New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 271616)

Doctor Who: Mini Playfield Front/Back Wobble

By nTronz

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Rdeyo57
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

I'm having an issue with my Mini Playfield. (of course)

As of yesterday the front left of the mini-playfield just grazes the normal playfield. The right side has a proper gap, albeit narrow. There is a far amount of front and back wobble to the whole mech. I'm trying to narrow down where specifically to look to reduce that wobble and keep it solid. Note, in the image the screw on the bracket is missing. Even when it is in, i get that wobble. It isn't coming from the bracket.

If anyone has any suggestions, i'd really appreciate it!

Link to video of the issue:

#2 3 months ago

They all wobble front to back a little.

#3 3 months ago

The issue is that it isn't clearing the playfield when it comes back down (Especially the top play field with the locks) I'm getting the front left caught as it is trying to come down (by a few mm) It was doing fine before that.

#4 3 months ago

Put it in test and take a video while it goes up and down. I can't tell what the gameplay impacts would be.

For the video have it go up/down at least 3-4 full cycles. Try to get the test screen in the shot so we can see the diagnostics on the test screen.

faz

#5 3 months ago

looks to me like you have to much play in the bushing.

#6 3 months ago

Here is two things to think about if you own a doctor who.

Faz has an excellent write up on everything you need to know about the mini playfield . https://sites.google.com/site/pinballfaz/

also would suggest getting on Darkpinball's waiting list for his Doctor who smooth lifter kit:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-doctor-who-mpf-elevator-2nd-mod

I have 2 doctor whos that ive put the kits in and they are awesome ! Its like night and day. but there is a awaiting list (or was anyway) so while this wont solve your problem today its a good thing to get on the list so that you can get a kit and shouldn't have to worry about those brackets anymore !

If your brackets are shot I have two sets that weren't to bad of shape.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 109.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside