(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 132.
#1701 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Hello to all the Dr Who owners here. Recently found a beautiful example, no fade, shopped, leds, solid 9.0 maybe even 9.5. Any thoughts on price for this pin in beautiful condition. No errors, everything works the way it should. Thanks

Location Location Location... nuf said

faz

#1702 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Hello to all the Dr Who owners here. Recently found a beautiful example, no fade, shopped, leds, solid 9.0 maybe even 9.5. Any thoughts on price for this pin in beautiful condition. No errors, everything works the way it should. Thanks

3k-ish?

1 week later
#1703 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Actually, I would say the no fade on the cabinet would increase the value as they are hard to find. Assuming a nice play field, I would say 3500

#1704 6 years ago

twins at my home .

20171224_154232[1] (resized).jpg20171224_154232[1] (resized).jpg

#1705 6 years ago

Anyone know if there are anyone reproing the speaker panels for Dr Who?

#1706 6 years ago

Does anybody have scans or really good photos of the ramp decals?

#1707 6 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I was asked by a member to post a picture of the permanent markers used to make my doctor who respectable until I re-decaled it.
The brand is pilot. V super color refillable
Hope it helps.

No need to re-decal it anymore!

#1708 6 years ago

Did some repainting of the front of my machine yesterday. About 4 hours of work. Frisket film, tweeding, then air brushing. It's not perfect but sure looks better.
Brian

20171227_165818 (resized).jpg20171227_165818 (resized).jpg
20171123_072425 (resized).jpg20171123_072425 (resized).jpg

#1709 6 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

...Frisket film, tweeding, then air brushing...

Looks good on the picture, but what is tweeding?

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Looks good on the picture, but what is tweeding?

Opps, actually should say weedong. When you lay down the Frisket paper, you razor blade around the letters, then remove the areas you want painted. The removal process is called weeding.

Brian

#1711 6 years ago

Digression...

Dr who is ripe for a newer pinball. It's more popular than it ever was. And what a show.

I would seriously consider a new dr who. The show is exceptional. Now. Always was good.

I bet licensing would fall into place too. The actors seem to like being in dr who.

#1712 6 years ago

They could somehow incorporate these angels freezing during gameplay...

Strobe lights on.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1713 6 years ago

has anyone put in a pin sound board on a DR Who? Results?

#1714 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Several posts talk about this in this very thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tq=pinsound&tu

faz

#1715 6 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Did some repainting of the front of my machine yesterday. About 4 hours of work. Frisket film, tweeding, then air brushing. It's not perfect but sure looks better.
Brian

looks good but you didn't finished

cddw (resized).jpgcddw (resized).jpg

#1716 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I highly recommend it. There are some great music mixes put together by fellow Pinsiders of different styles.

#1717 6 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

I highly recommend it. There are some great music mixes put together by fellow Pinsiders of different styles.

I have to buy like 5 or 6 pinsound boards plus about 10 color dmd’s. Ugh this hobby .

In the meantime , I hooked up an external sub woofer to DW. If you have not done this yet, I highly recommend as well. I have been disappointed at times when I have hooked up an external sub woofer to some of my other games but not this one. The sonic booms are really magnified and a real rush. I must admit DW is a game I wish I had bought a long time ago. I think the WHO shots are 3 of the best combo shots in pinball. I am going to rate this game pretty high. An excellent 2 to 3K game.

#1718 6 years ago

Can somebody make photos of the blue ramp decals on the upper left side? Do they have any color gradient or is it solid blue with red borders?

#1719 6 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Can somebody make photos of the blue ramp decals on the upper left side? Do they have any color gradient or is it solid blue with red borders?

There is a slight gradient on the decal, hopefully it's visible in the picture. Sorry it's not a bit better, but I'm in the middle of about six annoying things that made it a bit difficult to arrange a decent shot at the moment.

IMG_4823 (resized).JPGIMG_4823 (resized).JPG

#1720 6 years ago

The color gradient goes in which direction?

And the one on the side of the plastic ramp (sticks vertically on the border)?

Some more detailed photos would be really nice to reproduce them as good as possible...

#1721 6 years ago

It's a little dirty but I hope you can see how it darkens on the left side.
Brian

20180107_125126 (resized).jpg20180107_125126 (resized).jpg
20180107_125112 (resized).jpg20180107_125112 (resized).jpg
20180107_125117 (resized).jpg20180107_125117 (resized).jpg
20180107_125106 (resized).jpg20180107_125106 (resized).jpg
20180107_125112 (resized).jpg20180107_125112 (resized).jpg

#1722 6 years ago

Many thanx! As far as I can see it the color gradient is simply from light blue to dark. Correct? Is the darker blue facing the backboard?

Can you give me measurements?

Would be the best of you could clean it and scan it.

#1723 6 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Many thanx! As far as I can see it the color gradient is simply from light blue to dark. Correct? Is the darker blue facing the backboard?
Can you give me measurements?
Would be the best of you could clean it and scan it.

17 inces long, 1.125 inches wide. Yes light to dark. I can try cleaning it a bit, but I don't have a good enough scanner. I've tried emailing the company who sells the ramps several times to see if they would sell me the stickers, no one has ever answered them.

#1724 6 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

17 inces long, 1.125 inches wide. Yes light to dark. I can try cleaning it a bit, but I don't have a good enough scanner. I've tried emailing the company who sells the ramps several times to see if they would sell me the stickers, no one has ever answered them.

Thank you!

What do you mean by not good enough scanner? Do you have any? If yes, just try to scan it and let me see the result...

Otherwise please make good photos from straight above without flash light at daylight so that I can see that better.

#1725 6 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Thank you!
What do you mean by not good enough scanner? Do you have any? If yes, just try to scan it and let me see the result...
Otherwise please make good photos from straight above without flash light at daylight so that I can see that better.

It won't fit my scanner, but I can scan it twice. PM me your email and I'll send the file over once I scan it.
Brian

#1726 6 years ago

This is the closest possible redraw of the decal - as far as I can see it on the scan.

31-1687-1.png31-1687-1.png

#1727 6 years ago

Looks real nice, I've sent you the files. Hope you can use them.

Brian

#1728 6 years ago

Anyone have any issues with ball hangups by the pop bumpers going into the video mode hole?

20180110_135849 (resized).jpg20180110_135849 (resized).jpg

#1729 6 years ago

No one?

#1730 6 years ago

I do not....

Check the playfield angle and the height of the posts (make sure they are the correct ones).

Lastly, if that's all good, try a smaller band. It will pull the rubber tighter which should make it harder for the ball to catch.
That red band looks pretty thick like it's not stretched well.

faz

#1731 6 years ago

It seems that some of the newer bands are thicker than the originals. I've never had a ball stuck where you show but have had it hang up on the rubber at the post because of the thicker ring. Going to install some yellow superbands instead the next time I shop the machine.

#1732 6 years ago

Does anybody have 3d objects files (for Blender, Cinema4D, etc.) for Doctor Who? A dalek, cyberman, davros, tardis console, weeping angle, who car, etc. would be really nice. Doesn't need to be very highres, I do not 3d print that.

#1734 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anyone have any issues with ball hangups by the pop bumpers going into the video mode hole?

Yeah I had that problem. I just looked at what I did. I put a smaller band on there that spans 3 posts? Then I put another even smaller band that fit for the 2 posts.

#1735 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Check out Swinks creations:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/4RMBTZ62X/whomobile-pinball-mod-1-40-enclosed?optionId=57879806&li=marketplace
Lots of options of the whomobile and he's always creating.
faz

Thanx for the info - but I'm only looking for the meshes and not the finished product...

#1736 6 years ago

Any ideas on obtaining a plastic set?

#1737 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Make a wtb post and be prepared to shell out a lot of dough, it won't be cheap.

#1738 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

check out pinball search - great site for finding things and give a $1 if you find something to help the guy out

https://www.pinballsearch.com/#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=doctor%20who%20plastics

#1739 6 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

I assume you are referring to the Pinsound Modern, Metal, Disco and Doctorin' the Tardis mixes? Actually, I made all four of those.

#1740 6 years ago

Anyone interested in these battery adaptors for a single 1/2 AA lithium battery. Get rid of the Alcaline leakable batteries and just plug this adapter into your 3AA battery holder with a 1/2 AA lithium battery instead.

$10 a piece
$12 shipping (up to 5 adapter sets).

Cheers
/mima

DSC_0491.JPGDSC_0491.JPG

DSC_0072.JPGDSC_0072.JPG

#1741 6 years ago
Quoted from Catch86:

Yeah I had that problem. I just looked at what I did. I put a smaller band on there that spans 3 posts? Then I put another even smaller band that fit for the 2 posts.

I would have to look to see if I have anything smaller. I put whatever was in there originally, and they're pretty taut but could probably go 1/4 inch smaller.

#1742 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Anyone interested in these battery adaptors for a single 1/2 AA lithium battery. Get rid of the Alcaline leakable batteries and just plug this adapter into your 3AA battery holder with a 1/2 AA lithium battery instead.
$10 a piece
$12 shipping (up to 5 adapter sets).
Cheers
/mima

I just started using the Energizer Lithium AA batteries in the holder on the board. Friends that use them say they last a long time and haven't heard of them leaking although I think just about any battery can leak. On the one older game which doesn't use the date/time I just went NVRAM.

#1743 6 years ago

Anyone installed a color DMD LED board in this game?
I am getting ready to tackle this project and need to know if it is small enough to allow the original light strip to stay in place to light up the doctors on the speaker panel.
I know the LCD is to large to allow this.

#1744 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Anyone installed a color DMD LED board in this game?
I am getting ready to tackle this project and need to know if it is small enough to allow the original light strip to stay in place to light up the doctors on the speaker panel.
I know the LCD is to large to allow this.

From everything I have read the LED version is the same size as the original DMD so it just bolts in place. None of the hacks that the LCD version requires are needed so it is easily reversible. At some point I will upgrade my machine and will get the LED version.

#1745 6 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

From everything I have read the LED version is the same size as the original DMD so it just bolts in place. None of the hacks that the LCD version requires are needed so it is easily reversible. At some point I will upgrade my machine and will get the LED version.

Thanks.
Much appreciated.

#1746 6 years ago

I just installed the LED color DMD. No fit problems at all

#1747 6 years ago

now if only they could do something about the VGA-grade graphics and make a hi-res DMD, I'd consider getting one... the color DMDs just make them look like old Tandy computers

#1748 6 years ago

anyone got a spare main+mini playfield kicking around they'd like to sell?

#1749 6 years ago

Guess I'm in the club now... modernized this a bit with a new translite, Pinsound, dipped incandescents... so much fun.

IMG_1370 (resized).jpgIMG_1370 (resized).jpg

#1750 6 years ago

question: has anyone had issues with occasional ball hangups between the mini/main playfield on the cliffy protectors? do you have to shim the mini playfield where it bolts to the main playfield, or is there a better way to get the mini to come up just a smidge?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
£ 110.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.