It took almost a year to get the Basementarcade kit to the point of production. It was almost 20 years ago and we noticed even then that not all Dalek heads were the same. Sitting in warehouses and other conditions made the dimensions slightly change. Original Bally heads had a pretty big gap between the head and the body. Mark wanted that gone. So he designed it to be adjustable. He also designed and built all of the wiring harness connectors so there would be no wire splicing. It was a huge engineering feat. Unfortunately, it’s a slow process and he’s a one man shop.
My part in the deal was beta tester and documentation. I also did the initial marketing because Mark was better known at the time for Arcade Video Games.
If a bunch of people want kits (~10), I’ll ask him to make more. There are a lot of steps to produce and costly materials in them.