Do your parents know the difference between a...

(Topic ID: 126851)

Do your parents know the difference between a...

By Star_Gazer

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

R+H.jpeg
    image.jpg
    1440_love_1016.jpg

#1 3 years ago

Do your parents know the difference between a pinball or a slot machine?
    I've explained it a couple of times but they still think my hobby is collecting slotmachines...

YES or NO ?

1440_love_1016.jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Yes.
    Because I keep all of them in their giant game room. lol

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I keep all of them in their giant game room

That might help!

#4 3 years ago

My parents know. My dad is the one who turned me one to pinball when I was in junior high! He's 81 and enjoys playing my pins when he visits!

#5 3 years ago

My 93 year old mother knows the difference but still considers pinball to be a gambling game. And she may be right....

#6 3 years ago

Yes. My late dad took me to Bally Manufacturing Corporation stockholder meetings starting in 1976. First one was at the CONtinental Plaza (Now the Westin Chicago, 909 N. Michigan Ave.) Grand Cotillion Ballroom in 1976. Those early meetings had slots, pins and the Bally Professional Arcade on display. The slots had security guards present to make sure no one under 21 played them and make sure they did not disappear as they were shipped under bond from Bally's Belmont plant to either Vegas or exported out of the country. The had the coin "gravy bowl" filled with the demo tokens. Unfortunately, I could only look at them.

OP; Bally Scandinavia was one of their major distributors of Bally Flipper Pins, Bingos and Slots.

#8 3 years ago

Yes.

#9 3 years ago

Yes, they taught me how to play.

#10 3 years ago

They would not care
    They think both pinball and slots are a waste of money

#11 3 years ago

my maternal grandfather owned and ran a "pool hall" with a back room you had to get "buzzed" into. they had everything that you could gamble with. my mom worked the front as a kid. pretty sure she could give you the payout odds difference between the two! lol

#12 3 years ago

Both my parents were gone before I got any.

#13 3 years ago

My mom has TAF, Flintstones, and Pinball Magic in her bedroom, and my dad financed most of my collection. So they know, although my mom was addicted to the slots the one trip I took them to Vegas.

#15 3 years ago

Yep.

My dad introduced me to pinball when I was a kid. He likes playing the Metallica game.

My mother's favorite game is Funhouse (she calls the game Bucko), and my grandmother (98, God bless her) likes Paragon and Joker Poker.

#16 3 years ago

I thought my parents knew the difference, but then a few weeks ago my Mum asked me "Oh, can you actually control which direction the ball goes when you hit it?". Apparently she thought the whole game was dictated by the plunge.

#17 3 years ago

Nice stories, keep them coming!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

and my dad financed most of my collection.

Ahhww...that is great!

#19 3 years ago

My mom loves pinball too. And yes she knows the difference between slots and pinball.

image.jpg
    #20 3 years ago

Yes, my mom enjoys playing. Dad, not so much, but he knows the difference.

#21 3 years ago

Yes, my dad has pinball machines in his home too and is the one who got me into pinball initially. He collected when I was in middle school, we went in several Saturday and Sunday trips to look at and purchase pins!

#22 3 years ago

my mom keeps yelling at me to sell some games. she never comes down to the game room except to see my little girls dance to the jukebox songs. my dad loves foosball so we play that when he comes over. he isn't into the vids or pins. they like going to AC and Vegas so they know I don't have any slot machines, just too many monstrosities that take up too much space

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Peppers:

My mom loves pinball too. And yes she knows the difference between slots and pinball.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Cute

#24 3 years ago

Enjoy your parents while you have them. I dream about mine at least once a week, which is as close as I can now get to seeing them.

#25 3 years ago

My mother-in-law (who is in her mid 80s) took a look at my machines and asked "where does the money come out?". After explaining to her they were pinball machine and her understanding that it didn't 'pay out money, she asked me "then what's the point?".

#26 3 years ago

I sold my mom's husband my DE Time Machine, so hopefully he was aware of what he spent that 1k on.

#27 3 years ago

So I go to take mom shopping and she asks if I had heard of Fireball or Addams Family. I'm like uh...ok. She watches too much TV.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So I go to take mom shopping and she asks if I had heard of Fireball or Addams Family. I'm like uh...ok. She watches too much TV.

Maybe.... Just maybe, she is hinting that you buy for her a really nice Addams Family.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

she is hinting that you buy for her a really nice Addams Family.

I doubt it. I think she is waiting for the next music pin.
    R+H.jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 18.95
    $ 35.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 224.99
    $ 34.50
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside