Looking for some help / ideas on my DW mini PF.
When I got my dr who, the mini playfield was inop. I did lots of troubleshooting and fixing (both by my own hand and vendors here).
Huge progress: in the mini pf test, the pf now raises and lowers, but will not stop in the half or full raised position. When I start a new game the PF will just cycle up and down 3 ish times and then stop in the lowest position.
Also, none of the 5-opto targets are registering in the switch edge test.
Here’s more info:
- Power supply board and 10 opto board were repaired by Clive @ coin op cauldron. Lots of work done to both but they should be 100% now.
- cpu board is a rotten dog replacement.
- motor driver board is new, pindorabox.
- I rebuilt the mini playfield using faz white paper, using the black 3D printed carrier, pindorabox opto boards, and I also replaced all the single opto tx/rx pairs with new optos from Marco.
- in switch test, the 2 mini PF ball lock optos and the bottommost opto that the cam wheel is supposed to trigger, will trigger. I haven’t tested any of the others (yet).
- all the lamps are working on the mini PF.
I’ll continue poking around but anyone that can give direction or ideas on what to test next, I’d love to hear it! I’m close!!