View topic image gallery

IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg
image.jpg
image-500.jpg
image-330.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jasonba.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 10 years ago

Count me in as well

#28 10 years ago

Just ordered my kit woohoo!

Thanks Al & Mark

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Totally chill out. It's my money and I'm telling you as someone who's already paid...take your time...don't kill yourself and get us all the quality product that we know will be produced.
Thanks again....and I'm still Excited
faz

Agreed, No need to rush

#51 10 years ago

me too

4 weeks later
#58 10 years ago

Anyone know the postage time to Australia. My Paypal notification says it was posted September 17, but it hasn't arrived yet. I had another package arrive already that was sent after this one.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

I received my kit about 3 weeks ago..plugged it in to try it out and it works great.
I am going to strip and clean the pf so I will fit it up then
Great quality workmanship in it's construction

Thought mine would have arrived by now, but still waiting

#64 10 years ago

I was under the impression that mine had been sent as I had notification from paypal that the status had been changed to "Posted". If that is incorrect and it is still being made thats ok but if it was sent and hasn't arrived, hopefully it hasn't been lost in the post.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

I don't think Paypal is linked to shipping on this. Posted is another term for payment complete. I think you're fine.

Yeah I rechecked the email and it says 'Postage status - In process'. I've probably interpreted this wrong, might just be Mark's way of saying payment received.

I'm sure it will arrive in due time.

1 week later
#78 10 years ago

I was in the 4-6 week group too but still waiting. Someone else from Australia posted earlier on in the thread that they got theirs weeks ago which made me wonder why mine hadn't arrived yet.

I understand that it takes time to make these components but an update on whats happening would put people at ease

#97 10 years ago

Thanks for the updates Al, It's nice to know what the delay is and the fact that mark is sorting it out proves that he wants to deliver the best quality he can.

#98 10 years ago

Ok, Just got an email from paypal with a shipping update, it now says 'Sent'. It also has a tracking number so I guess it is now on it's way. Maybe the other guys that are waiting will get this update as well.

1 week later
#102 10 years ago

kit arrived today, Now to install it

#104 10 years ago

Started to put it together today. My main trouble at the moment is the shape of the internal moulding (on the dalek body) is preventing it from sitting inside it further. After some persevering I think I've got the gap not too bad although the head is sitting a little too far forward and when I sit it in place, the dome doesn't quite fit in it's correct position as the eye stick of the Dalek sticks out too far.

IMG_0104.jpgIMG_0104.jpg IMG_0105.jpgIMG_0105.jpg IMG_0106.jpgIMG_0106.jpg

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

It looks to me like your Dalek is a little deformed. The side view shows it is pointing down a bit. This is what I was talking about that time changes these things. I would move the light board up a bit so that the clear dome is flush with the front. I don't want to tell you that you should use some heat to try and fix the body because it could make it worse. I have done that before though. Also, use a Dremel sanding tool and grind down the lip. You should be able to get the head and body closer to each other even if the body isn't bolted to the mech (with the top nut).
As I say in the Documentation - This part really takes time.
-Al-

Yeah I think it is a lot outta shape as I had quite a bit of trouble even getting it to this point. It doesn't even really fit the mounting bolts on the base plate, the back two are ok but the front two are way off. I got the front two in by loosening them so they could go in at an angle. It took a lot of jiggling and twisting to even get the the assembly inside the Dalek body.

In regard to the dome not fitting correctly, it's not the light board in the way, it's the eye pointer thingy of the Dalek sticks out too far and the dome actually overhangs the edge of the backbox. Earlier in the thread Shimoda posted about the same issue with his, I think he said he had to extend the hole that the motor fits into to make it fit.

I'll get the Dremel out and make a few adjustments and see if I can get it to fit better.

Thanks for the advice guys

#112 10 years ago

Ok, I ground down the lip quite a bit to get a bit more clearance and that helped it fit the base plate a bit better. I have managed to get the head & body looking a bit more even (I think) with about the same gap, which I am ok with. Tilting the mechanism backwards only made the gap at the front worse as the body is already tilting forward.

I still have the issue of the stalk preventing the dome being installed correctly, so I am going to have to extend the hole that the motor sits in to be able to shift the whole thing backwards.

I decided to connect everything up and test it, so in test mode all was good but when I exited back to attract mode, the motor runs continuously, started a game and the motor still continues to run. Any suggestions on how I solve this?

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

This was resolved via e-mails from Mark and Jasonba. The opto flag needed a little adjustment. All resolved.

Thanks for posting the update Al, I just need to mount it all properly now and I will post some pics when I'm done.

By the way Mark was very helpful and quick to respond.

Jason

#123 10 years ago

Posted a video on you tube, left the dome off just to show it better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 110.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 40.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jasonba.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-moving-head-original-wobblehead-kit?tu=Jasonba and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.