Quoted from MrMikeman:
Looking for some info if anyone has had this same issue. I get optos registering when they shouldn't. In switch test if I slam both flippers repeatedly I get intermittent triggering of all 10 optos at the same time. Just a flicker. If I slam/hit/nudge/shake the game it doesn't do it. Only with both flippers.
Certainly seems like a power issue since they all trigger exactly together.
What I've done:
- Line voltage is good (through a voltage regulator to make sure). Game never resets anyway.
- Checked power(12v) continuity from PDB to 10-opto board and it's good. Voltage at opto board is same as TP1 on PDB.
- The unregulated 12v was a bit low(around 11v) so I replaced BR5 and C30 and now it's up around 14.3v and doesn't dip.
- I've installed a separate power supply for the accessories (lit buttons, ColorDMD, extra LEDs) just to make sure I wasn't straining the 12v.
- In the special system test/check it tells me all these switches(optos) are bouncy.
Other than re-pinning all the opto board connectors does anyone have any suggestion? I don't have housings or pins. Game plays anyway just annoying that I can hear it register switches when they aren't getting hit. Especially annoying to see the DMD animation for the ramp entry all the time.
For the optos, some have placed straws over the IR's to limit the beam from straying. Seems like.excess voltage is leaking from your flippers.