt the MPF, do you have the cam in the correct position. If the top and bottom positions of the cam are reversed, you will get that error.

Thanks ... how do I tell? Will I find that in faz’ write up? I was careful but that could certainly be the culprit.

#4221 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Thanks ... how do I tell? Will I find that in faz’ write up? I was careful but that could certainly be the culprit.

Here is a pic of the cam and positions for optos.

Screenshot_20200606-111512_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200606-111512_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
#4222 3 years ago

Awesome. Thank you.

#4223 3 years ago

eyeamred2u which document is that from?

#4224 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

eyeamred2u which document is that from?

It is from Ulf's linear rail kit that eliminates the bearings and uses linear rails instead. A much better solution that makes the MPF go up and down without slop and side to side movement.

#4225 3 years ago

Ah yes, the one that’s on backorder for a year

#4226 3 years ago

Just following up: I spray-painted the inside of the swinks carrier flat black, and now all 5 switches are working perfectly. Yay! It's a great mod, and now that it's only offered in black there should be no more problems with it. I didn't modify the mushroom "stems" at all.

#4227 3 years ago

Couple questions about the mushroom targets and force factor. When you lock 2 balls in the time expander the force factor starts at 15 and counts down. Often it will tick off 2 or 3 points at a time, going from 15 to 13 or 10 to 7 after a single hit. First I'm assuming this is by design. Then if so, is it simply the amount of oomph you've hit the mushroom with or what?

Also when the countdown is getting close to zero, striking certain mushrooms sometimes yields nothing but a "reject" noise. Do you have to hit each one, or is there a limit to how many times each one can be hit?

Thx

#4228 3 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

Couple questions about the mushroom targets and force factor. When you lock 2 balls in the time expander the force factor starts at 15 and counts down. Often it will tick off 2 or 3 points at a time, going from 15 to 13 or 10 to 7 after a single hit. First I'm assuming this is by design. Then if so, is it simply the amount of oomph you've hit the mushroom with or what?
Also when the countdown is getting close to zero, striking certain mushrooms sometimes yields nothing but a "reject" noise. Do you have to hit each one, or is there a limit to how many times each one can be hit?
Thx

Test with a ball in edge test to be sure everything is right.

Otherwise,
You are sweeping the targets.

Also some doctors need less hits to get to multiball.

#4229 3 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

Often it will tick off 2 or 3 points at a time, going from 15 to 13 or 10 to 7 after a single hit.

I think this is due to having Doctor 7 selected. It says something to that affect in the manual.

Doctor 7 (resized).jpgDoctor 7 (resized).jpg
#4230 3 years ago
Quoted from Catch86:

I think this is due to having Doctor 7 selected. It says something to that affect in the manual.
[quoted image]

Yep. Doc 7 makes it easier to get to
Multiball. IMO something that should be changed from default settings, start with Doc 4 or 3

#4231 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep. Doc 7 makes it easier to get to
Multiball. IMO something that should be changed from default settings, start with Doc 4 or 3

Makes sense. Mine defaults to Sylvester McCoy when starting a new game. Blew a fuse a few months ago and set it back to factory default then. Many times I forget to select a doc and just start playing.

#4232 3 years ago

I just uploaded another adjusted orchestration for the 12 doctors pinsound mix. Its pending approval right now.

Its called Doctor_Who_12Doctors_fixed.zip

Fixed a ton of volumes.
Fixed a lot of gains.
Shortened some sound clips, reareanged a few clips.

Im much happier with this current rev.

Worked in the shakers a bit more.

If someone has some shaker insight for doctor who please let me know.

#4233 3 years ago

I just uploaded another adjusted orchestration for the 12 doctors pinsound mix. Its pending approval right now.
Fixed a ton of volumes.
Fixed a lot of gains.

Can’t wait to try it out in a few weeks! (DW at another location right now)

#4234 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can’t wait to try it out in a few weeks! (DW at another location right now)

I think its better balanced.

#4235 3 years ago

Shakerization is baked in the new firmware but you have to delete all your shaker calls.

#4236 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Shakerization is baked in the new firmware but you have to delete all your shaker calls.

I updated to todays firmware.

I have a USB stick with the original mix from pinsound, no shakers on that.

No shakers, none whatsoever.

No officisl shakers detected.

What am i doing wrong?

It cant possibly be that difficult.

Give me an exact list of what to do.

#4237 3 years ago

I updated to todays firmware.
I have a USB stick with the original mix from pinsound, no shakers on that.
No shakers, none whatsoever.
No officisl shakers detected.
What am i doing wrong?
It cant possibly be that difficult.
Give me an exact list of what to do.

I’m not sure.. i use the “doctoring the tardis” mix. Had shaker stuff on it. Removed all when I read the Q&A on pinsound site stating that shaker support is direct in firmware but if ANY shaker calls are programmed in pinstudio then it overrides the firmware and you lose the built in shaker support. The firmware shaker calls are way better than what I had come up with.

I also tried with the basic pinsound original mix and the shaker works on it too through firmware.

#4238 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’m not sure.. i use the “doctoring the tardis” mix. Had shaker stuff on it. Removed all when I read the Q&A on pinsound site stating that shaker support is direct in firmware but if ANY shaker calls are programmed in pinstudio then it overrides the firmware and you lose the built in shaker support. The firmware shaker calls are way better than what I had come up with.
I also tried with the basic pinsound original mix and the shaker works on it too through firmware.

I have the newest firmware.
I have a zip file of the original orchestration from pinsound.

I let the pinsound plus extract the files.

Clean installation.
Newest firmware.

No shakers.

What sm i doing wrong?

#4239 3 years ago

I have the newest firmware.
I have a zip file of the original orchestration from pinsound.
I let the pinsound plus extract the files.
Clean installation.
Newest firmware.
No shakers.
What sm i doing wrong?

No idea... check with the pinsound dudes. They usually answer very quickly. Nicolas worked with me last week to resolve Roadshow probs with their original mix..

#4240 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

No idea... check with the pinsound dudes. They usually answer very quickly. Nicolas worked with me last week to resolve Roadshow probs with their original mix..

Taking your experience as an example.

Reinstalled today's firmware.
Redownloaded original mix.

Checked the mix in pinsound studio, no shakers there.

Allowed pinsound card to unzip the files.

Pinsound diagnostic:

No official shakers or user events.

No shakers, none.

So $400 card doesnt work at all.

However my custom mix on another usb stick works pretty good.
Shakers work well..

My emails to pinsound remain unanswered after several days.

So, again, what am i doing wrong.

#4241 3 years ago

Fixed a ton of volumes.
Fixed a lot of gains.

Can that mix be downloaded without it being approved? I’d like to see if any of that may run on a TiltAudio card. If so that board will go in Dr Who instead of a future project.

#4242 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday.

A6CA971F-80F1-4C03-ACD6-FACD07A7E0D4 (resized).jpegA6CA971F-80F1-4C03-ACD6-FACD07A7E0D4 (resized).jpeg2110DFFF-C04F-41F3-8646-C31062769FC6 (resized).jpeg2110DFFF-C04F-41F3-8646-C31062769FC6 (resized).jpeg
#4243 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Joined the club yesterday.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the the Tardis Club my friend!

#4244 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Can that mix be downloaded without it being approved? I’d like to see if any of that may run on a TiltAudio card. If so that board will go in Dr Who instead of a future project.

I dont know.

But they approve pretty fast.

Im still trying to get the official shakers to work on my game.

They have 84 events programmed, should be epic!

They are looking into it right now.

#4245 3 years ago

I dont know.
But they approve pretty fast.
Im still trying to get the official shakers to work on my game.
They have 84 events programmed, should be epic!
They are looking into it right now.

They did approve it? I've been watching the Pinsound files and I see the 12 Doctors, but the version listed was last updated in 2019.

#4246 3 years ago

Even if it isn't approved is there a way we can get it directly?

#4247 3 years ago

Correction - the updated 12 Doctors is not listed on the generic Dr. Who sound file page, but I did see it at the following link. The one updated in May is indeed listed:

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/profile/3906-cegbiscom/content/&type=downloads_file

Thank you again, "pinballinreno," you are a tremendous help to many of us.

#4248 3 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

Correction - the updated 12 Doctors is not listed on the generic Dr. Who sound file page, but I did see it at the following link. The one updated in May is indeed listed:
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/profile/3906-cegbiscom/content/&type=downloads_file
Thank you again, "pinballinreno," you are a tremendous help to many of us.

You are very welcome!

Im making some master volume adjustments today.

Ill upload an updated version when done.

Maybe also do a google drive link here for a day or so

I also found a suitable time expander shaker sound to attach to. It works pretty good.

Im pretty excited about this.

The sound file was named space_up.

You would never know it was for the time expander lol, took weeks to find.

Lots more shaker enhancements.

The fixed.zip is what im working on now.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/317-doctor_who_12doctors_fixedzip/

#4249 3 years ago

You are very welcome!
I also found a suitable time expander shaker sound to attach to. It works pretty good.
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/317-doctor_who_12doctors_fixedzip/

I know you have had issues getting it to work but the built-in shaker effects do go off with the time expander already and they are fancier than what I could do with pinsound studio.... Just sayin..

#4250 3 years ago

You are very welcome!

I think you also mentioned possibly doing some work on the original mix that came with the machine - is that more of a medium-term project, after 12 Doctors is further refined?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 6,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 131.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.