11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Rdeyo57
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201219_164527 (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

Doctor who sol/flasher 19 5x3 right Q38 works in test for about 10 minutes than it sticks on ? when I go through the flasher test mode the 5x3 right will light slightly as i test
    20-jet bumpers/Dr5- Q36,
    21-Repair/Dr4-28
    22-(H) Dr2-Q30
    23-(O) Dr6-Q34
    24-Escape/Dr1-Q32
    06-2nd chance logo flasher

once it lights the only way it goes out is unplug J 126 ?

testing the Q38 and Q 37 seems to test ok ?

I thought it might be heat related but I just turned it on after I typed this and its coming on right away so maybe its not that ?

the Tip102 Q38 was replaced its got a different c0505 number and the original are 9A222 ?

I have the J113 unplugged and that didn't make a difference either

any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks

#2 11 months ago

Replaced Q38 and U3 problem fixed

#3 10 months ago

Glad you got your issue fixed. It was a learning lesson for me. When I first read it, I admit to not knowing what language you were speaking. I went through my manual to look for similar letters and numbers. I found you were talking about a specific transistor Q38. I then went through the test pages to see what tests you were referencing. I was not able to see where on the play field a right 5x3 would be. I am assuming when a solenoid activates in a test or in the game, a light bulb (flasher) illuminates. I looked at the bulb sets. I saw two 6 bulb sets left and right. I saw the bulb set (red squares) that lights up in front of the MPF (is that a 5x3?). Sorry for the beginner questions.

3 weeks later
    #4 10 months ago

sorry I didn't see this until today. picture of the flaher I was talking about

20201219_164527 (resized).jpg
    #5 10 months ago

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside