View topic image gallery

IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg
image.jpg
image-500.jpg
image-330.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from KenEberhardt:

Great mod!
Is this kit still being available somewhere?
Can't google my way to anyone selling

Sadly, no. There is a less expensive little mod that you can order but it is not really tied to the game the same way, and is highly DIY

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from KenEberhardt:

Thanks for quick reply - but very sad news
Any further info on the less expensive DIY mod? Better than the frozen Dalek I guess

Check Pinside shops, I believe it’s avaiLable in the market. The seller is in the UK. He does not really offer tons of support but it’s a fairly simple mod to install

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

There's plenty of videos out there. It's not so much how it's activated, it's what it looks like when it is activated. The original design by Pfutz took into account the slow/menacing nature of the Dalek in the design. The more current servo designs are quick, choppy, overshoot center and IMO just look like a toy.
faz

The original design is definitely superior - and the entire assembly is a big chunk of hardware - it’s too bad these are not produced any longer; even at $360 I think that’s a great investment. But the Pinballtoys one is good for what it is

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Probably a cyberman head would be more appropriate... but keeping with the continuity of the game The Master would be the ultimate. His TARDIS was just a column for most of the seasons... kinda boring. Although, his shrouded head (Star Wars 1977 Empire Master like) would be pretty awesome.
faz

Awesome idea!

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

A kit came up on eBay for the original motor based movement. Purchased and will install. I'll keep the Pinballtoys one too as I already built it. It was not installed as I ordered a slower servo unit and waiting for the servo unit to arrive. My thought is that the servo based one is good for home use only.

How much did you pay?

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

$362.00 Plus $20.00 shipping. Way higher than the Pinballtoys one!!

Actually I was gonna say that's an awesome deal! good for you

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballtoys:

Hi
you could partially install mine, in that way get the benefit of the 'breathing' lights in the head
cheers Bob

The “breathing” lights do really look awesome. FWIW when you install, make sure the led is not pushed right up against the plastic; if you do that it leads to a single bright spot instead of illuminating the whole dome thing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-moving-head-original-wobblehead-kit?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.