Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by yellowghost
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5EA8FC64-84FA-46F2-B354-82DECC2DBACB (resized).jpeg
Doctor whokuehfkuevht (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

My Doctor Who has extensive wear above the 7 as it goes into the MPF. I've ordered Cliffy's, but they will not cover all this damage. So I've got to repair this first. I assume I'll have to pull the MPF ( I have Faz's white paper ), but it doesn't look like I'll have to remove anything else. Anyone ever do this repair before? What materials and knowledge must I have? Thanks!

Doctor whokuehfkuevht (resized).jpg
#2 6 months ago

get the cliff for the other side.

#3 6 months ago

I’ve ordered the protector that covers minimal damage to the lip, but it does not fully cover all the way to the”7” insert, as you can see in the provided pic from Cliffy’s website. My damage is deep and I feel must be filled, or the protector will eventually dent in.

5EA8FC64-84FA-46F2-B354-82DECC2DBACB (resized).jpeg
#4 6 months ago

I had a chip out of mine near her head. I used bondo and then carefully hand painted to match.

#5 6 months ago

Bondo sucks for repairs like this.
Try something like the wood filler:
DAP Plastic 16-oz Wood Filler
which won't chip/break.

I wouldn't paint anything unless I had to. IE use just enough wood filler to fill the chip and leave it alone if it's covered by the cliffy.

#6 6 months ago

Not too bad really.

Here is what you need:
Wood filler, sandpaper (150, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000), water thin super glue, exacto knife, something to use as a roller (I had a small one cut from the scrap pin at tap plastics), rubbing alcohol (90% if possible), naphtha.

Take the 150 grit sandpaper, and lightly sand down the exposed wood. The idea is to remove as much of the loose, worn wood as possible. If you can easily pick the wood off, it needs to come out.

Once this is done, blow off the dust, and go over the area with naphtha.

Sparingly drip the super glue on the exposed wood to help give the wood a little bit more strength.

After the glue had dried, lightly scuff with 800, then go over with naphtha again.

Cut off a bit of the wood filler, and start pushing it into the wear. Use the roller and the knife to get it perfectly smooth, and remove excess material. Use alcohol on the roller to allow it to roll smoothly. Once you have it smoothed and fit to your liking, allow it to dry.

At this point, you can cover most of the wear with the protector, or color paint to match.

For me, either way I go I will sand with 800 up to 2000. If the wear extends past the protector, a small patch of Mylar over the exposed repair (painted or not).

#7 6 months ago

I've heard that jb weld 2 component eopxy does a good job. Either way, fill it, sand it smooth and cover it with the cliff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Boards
PinSound
$ 109.99
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Machine - For Sale
Saint Petersburg, FL
£ 82.00
$ 28.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside