• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by arolden
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi people,

Recently, my Doctor Who machine quit raising and/or lowering the mini playfield at all. It doesn't do it at start-up, not during the game, and all tests throw errors.

I've tried connecting a 9V battery to the motor, and then it turns just fine, so I'm thinking it's something preventing the motor from activating at all. Any hints as to where I should start my search?

#2 6 years ago

Run a full test of everything: Switch, Lamps, flashers, solenoids, etc. This could be a symptom of a bigger issue.

Check to see if power is coming off of the bi-directional board... the connector to the motor is famous for causing a break.

Run a continuity test (power off) from the bi-directional board along both wires to the motor. Test to the lug not to the solder joint because the solder point my be flawed.

To test the power out of the bi-directional board (power on) put the probes of my DMM into the machine side of the connector to see the signals coming from the board... I'm just reading the voltage here. The motor is NOT in circuit at all.

The issue could be more complex, but let's hope for simple. Broken wire, bad connector.

faz

#3 6 years ago

If power is coming from the motor driver board, make sure the wires are soldered securely to the motor lugs, and that the connector between the motor driver board and the motor lugs is making good contact.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 110.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-mini-playfield-wont-move-at-all and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.