Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,265 posts
  • 283 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by pinball_faz
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 601 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190316_144921 (resized).jpg
20190316_183837 (resized).jpg
20190311_220323 (resized).jpg
08a4620a0a61942e67327f732223c708c4cff4a6 (resized).jpg
Dalek_cake (resized).jpg
drwho (resized).jpg
drwho (resized).jpg
t87drt6x15e21 (resized).jpg
2B563780-816D-4223-9941-C2A6A88240C1 (resized).jpeg
CF216E95-1CFF-4A2A-BD39-70B86D27A8D3 (resized).jpeg
ACCD1943-3D2C-4464-ACC0-115D6E1F9619 (resized).jpeg
29A9A6DB-0BFD-4F98-BFC2-B4F49BA49002 (resized).jpeg
Target sample (resized).png
TE sample (resized).png
Flaptargetrelease (resized).jpg
MPF (resized).jpg

There are 2265 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 46.
#2251 8 days ago

Well if the colors still match, you can easily but tediously reassemble everything and from there see what symptoms are showing up.

Be sure that patience will be rewarded with this terrific games. Impatient people usually hate it

Still working on my funhouse before finally starting my Dr Who big maintenance/small overhaul!

#2252 8 days ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

We just installed this alt translite from ebay and love it, did have to trim just a bit. Photo doesn't do it justice.
[quoted image]

Btw thx for this pic. Loved it, and as the seller only ships to US, had my brother to order it for me.
I’ll get it when he visits. Can’t wait!

#2253 8 days ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Well if the colors still match, you can easily but tediously reassemble everything and from there see what symptoms are showing up.
Be sure that patience will be rewarded with this terrific games. Impatient people usually hate it
Still working on my funhouse before finally starting my Dr Who big maintenance/small overhaul!

Thanks dude. The wires are all connected albeit with the white blocks. This may also be the reason why it won't boot.

Good luck with your Funhouse. Lovely game

#2254 8 days ago
Quoted from thewool:

The wires are all connected albeit with the white blocks.

I would remove each block one by one and solder each of them. Using heat shrink tubing. (Clear tubing)

That pic is crazy. Good luck with that task. Oh and welcome to the club.

#2255 7 days ago
Quoted from Catch86:

I would remove each block one by one and solder each of them. Using heat shrink tubing. (Clear tubing)
That pic is crazy. Good luck with that task. Oh and welcome to the club.

Thanks for the tips and good luck!

#2256 5 days ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yes I'm in the Time Lord club!! But there's a bit of a but...
Some enemy of Gallifrey has snipped some wires in the Tardis' main console. So at the moment she's lifeless.
My plan at the moment is to take some 'time' and solder these properly one by one. Then figure out why she won't energise.
Any help from experienced pinheads is much appreciated! Inspirational Dr Who messages also welcome
Cheers.
[quoted image]

Good grief! Who let 'The Master' in there?!? Grab your sonic and have at it!

Good luck!

#2257 4 days ago

New Lifter Kit arrived, Gonna be a fun weekend to install this awesome kit and post pictures.

#2258 4 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

New Lifter Kit arrived, Gonna be a fun weekend to install this awesome kit and post pictures.

Awesome! Can’t wait for ours

#2259 2 days ago

I'd like to join the club.. just got my first pinball machine, you guessed it, a Doctor Who! The shop I bought it from spruced it it and got everything working. It stood up to 8 hours of continuous play on it's first night in what is now my game room. I've also added a brand new mortal combat cabinet with over 1000 classic arcade games.

Been a fan of the show since the early 80s, and have been a casual pinball player off and on for years. Since I seem to be more and more of a kid as I age, I figured why not! Oh, and Tom Baker is my fave. Probably David Tennant next.

20190316_144921 (resized).jpg20190316_183837 (resized).jpg
#2260 2 days ago

Here's one for all of you to think on.

My machine had a catastrophic gearbox failure time expander, so I duly bought a new unit. All fitted fine. However, now, when ever I put the board down, it stops working. If I lift the playfield to try and track down the fault, it's fine again. I have removed it all, checked all the connections, checked the new motor, then re-installed it. Put the playfield down VERY gently, then played for one game, then, motor stopped again. I have wiggled every possible wire and checked every connection so many times you wouldn't believe. I would be tearing my hair out, but I don't really have any anyway!

Any suggestions chaps?

#2261 2 days ago

At this point I’d check the electronic parts that control the motor. It’s getting send 12V or -12V depending on the way it goes.

Try your motor this way:
Find a 12v adapter, remove connector.
Disconnect the motor engine from the connector.
Put (through crocodile plugs or whatever you want) the cables from your adapter to the motor.
Put back down the playfield so that it lies as when you play

If it behaves as it should (meaning going up and down as these are the ibly things you control with this test) when receiving power this way, then I’d say the issue is on the board or logic and not the motor.

If it does not then you received a faulty motor, or your 12V is screwing them up.

#2262 2 days ago

Maybe something with the switch that detects the glass. That switch shuts down power to that motor I think

#2263 2 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Maybe something with the switch that detects the glass. That switch shuts down power to that motor I think

Yes it does.
You have to keep it closed for testing. Good point.

#2264 2 days ago
Quoted from Muppet_Man:

My machine had a catastrophic gearbox failure time expander, so I duly bought a new unit. All fitted fine. However, now, when ever I put the board down, it stops working. If I lift the playfield to try and track down the fault, it's fine again. I have removed it all, checked all the connections, checked the new motor, then re-installed it. Put the playfield down VERY gently, then played for one game, then, motor stopped again. I have wiggled every possible wire and checked every connection so many times you wouldn't believe. I would be tearing my hair out, but I don't really have any anyway!
Any suggestions chaps?

I had a rather similar situation that Faz Helped me out with - the MPF motor shares a power wire with a random flasher in the backboard. I think it’s the flasher behind #5. It can easily come loose from the connector which joins it. The loss of this connection can lead to a low power situation for the motor, where it can’t reliably raise and lower the MPF. Be sure to check on that ..

If u remove the mini playfield and it will raise and lower when powered from a 9 volt battery, but fails in the game, it is probably what I described ^^^

#2265 1 day ago
Quoted from Muppet_Man:

Any suggestions chaps?

I'd suggest you pull this into it's own thread. That's the problem with these generic game threads... yes, large audience but really hard to track when several tech discussions running concurrently. As for your issue: lots of good ideas above. Let us know how those tests work. Also, you test the connections but it might be the connectors themselves. Specifically the two wire connector for the motor and the other end of that connector on the bi-directional board. Given your description it sure sounds like a bad connector, broken wire or cold solder joint.

faz

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
£ 80.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 2265 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 46.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside