Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by pinball_faz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 days ago

My dr who mini play doesn't move in play or test mode. I get voltage on the motor on all the ccw and cw tests so I believe its the motor or gearbox or both. I can move the miniplayfield up and down by hand with some strength, does this mean the gearbox is stuffed. If it isn't I'ld like to buy a new 20V DC motor online but I have no idea of the RPM, torque or current. I emailed twice MultiProducts that built the gearboxes for Bally/Williams and they will not send me a reply (probably because I'am not a business). Also how do I unscrew the motor from the gearbox, its not as simple as my Indiana jones. Any info will be much appreciated.

#3 11 days ago

I would start with the bi directional board. There is a capacitor on there that likes to leak, and take out the trace below it.

#4 11 days ago

I started with the bi directional board and checked with my DMM and get +20v to -20v from the motor jumper with all cw & ccw tests as with the pins on the motor itself.

#5 11 days ago

I'm unclear if your motor is working at all. It sounds like you pulled the MPF... pull out the motor/gearbox then pull the motor off the assembly.
Plug the motor in the connector to check the motor. I really doubt the motor is burned out; it really does not get that kind of abuse.

faz

#6 11 days ago

Its the gearbox i'm most worried about, they cost over $200 here in Aus. I read somewhere that if I can move the cam wheel, which happens when I move the mpf up of down by hand (I haven't taken the mpf out yet), then my gearbox is stuffed. I would like a second opinion.

#7 11 days ago

Assuming "stuffed"=="not awesome"... and yea, probably is.

I'd be happy to do a Facetime/Tango chat if you want to talk through it?
faz

EDIT: Isn't it 3:00am in AUS?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside