(Topic ID: 61515)

Doctor Who Mini-Playfield questions

By Goner

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Have a couple of questions about the Doctor Who Mini-Playfield (MPF). Are the wires leading to the MPF motor supposed to have connectors? I got tired of unsoldering and soldering the wires and added a connector, so I could easily remove the MPF from the machine to work on. Has the grease on everyone's MPF become useless too? It took a screwdriver, mean green, scotch brite pad and a lot of rags to remove the old grease. I plan to use silicone lube when I put it back together. I tested the motor with a 12volt battery and it worked in both directions. Hopefully, with new lube it will move freely enough to work again. Got to order some Cliffy protectors before I put the MPF back in.

#2 10 years ago

All the wires going to the MPF should have connectors.

#3 10 years ago

All wires should have connectors as stated.

The grease is terrible. I soaked my metal parts in alcohol for a day, then a wire brush to the grease/metal, and used a small amount of teflon lube. I also replaced the roller bearings, and sanded where they ride smooth.

It was not too bad of a project, and the re-assembly is going smoothly. The hardest part for me was dimpling the new repro PF. I measure everything out about a dozen times before the dimpling. Everything fit well in the end!

#4 10 years ago

After cleaning mine I used garage door silicone spray (a very small amount) and it works beautifully.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 110.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-mini-playfield-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.