View topic image gallery

IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg
image.jpg
image-500.jpg
image-330.jpg
image.jpg
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago

me too

#52 10 years ago

Received my kit today, looks top notch, can't wait to get it installed!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Received my kit today, looks top notch, can't wait to get it installed!

Very Cool! Please update us on how it goes and remember, setting the gap between the head of the Dalek and the Body is very time consuming. It may seem impossible, but eventually, it looks awesome.

Also, Mark likes to get people their stuff as soon as he can. He just puts in lead time in case of life happening. It's possible that others will get kits sooner than the 6 or 8 weeks, he just doesn't want to run into trouble and make anyone wait longer than anticipated. We HAVE been selling these off and on for 11 years!

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Very Cool! Please update us on how it goes and remember, setting the gap between the head of the Dalek and the Body is very time consuming. It may seem impossible, but eventually, it looks awesome.
Also, Mark likes to get people their stuff as soon as he can. He just puts in lead time in case of life happening. It's possible that others will get kits sooner than the 6 or 8 weeks, he just doesn't want to run into trouble and make anyone wait longer than anticipated. We HAVE been selling these off and on for 11 years!

Having seen yours in action I know it does. I'll get pics but now I have to order the damn security torx bit from Harbor Freight. To think I drove by one a week ago and couldn't remember what I needed to buy! (not including a cart for moving pins). Now to figure out how to fit 5 pins, when I get a fifth, into room for four!

3 weeks later
#55 10 years ago

Thanks for everyone's patience that ordered. Parts are being made. Mark said he needs parts for 12 units and these are pictures of stuff he's doing.

image-330.jpgimage-330.jpg image-500.jpgimage-500.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#56 10 years ago

Sweet! Love seeing stuff being made for some reason.

Hopefully when (or if) another batch is made, I will be getting in

#57 10 years ago

Hoping to install mine next week. Just want a few hours free to get it right.

#58 10 years ago

Anyone know the postage time to Australia. My Paypal notification says it was posted September 17, but it hasn't arrived yet. I had another package arrive already that was sent after this one.

#59 10 years ago

Al, let me thank you and Mark making this happen once again. It is great to see the "behind the scenes" images as well!

Brad

#60 10 years ago

I received my kit about 3 weeks ago..plugged it in to try it out and it works great.

I am going to strip and clean the pf so I will fit it up then

Great quality workmanship in it's construction

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

I received my kit about 3 weeks ago..plugged it in to try it out and it works great.
I am going to strip and clean the pf so I will fit it up then
Great quality workmanship in it's construction

Thought mine would have arrived by now, but still waiting

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Unfortunately some key components like circuit boards are out so any new orders will be delayed until Mark can make new ones (yes, he builds them by hand as well with copper clad etching and C&C drilling). This is where the delay for new devices is coming from.

I'm sure that after 8 weeks of doing this, he's gonna be tired. Anyway, if he has your money, you'll get a kit, if you want one - PM me really soon. I'm sure he's going to stop taking orders because he won't be able to deliver many more.

Thanks Everyone!

In Al's previous post he stated that Mark is 8 weeks out on this project because of the massive response. That was 1 month ago. Roughly 4 weeks.
~ Just in case you missed it.
I'm waiting too, I ordered on the 15th.... but I think this was spelled out pretty clearly.
Thanks for keeping us updated Al!

#64 10 years ago

I was under the impression that mine had been sent as I had notification from paypal that the status had been changed to "Posted". If that is incorrect and it is still being made thats ok but if it was sent and hasn't arrived, hopefully it hasn't been lost in the post.

#65 10 years ago

I don't think Paypal is linked to shipping on this. Posted is another term for payment complete. I think you're fine.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

I don't think Paypal is linked to shipping on this. Posted is another term for payment complete. I think you're fine.

Yeah I rechecked the email and it says 'Postage status - In process'. I've probably interpreted this wrong, might just be Mark's way of saying payment received.

I'm sure it will arrive in due time.

#67 10 years ago

Mark posted this today on FB. He said his program on the C&C had problems and hadn't run this program in years. I'm sure he's past it now.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#68 10 years ago

Getting excited. I was in the 4-6 weeks lead time and the lead time of 6 weeks is Friday. I should have a moving head by the end of the weekend!

#69 10 years ago

OK, starting to wonder about the seller now. I ordered in the time frame that I was quoted 4-6 weeks. 6 weeks was weds. I was told the 6 was in-case there were problems. I have gotten no notice of shipment, no notice of an unusual delay. You would think that one should get an email or something being that payment was in advance. I really hope to hear from this basement arcade soon, as the product should have been in my hands by now. I really don't think it is too much to ask for 3 min to send out an email when you are not delivering a product in the quoted time frame that was paid for 6 weeks ago. At this point I am quite disappointed!

#70 10 years ago

I'm sure you'll get your kit and when you do you'll be happy with the quality. Sorry to hear you haven't had updates though.

#71 10 years ago

I placed my order within hours of the announcement and I'm not worried.

I 100% trust Al as he has a huge positive influence in the hobby and a great reputation. I talked with Al at Expo... Al says Mark is 'ok' which means I 100% trust Mark.

We're not talking about integrating parts from Home Depot. Mark must fabricate all the parts, boards and wiring by hand. If I were him, I would be going through the process in layers, doing all 15 devices in stages; complete an assembly for all 15 and test...then the next stage. This means, we will all probably get our toppers about the same time.

Cut the guy a little slack. If you had to make this yourself it would take months and probably insanely more expensive, unless you have a CNC.

Mark, thanks again for doing this!
faz

#72 10 years ago

Got mine installed. Definitely took some time but it works great!

Just want to thank Al and Mark D for making this happen. Bit of a costly mod, the first I've done to this machine, but not the last. More news to come...

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Got mine installed. Definitely took some time but it works great!

NICE!
faz

#74 10 years ago

Fair enough......I have had no prior experience with them. I guess I just need to hang loose until I do. It would be nice if he could just post 2 or 3 weeks behind or something so I am not looking for a box every day when I get home!

#75 10 years ago

One thing I will mention is fit. Everything was fine until I went to put the cover on, cone butts up against the front of the dome. I'll have to find a way to modify the mounting position to move it back. I also may shave off the edge that sticks up from the body keeping the unit's head from sitting closer to the body. Just lets light through and looks not so good. Works great though.

#76 10 years ago

I love this mod. Just wish I could find a DW to put one in!

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

One thing I will mention is fit. Everything was fine until I went to put the cover on, cone butts up against the front of the dome. I'll have to find a way to modify the mounting position to move it back. I also may shave off the edge that sticks up from the body keeping the unit's head from sitting closer to the body. Just lets light through and looks not so good. Works great though.

Yikes......I hope mine fits better (sorry)......did you get notice of it shipping or did it just show up?

#78 10 years ago

I was in the 4-6 week group too but still waiting. Someone else from Australia posted earlier on in the thread that they got theirs weeks ago which made me wonder why mine hadn't arrived yet.

I understand that it takes time to make these components but an update on whats happening would put people at ease

#79 10 years ago

I had actually requested one a few months back and mark found enough parts with a little work to make one up. I paid just a few days before the announcement was made that another run would be done. Don't remember about shipping though I think I did get a notice. I waited a few weeks but it was okay. I'll have to widen the entrance hole to move the base. Not excited about it but I already cut a bit of the dalek base at front off to keep it from touching the lights. It is, after all, a mod.

#80 10 years ago

For those who are waiting...it takes a while to build it...it is a pretty trick piece of gear

As for Paypal and shipping....I never believe what it tells me

Be patient it will arrive....Mark builds a great wobblehead

#81 10 years ago

I would be in for one as I just bought a Dr. Who! That's if I am not to late to get on the list?

#82 10 years ago

I guess go ahead and add me to the list. I'm in no hurry though.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

For those who are waiting...it takes a while to build it...it is a pretty trick piece of gear
As for Paypal and shipping....I never believe what it tells me
Be patient it will arrive....Mark builds a great wobblehead

It will give an update if the seller updates it. ETA / note is not unreasonable to expect. If it were a deposit or just a list I can see not bothering to keep the customer informed about being late. Payment was required up front. The product is late. I can't help but suspect the product would not be late / more effort put into informing the customer if it were a deposit. I realize it takes time. That is why we were told it would be 4-6 weeks after payment for delivery. It was also stated that it would likely be sooner but extra time was factored in for problems. I really hope the thing fits right now also with the dome. For the price and time to wait I should not have to hack stuff up to make the dome fit on the machine like Shimoda did. The original design of the machine had the motor in it.

Quoted from awarner:

I ordered before he changed things to 6-8 which I understood as the extra orders would be 6-8. I do realize shit happens, but an update is not unreasonable.

#84 10 years ago

All daleks were a bit different but I doubt too different. The location of the motor pushed the dalek about 1 inch forward. While I wish I had less modification to do, I'm glad an option was available. My first real mod and yeah it was expensive. I'm not happy about expanding the hold atop the box but it really isn't a big deal. I do wish the design had been a bit smaller to allow the dalek to sit flat on the head but it is what it is. You can't tell when you look up at the topper that it sits high because it is still below the decals.

#85 10 years ago

I'll ping Mark tonight for an update. Sorry for the delay to people who ordered. He's just one guy making them in his spare time. He's usually good with deadlines though. I'll post when I know something!

#86 10 years ago

Curious Al, did you have to modify the hole the motor went in to keep the dalek far back enough to clear the dome?

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

All daleks were a bit different but I doubt too different. The location of the motor pushed the dalek about 1 inch forward. While I wish I had less modification to do, I'm glad an option was available. My first real mod and yeah it was expensive. I'm not happy about expanding the hold atop the box but it really isn't a big deal. I do wish the design had been a bit smaller to allow the dalek to sit flat on the head but it is what it is. You can't tell when you look up at the topper that it sits high because it is still below the decals.

It's true that it sits higher, but you wouldn't believe the differences in the heads. This is due to where they have been stored and all kinds of environmental changes. Plastic really does change with time. I have two different heads and there was about a 1/2" difference in height! Shaving the lip between the two parts allows you to get them closer to each other. Also, take a look at an original motor (from the factory) the gap is usually 1/2" or more. They change that much over time. And they can't be adjusted.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Curious Al, did you have to modify the hole the motor went in to keep the dalek far back enough to clear the dome?

No, I did not, but I think I moved the light board.

-Al-

#89 10 years ago

I just got a text message from Mark. 10 of the 16 motors he bought are pulling too many amps and are running slow and overheating. He has contacted the manufacturer and is awaiting a reply. Still awaiting an estimate on how this will affect delivery.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I just got a text message from Mark. 10 of the 16 motors he bought are pulling too many amps and are running slow and overheating. He has contacted the manufacturer and is awaiting a reply. Still awaiting an estimate on how this will affect delivery.

Thank you! Update will keep me a happy camper for at least a couple of weeks. Sourced parts failed QC! That is a great answer. I feel better myself now and hope others do also. Other than cliffies, LEDs and plastic protectors, this is my first MOD. I had to pick this or the color DMD for STTNG. My money went to this and color DMD will have to come later!
Thanks again for the update!

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

It will give an update if the seller updates it. ETA / note is not unreasonable to expect. If it were a deposit or just a list I can see not bothering to keep the customer informed about being late. Payment was required up front. The product is late. I can't help but suspect the product would not be late / more effort put into informing the customer if it were a deposit. I realize it takes time. That is why we were told it would be 4-6 weeks after payment for delivery. It was also stated that it would likely be sooner but extra time was factored in for problems. I really hope the thing fits right now also with the dome. For the price and time to wait I should not have to hack stuff up to make the dome fit on the machine like Shimoda did. The original design of the machine had the motor in it.

I ordered before he changed things to 6-8 which I understood as the extra orders would be 6-8. I do realize shit happens, but an update is not unreasonable.

I agree about keeping you updated. I have been crazy busy with three other pinball related projects and Pinball Expo. I'll do better to keep everyone up to date although I only am coordinating the sale. I'll send anyone concerned Mark's e-mail address. We have been friends for 14 years and both of us have had websites for that amount of time. I can absolutely assure everyone that ordered a kit that they will receive one. The device is adjustable and it can take a long time get it right with your Dalek. I state that in the manual. I got a smaller gap by cutting the lip between the top and bottom. Also, there have been over 150 of them a never a return. We'll of course return anyone's money that wants it back. Just go to basementarcade.com and alsarcade.com to see how long we have been in the hobby (and never left it). PM me directly with any concerns and I will answer them. The concerns with fit are due to the fact that we made this one adjustable and the original is not. You can get the gap a lot closer on this unit than you ever could on the original but it does sit up a bit higher. Once the cover is on, it's no big deal.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Thank you! Update will keep me a happy camper for at least a couple of weeks. Sourced parts failed QC! That is a great answer. I feel better myself now and hope others do also. Other than cliffies, LEDs and plastic protectors, this is my first MOD. I had to pick this or the color DMD for STTNG. My money went to this and color DMD will have to come later!
Thanks again for the update!

Oh, and I'm a BIG supported of the ColorDMD! I had one of the first production units and we reviewed it in our last video (pinsandvids.com). You'll love it as well! You're buying good mods for sure!

#93 10 years ago

Latest status from Mark:

I'm going to disassemble the bad motors tonight, re assemble on the good ones, re test and pack. Should be able to get some out this week. Will be shipping as they came in.... first in....first out.

#94 10 years ago

When I see long posts like this, it makes me wonder why some of these guys even do what they do for the hobby. This guy is making them in his spare time like most of the modders in the hobby. I don't think we can expect corporate levels of communication and on-time deliveries. Let's all take a step back and just figure something has come up and we will eventually get what we ordered.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Oh, and I'm a BIG supported of the ColorDMD! I had one of the first production units and we reviewed it in our last video (pinsandvids.com). You'll love it as well! You're buying good mods for sure!

Thanks again. With XMas coming, the color dmd will have to wait until late January I think. New Doctor Who episodes come the second week in November though!

#96 10 years ago

Al is a great guy and an asset to pinball. His was the first invite I got from a complete stranger to a complete stranger to come to his house and join in on playing machines I had never seen. I won't have the same collection but can't wait to host a league night to repay the favor.

#97 10 years ago

Thanks for the updates Al, It's nice to know what the delay is and the fact that mark is sorting it out proves that he wants to deliver the best quality he can.

#98 10 years ago

Ok, Just got an email from paypal with a shipping update, it now says 'Sent'. It also has a tracking number so I guess it is now on it's way. Maybe the other guys that are waiting will get this update as well.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from Jasonba:

Ok, Just got an email from paypal with a shipping update, it now says 'Sent'. It also has a tracking number so I guess it is now on it's way. Maybe the other guys that are waiting will get this update as well.

Yes, Mark confirmed that 5 units went out on Tuesday. More will follow.

#100 10 years ago

Yup, I got my shipping tracking number.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
£ 110.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-moving-head-original-wobblehead-kit/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.