Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PINTEC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from mwrussel:

I previously had an issue with my Dr Who where several solenoids/optos were firing causing a weird issue. The playfield moves without knowling location, ball shooter, tardis popper, MPF ball ejects all fire randomly. Last time, everything passed tests and when checking connections, the problem resolved when I removed unplugged and reseated J117. It's now doing the same thing again, but everytime I try to check, fuse F105 blows. Reseating the plug does not fix it this time. A short somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Suspect broken intermittent wires internally in mini playfield harness:

Re Check the mini playfield harness for intermittent shorts/internal broken wires. in opto test gently flex the harness to check for signals going in and out.
    Remedy:
    replace/refresh all the fatigued wires in harness that are constantly moving up and down.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from mwrussel:

I checked the voltages coming into the power driver. I believe I was using the DMM correct by choosing the VAC setting, putting the common on the ground strap attached to the mounting plate and then checked individual pins through the connector. I roughly got half the state VAC for each input. I checked just a few of the outputs as well and they seemed to be spot on.
    Here's the input VAC results with expected in ()
    J101
    pin 1 5.3 (9)
    pin 2 5.2 (9)
    pin 4 6.7 (13)
    pin 6 6.7 (13)
    J102
    pin 2 8.7 (16)
    pin 4 7.9 (16)
    pin 6 7.5 (16)
    pin 9 7.5 (16)
    J104 is VAC output to J901-3
    pin 1 31 (50)
    pin 2 26 (50)
    J112
    pin 1 4.6 (9.8)
    pin 3 6.8 (9.8)
    J115 all pins were supposed to be 6.8VAC, all were approximately 5 VAC
    The few VDC outputs checed were as expectred, some higher than expected, 50v outputs at j107 were giving 75V

On the Opto board check input voltage is present:
    J3 Pin 1 is Ground Pin 2 is 12V

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PINTEC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-opto-issue-again?tu=PINTEC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.