Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jebinoh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have Dr Who which is giving me a "Upper Right Flipper" error on the test report. And of course no upper right flipper exist. The switch matrix is definitely showing it not being used and I see no option in the Utilities or Adjustment menus to tell the software it is not there.

I am not an expert at fixing non-EM pins so if anyone knows how to alleviate my problem, I would greatly appreciate the help.

#2 6 years ago

The flipper opto board on each side of the cabinet has two set of optos for lower and upper flippers. Even though the game doesn't have upper flippers the software is polling all the optos. The upper flipper optos are not seeing a change in state and is throwing the error. So either a bad connection, bad solder joint, bad opto or broken interrupter. Go into switch edge test and slowly push the flipper button, you should get lower then upper flipper switch change tones. If you don't get the opto to register, look at that opto or connections on that board.

1 week later
#3 6 years ago

Thanks schudel5 for the info. I did go to the switch test and everything tested OK. I think my next step is to swap the left and right board and see if it clears up or goes to the upper left flipper. That should tell me if I have to replace a 17$ board. If the problem persists, is there any other suggestions? Possible ROM error? (taking a stab at this)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

£ 110.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-flipper-error and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.