(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,023 posts
  • 362 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by nerdygrrl
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DoctorWho2.jpg
DoctorWho1.jpg
A145B6FD-C83D-45C1-AC5C-CB93B78D2B95 (resized).jpeg
053C9D24-AD74-42D0-BFD4-1654E6F6C001 (resized).jpeg
470BC2FE-CE14-485B-B1C3-FF20D71F01F6 (resized).jpeg
C0652E76-78B5-49E2-B96D-4808A0C45AFF (resized).jpeg
2020-05-26 19.10.40 (resized).jpg
DRWHO_crop (resized).jpg
backboard edit (resized).jpg
20190611_100531 (resized).jpg
20210729_174245 (resized).jpg
20210729_173728 (resized).jpg
20210729_163528 (resized).jpg
20200326_111008 (resized).jpg
20210729_163528 (resized).jpg
20210729_162543 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5023 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 101.
#5001 6 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Replace the diode, and let us know.
Its a pretty easy fix if that's all it is.
While you have the board out check all the pins for cracks etc.
Carefully examine all the traces with a magnifier.

Diode replacement complete.

Problem solved!

Game now saves settings!

Had a good look over everything and it looks brand new.

Just waiting for ColorDMD.

#5002 6 days ago
Quoted from ignat:

Diode replacement complete.
Problem solved!
Game now saves settings!
Had a good look over everything and it looks brand new.
Just waiting for ColorDMD.

Great news!

Good job on the troubleshooting.

#5003 5 days ago

For those who would like to upgrade the static Dalek topper, Mark Davidson just finished 6 more of his famous Wobble head mechs. I just got another one, so he has 5 left. https://www.basementarcade.com/Project-Wobble-Head.html

#5004 2 days ago

Hey guys, quick question

I have 2 machines which behave differently.

In wave 3 video mode when you get the extra ball - one of my machines knocks the other one doesn't.

Normal game play they are identical. Only other difference is one has wobble head and one doesnt.

Any ideas?

#5005 2 days ago

Also one has a genuine MPU the other one has a Rottendog replacement.

#5006 2 days ago
Quoted from ignat:

Also one has a genuine MPU the other one has a Rottendog replacement.

Could swap the MPU boards between games and see if the behavior switch too? If not then something in the game itself.

If the behavior follows the MPU are they both running the same ROM version? If you swap ROM chips between games does the behavior switch too? Are both using batteries or is one using NVRAM?

#5007 2 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Could swap the MPU boards between games and see if the behavior switch too? If not then something in the game itself.
If the behavior follows the MPU are they both running the same ROM version? If you swap ROM chips between games does the behavior switch too? Are both using batteries or is one using NVRAM?

Thanks for the reply. I cant really be bothered changing out the MPU for that. On your machine does it knock during video mode or not?

They both seem to be running 20006 L-2

#5008 2 days ago

Actually its a Homepin replacement not Rottendog

#5009 2 days ago
Quoted from ignat:

Thanks for the reply. I cant really be bothered changing out the MPU for that. On your machine does it knock during video mode or not?
They both seem to be running 20006 L-2

I’ve never heard my machine knock during video mode. Are all the settings exactly the same? You could try restoring factory settings on each then compare.

#5010 2 days ago

I’ve never heard my machine knock during video mode. Are all the settings exactly the same? You could try restoring factory settings on each then compare.

I'm wondering if its something to do with the different MPU

#5011 2 days ago
Quoted from ignat:

I'm wondering if its something to do with the different MPU

If you can swap them between games that would tell for sure. Which version knocks now?

#5012 2 days ago

If you can swap them between games that would tell for sure. Which version knocks now?

The Homepin one does, the Bally/Williams doesn't.

#5013 2 days ago

Can anyone else comment if their video mode fires the knock coil when you collect the EB ?

#5014 2 days ago

I am guessing it is just a setting. Restore both to factory and make sure they are running the same revision

#5015 2 days ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I am guessing it is just a setting. Restore both to factory and make sure they are running the same revision

Its not a setting, they are both on factory settings

#5016 2 days ago

My DW is in Ohio right now, but I am 99.999% sure it does knock during the video mode, when you collect the EB icon on the 2nd(?) wave

All boards original. Maybe check your ROM revision

#5017 2 days ago

I've never heard mine knock in video mode.

#5018 1 day ago

So my machine that I just manually forced balls to light up targets and WHO extra ball, it only knocks on high score replay, and when special is lit on ESCAPE targets. Doing a W H O ramps in order and then going down the extra ball lane that is lit, only gets you an extra ball, NO knock. My machine is set to wave 5 video extra ball. So I went through all 5 videos and got extra ball, but No knock. I have original WPC 89 CPU with level 2 chip. My power board is from PinLED in Germany 2005. Wonder why the difference in your machines.

#5019 1 day ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

My DW is in Ohio right now, but I am 99.999% sure it does knock during the video mode, when you collect the EB icon on the 2nd(?) wave
All boards original. Maybe check your ROM revision

Mine does not knock when awarding the extra ball in video mode.

#5020 1 day ago

I worked it out!

My Original MPU (Hard Soldered DIPs) No Knock
IMG_1126 (resized).jpg

Homepin MPU Knocks
IMG_1128 (resized).jpg

Homepin MPU with the same DIPs set to ON No Knock!
IMG_1127 (resized).jpg

#5021 1 day ago
Quoted from ignat:

I worked it out!
My Original MPU (Hard Soldered DIPs) No Knock
[quoted image]
Homepin MPU Knocks
[quoted image]
Homepin MPU with the same DIPs set to ON No Knock!
[quoted image]

Well there you go.

Good detective work!

#5022 4 hours ago

I know that the recent auction that the Museum (but not museum quality) pinballs and arcades sold for inflated prices, but can you believe that Doctor Who sold for $8000 plus shipping??? It did not even have any upgrades such as color DMD, or Pinsound board, or moving Dalek topper.

#5023 4 hours ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I know that the recent auction that the Museum (but not museum quality) pinballs and arcades sold for inflated prices, but can you believe that Doctor Who sold for $8000 plus shipping??? It did not even have any upgrades such as color DMD, or Pinsound board, or moving Dalek topper.

And don't forget auction fees

There are 5023 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 101.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside