(Topic ID: 263981)

Doctor who has no sound

By acmeman

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

That's about it. The power driver board was replaced and when I turned it on afterwards the sound didn't work. I'm new to the sport I reseated all the cables but that didn't change anything.

Pulled the soundboard and I'd love to know if anyone has thoughts as to what might be happening and what I could do to fix it.

At least one of the capacitors on the board doesn't look all that healthy, but I'm not sure how to go about testing them or whether I should even bother and just replace them instead.

#2 4 years ago

start by replacing them, over 25 years old

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from acmeman:

That's about it. The power driver board was replaced and when I turned it on afterwards the sound didn't work. I'm new to the sport I reseated all the cables but that didn't change anything.
Pulled the soundboard and I'd love to know if anyone has thoughts as to what might be happening and what I could do to fix it.
At least one of the capacitors on the board doesn't look all that healthy, but I'm not sure how to go about testing them or whether I should even bother and just replace them instead.

Did you plug in all the connectors for the speakers? Sometimes it the easiest things that are overlooked

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 40.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 110.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-has-no-sound?hl=wdennie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.