View topic image gallery

IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg
image.jpg
image-500.jpg
image-330.jpg
image.jpg
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

The original Wobble Head kit that was sold through basementarcade.com and pinballobsessions.com will be available in a limited run. The cost will be $349.00 plus shipping and will include everything you need to install the mechanism in to your machine. Your machine must have a stationary Dalek topper to install this kit (we don't provide the Dalek). The manual for install is at:

http://pinballobsession.com/PDFs/Wobble10a.pdf

Respond to this thread to show us your interest as we're still making parts and we want to be sure not to make too many/few and go beyond expectations.

PM me with any questions and remember that this is the kit that is actually controlled by the game. It will even test perfectly in the machine's built-in self test.

Thanks,

Al Warner

#2 10 years ago

I'm in. Please let us know how to get the deposit to you.

Thanks so much for doing this again!

faz

#3 10 years ago

Oh crap. Mark me as interested, because even if I pass, I have a friend that has a DW...I will ask him if he IS interested, and get back to you tonight...

*edit* That was fast. He's in. So definitely one for me.

#4 10 years ago

I'm also interested but will have to sell it to the wife. I bought a used "other" version and it SUCKS!
So I guess I'm a maybe till I can confirm.

Brian

#5 10 years ago

Great product highly recommended.

#6 10 years ago

I am interested.

#7 10 years ago

I'm in.

#8 10 years ago

You know - I felt really bad that people bought the other kit. I knew that a servo couldn't replicate what a real motor could and that there was no intelligence running the device. Unfortunately, the price was lower than ours (initially) and he had actually stolen our name of Wobblehead and used it as a domain name. Sucked. No matter what you say, it looks like you're a bad guy when stuff like this happens so we stopped making them after we ran out of parts.

People still want the original and it's a well made (OK, over well made) product. I have the first production unit on my machine and it's 13 years old! It works great. Also, I don't make anything from these so this is just helping a friend sell them. He is a very good friend and has been for a very long time.

We've never had a return so I'm sure everyone will be happy.

#9 10 years ago

I'm waiting on mine and am excited, previous reviews are great and seeing yours Al made me want one more.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

We've never had a return so I'm sure everyone will be happy.

Can vouch for quality, have one of their Earthshaker sinking building kits installed and it's VERY nicely built and documented. Recently picked up a sweet Dr. Who and if I had any extra money right now, this is where it would be going. (Been wanting a wobblehead bad, but rotten timing $ wise )

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Can vouch for quality, have one of their Earthshaker sinking building kits installed and it's VERY nicely built and documented. Recently picked up a sweet Dr. Who and if I had any extra money right now, this is where it would be going. (Been wanting a wobblehead bad, but rotten timing $ wise )

The deposit is only 100 now. You can save up till they are ready. :^)

#13 10 years ago

That looks GREAT!
If I owned a Dr? I would have to mod this. Dalek rules the galaxy.

#14 10 years ago

Im in definitely! My servo kit literately started having seizures and I had to disconnect it.

#15 10 years ago

I'm in

#16 10 years ago

I got a PM from Mark last night and I think we're not going to do the deposits. I'll call him over the weekend to work out what we're doing. He did mention that we'll be shipping within a month.

#17 10 years ago

Nice to see you doing another run. I got mine 3-4 years back on one of your previous runs and it operates as well today as the day that I installed it!

Moving Dalek rules!

#18 10 years ago

Al,

Please put me down on the list. Thank you and Mark for doing this once again for both the pinheads and Whovians in the universe!

Brad

#19 10 years ago

Put me down for one.

#20 10 years ago

I think it is great that both your page documenting Project Wobble Head and Pftuz's Moving Dalek Head page are still out on the web. I imagine most have seen them, but if not here they are:

http://www.alsarcade.com/dwhead/
http://home.comcast.net/~pfutz/WmsDoctorWhoMovingDalekHead/index.html

I have viewed them a number of times over the past 12+ years!

Brad

#21 10 years ago

I happen to be buying a Doctor Who from a friend next week. I think this would be perfect for it. Put me in for one.

#22 10 years ago

I am interested.

#23 10 years ago

Count me in as well

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

You know - I felt really bad that people bought the other kit. I knew that a servo couldn't replicate what a real motor could and that there was no intelligence running the device. Unfortunately, the price was lower than ours (initially) and he had actually stolen our name of Wobblehead and used it as a domain name. Sucked.

I bought the one from a couple years ago. I didn't know it was a stolen design, but after waiting for the other one I heard was going to happen and hadn't for years, at $120, I thought it was great.

Still running strong now, and super glad I bought it then for what I paid. I believe they offered a lifetime warranty and are still honoring that as far as I was aware.

If they did in fact steal your design, that is unfortunate, but I don't recall that coming up in any threads at the time. Are they owned by Gary Stern by chance (ZING!)? What did they steal exactly, the idea, or is the board a copy?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I bought the one from a couple years ago. I didn't know it was a stolen design, but after waiting for the other one I heard was going to happen and hadn't for years, at $120, I thought it was great.
Still running strong now, and super glad I bought it then for what I paid. I believe they offered a lifetime warranty and are still honoring that as far as I was aware.
If they did in fact steal your design, that is unfortunate, but I don't recall that coming up in any threads at the time. Are they owned by Gary Stern by chance (ZING!)? What did they steal exactly, the idea, or is the board a copy?

No, they didn't copy us, they re-designed it and the cost to manufacture was a LOT lower than ours. I wouldn't have cared about it if they hadn't stolen our product name. We started calling ours Wobble Head and they bought Wobblehead.com and sold theirs from that site.

It was cheaper because it cost a LOT less to make and they didn't duplicate the original motor like we did, they used a servo that jerks the head back and forth and is controlled by the light coming on. Ours uses a real motor, is controlled by the game software, and our lifetime warranty is from people who have been making these units for over 10 years.

Head on over to http://wobblehead.com and see what they will do for you (the domain has been re-purposed by different people).

Also, we designed it to work with different size heads because we found that the plastic has changed over the years. And it's true, we do take a long time to make them. There is one guy doing it. We even make our own circuit boards and wiring harnesses. It's truly a hand-made device.

#26 10 years ago

I have written everyone that PMd me about obtaining a kit from the next run. If you didn't PM me, please do so.

Thanks,

-Al-

#27 10 years ago

I think I have written everyone that responded to this thread or via PM. If not, or if you want to get in, PM me. Time is limited.

Thanks,

-Al-

#28 10 years ago

Just ordered my kit woohoo!

Thanks Al & Mark

#29 10 years ago

I want to get in for one. Will send PayPal tomorrow.

#30 10 years ago

Payment sent!!!!

#31 10 years ago

Count me in.....what do I need to do

#32 10 years ago

PMs sent to boo32 and dsuperbee.

#33 10 years ago

Order Paid for.........Exterminate! Exterminate!
Thank you!

#34 10 years ago

I am in... Sent you a pm

#35 10 years ago

I'm in - please PM and I will send payment.

#36 10 years ago

Just to publicly document this:

This run is open to orders over this week. The devices are $300 plus shipping. The devices will be assembled and tested and delivered in 4-6 weeks. To order one, send me a PM and I'll send you a link.

Thanks!

#37 10 years ago

Mark called in a panic tonight. He's at capacity for 4-6 weeks. Any additional orders are 8 weeks out. PM me for details.

#38 10 years ago

Just picked up a Dr Who. Please put me down for one of these kits!

Thanks,
Dave (Doc)

Quoted from awarner:

The original Wobble Head kit that was sold through basementarcade.com and pinballobsessions.com will be available in a limited run. The cost will be $299.00 plus shipping and will include everything you need to install the mechanism in to your machine. Your machine must have a stationary Dalek topper to install this kit (we don't provide the Dalek). Our thinking is that we will take $100.00 deposits for units and will give buyers a planned ship date. We'll inform the buyers to pay the balance and we'll ship. We're doing this to offset the cost of the motors we're using in the units. The manual for install is at:
http://pinballobsession.com/PDFs/Wobble10a.pdf
Respond to this thread to show us your interest as we're still making parts and we want to be sure not to make too many/few and go beyond expectations.
PM me with any questions and remember that this is the kit that is actually controlled by the game. It will even test perfectly in the machine's built-in self test.
Thanks,
Al Warner

#39 10 years ago

Thanks to everyone that purchased the kits. The response was overwhelming - like REALLY overwhelming. Mark has or has ordered what he needs to fulfill the existing orders and will be completing devices and shipping as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately some key components like circuit boards are out so any new orders will be delayed until Mark can make new ones (yes, he builds them by hand as well with copper clad etching and C&C drilling). This is where the delay for new devices is coming from.

I'm sure that after 8 weeks of doing this, he's gonna be tired. Anyway, if he has your money, you'll get a kit, if you want one - PM me really soon. I'm sure he's going to stop taking orders because he won't be able to deliver many more.

Thanks Everyone!

#40 10 years ago

Thanks for doing these.

#41 10 years ago

Getting Excited!!!

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Getting Excited!!!

A little early - We ARE 4-6 weeks out! Mark wants to finish faster, but reality sets in and it still takes forever to do some of the parts. I've never known him to miss a deadline though. We've been friends for about 16 years now.

#43 10 years ago

Tell him to take his time and not stress out.. I'm sure everyone that's been able to order one is thrilled that they're even going to be available. If I had the cash to spare I would order one just to hoard it.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Tell him to take his time and not stress out.. I'm sure everyone that's been able to order one is thrilled that they're even going to be available.

+1

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

A little early - We ARE 4-6 weeks out! Mark wants to finish faster, but reality sets in and it still takes forever to do some of the parts. I've never known him to miss a deadline though. We've been friends for about 16 years now.

I don't care if it runs late....I'm just excited about getting this. This has been something that I've wanted for at least 5 years. I kept telling myself I was going to make my own; save money and have fun making. The parts are fairly well documented and with a bit of trial and error I felt I could fabricate the pieces. About 6 months ago I came to the conclusion that I will never get the time and I'm going to be playing. All the sudden, the $300 seemed trivial and now it's real!

Totally chill out. It's my money and I'm telling you as someone who's already paid...take your time...don't kill yourself and get us all the quality product that we know will be produced.

Thanks again....and I'm still Excited

faz

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Totally chill out. It's my money and I'm telling you as someone who's already paid...take your time...don't kill yourself and get us all the quality product that we know will be produced.
Thanks again....and I'm still Excited
faz

Agreed, No need to rush

#47 10 years ago

Mark is cool with it. He's very meticulous. When you guys get the kit, look at the details like how the cables are assembled. The connectors he designed are built by combining multiple connectors and soldering every pin. You can't buy them from Mouser, but they allow you to splice wires into the game without changing existing wiring. And the price didn't go up despite the fact that motors now cost 18% more than they did 2 weeks ago.

Plus, feel free to visit his web page at http://www.basementarcade.com - he and I have been collecting games for about the same amount of time. The auction results pages from 10 years ago will make you sad!

#48 10 years ago

Wow, he is either really ahead in production or shipment is a long long process I just got a paypal update saying shipment is now in progress! *cheer*

#49 10 years ago

I just got the same notification.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 110.00
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-moving-head-original-wobblehead-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.