(Topic ID: 231922)

Do Your Grandkids Dig Your Pins?-With Poll

By wolverinetuner

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have your pins made you a popular grandparent?”

• Yes 80 votes
      50%
    • No 80 votes
      50%

(160 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240412_053616 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240412_053503 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8093 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8091 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20231019_184725_Messenger (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5567 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5565 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7737 (resized).jpeg
    Chutes (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1993.JPG (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-063818_Photos (resized).jpg
    50FE2905-2FA2-4C41-AEC1-3AA510357988 (resized).jpeg
    A7CDF466-EDEF-4A85-B136-56516A0CE6A8 (resized).jpeg
    girlies with Peppy (resized).png
    dining room (resized).jpeg
    DSC04277 (resized).JPG
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 5 years ago

Hey all you pinside grandparents! My wife and I will soon become grandparents for the first time, our daughter is expecting in June. I was wondering if my pins will make me a popular grampa or not so much. Have your pins made you a popular grandparent?

#2 5 years ago

Congratulations!

No grandkids that I am aware of/descended from me at this time. The pins have made me very popular with the nephews though. . .

#3 5 years ago

Thanks, TractorDoc.

I also just thought of a potential blood-line factor. Of our 4 kids, the mother-to-be plays my pins the most! Maybe the right gene will pass down!

#4 5 years ago

Any pinsider grandparents with experience out there?

#5 5 years ago

I'll echo TD a bit, except for me it's my nieces. They seem to enjoy playing when they visit.

#6 5 years ago

Bump post.

#7 5 years ago

I have 2 Grandkids. 10 and 12 years old. Yes they enjoy the pins. They also like the old arcade games. Right now they play Earthshaker the most.

#8 5 years ago

My 8 year old grandson rekindled my love of pinball
    last year when he said he wanted to go to Louisville
    arcade expo and he played for 4 hours straight. Sold
    most of my arcades and replaced them with pins and
    Even bought a Gotg pro. I have him to thank and it's
    something we share together.

20181209_144546_HDR (resized).jpg20181209_144546_HDR (resized).jpg
    #9 5 years ago

I had this picture of grandkids jumping with joy at the prospect of coming to play grampa's pins, but the vote so far is 2 yes, 4 no.

However, Sputnik and lowbeau67, you've given me hope!

#10 5 years ago

My grandkids prefer to play in order of interest: Xbox, arcades, dome hockey, foosball, darts...and then pinball.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

My grandkids prefer to play in order of interest: Xbox

I can hear it now... “No thanks, grampa, I have pinball on my Xbox. It's the same thing.”

#12 5 years ago

Of the three grand kids here in the States, the 8 year-old boy has moved on to Pokemon (ugh).
    The other two are twin identical girls.

Of those, the one will play if bored with anything else - the other is a polar opposite, and can't wait to play.

(She began early-on to mimic my words of "UGH! Drats!" when it goes SDTM.
    Now every game, it's pretty funny seeing her head tilt back as her eyes find the ceiling when she groans that, LOL).

'Your training is complete, when you can snatch the pebble from my hand, grasshopper.'

#13 5 years ago

Grandkids are really not interested age 8 soon to be 9 , 7 and 2 and a half. They play with the boxes I have that had with new pins though.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Your training is complete, when you can snatch the pebble from my hand, grasshopper.'

Card game, artificial mindless screen interaction, or thrilling challenge involving actual gravity and physics...Can you choose wisely?

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

Grandkids are really not interested age 8 soon to be 9 , 7 and 2 and a half. They play with the boxes I have that had with new pins though.

The only boxes I could offer from pinball would be from orders from Steve Young!

#16 5 years ago

Absolutely enthralled by the experience:

halensurfchamp (resized).jpghalensurfchamp (resized).jpg

gsons118 (resized).jpggsons118 (resized).jpg

Bowler return lane very useful for hot wheels!

fam6 (resized).jpgfam6 (resized).jpg

#17 5 years ago

Our grandson is 5 and can’t wait to play a few games when he comes over.

12A03A00-3592-4B5C-ADD3-B07C0FD5F909 (resized).jpeg12A03A00-3592-4B5C-ADD3-B07C0FD5F909 (resized).jpeg
    #18 5 years ago

Thanks for all the pics. I am hopeful again that I'm set up for excited grandkids!

#19 5 years ago

However, the vote is 6 yes, 9 no.

#20 5 years ago

While my two year old grandson can't play yet, he enjoys watching and can push the lockdown bar button.

FB_IMG_1545188260032 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1545188260032 (resized).jpg
    #21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bortino:

While my two year old grandson can't play yet, he enjoys watching and can push the lockdown bar button.

Looks like he'll be drop catching soon. He probably already has the bounce pass down-pat already!

#22 5 years ago

pinball,pop,and ice cream till you puke....you bet your ass im a star with my grandkids!

006 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG011 (resized).JPG011 (resized).JPG
    #23 5 years ago

Wow, belairejoe, great pics and what a set-up! THAT's the kind of response from grandkids I was hoping for!

#24 5 years ago

thanks.we store kids paint stuff and games under booths.very kid friendly until 9pm.this an older photo

022 (resized).JPG022 (resized).JPG
    #25 5 years ago

she loves my pinball shed...

IMG_0053 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPG
    #26 5 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

she loves my pinball shed...

Great photo! I'm really liking the photo gallery on this thread!

#27 5 years ago

The vote is currently yes 12, no 16. Any more pinside grandparents want to weigh in?

#28 5 years ago

My Grandkids will be here next weekend. I will let them post why they like pinball.

#29 5 years ago

Fantastic setup belairjoe! Anyone can collect a bunch of pins but putting it all together in an environment where people want to hang out, now that’s a lot more challenging! The booths add a lot to the feel of the place. Great job - your family is very lucky

#30 5 years ago

I like to think of myself as an awesome “Gramps” that is made awesomer by the Gameroom I provide to my Granddaughter and soon to arrive Grandson.

Congrats to OP on becoming a Grandfather!

0470D72B-9D2D-4571-A6E8-CA6CE7B444F2 (resized).jpeg0470D72B-9D2D-4571-A6E8-CA6CE7B444F2 (resized).jpeg
    #31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

I like to think of myself as an awesome “Gramps” that is made awesomer by the Gameroom I provide to my Granddaughter and soon to arrive Grandson.

Sounds like you'll have to expand your pin collection!

#32 5 years ago

My gameroom has six pins. I have many grandchildren (13). I have found the children that understand you have to "hit" the silver ball can play my pins", whatever their age. Some just flip the flippers which drives me crazy. I showed one of my grandchildren, Ashton, how to hit the ball with the flippers. Wow she got IT immediately. She is 5 years old. Some of the other grandchildren do not want to learn. or do not understand ------5-8 years of age. Play more pinball

#33 5 years ago

Love coming home from work and hearing my games going ! My grandkids love them all

86513DBF-F649-49BE-B954-F04ED5B75C72 (resized).jpeg86513DBF-F649-49BE-B954-F04ED5B75C72 (resized).jpegC8CE6EC1-0976-4609-A5D5-16AF19CF104D (resized).jpegC8CE6EC1-0976-4609-A5D5-16AF19CF104D (resized).jpeg
    #34 5 years ago

Im not a grandparent, but my 3yr old mostly plays when she is at my parents house with my dad. Rarely does she want to play here, but she fires up metallica herself and gets the chair and starts playing with him every time she goes over lol

#35 5 years ago

i helped some one clean up one of those shuffle bowlers in november and could not believe the time and interest this game had with the crew.no need for me to test finished game as the grandkids played 75 games in 4 days and loved it!.nice photos by all who post!

#36 5 years ago

Yep, still popular with the nephews. I'm the tall one.

Christmas pinball (resized).jpgChristmas pinball (resized).jpg

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:Yep, still popular with the nephews. I'm the tall one.

Hey, TD, looks like the player height requirement goes up each next game to the right. Nice pic! Growing the next new generation of pinsiders!

#38 5 years ago

The vote is now leaning positive, 20 yes, 19 no!

#39 5 years ago

They enjoy playing them now and then and when they do, they lose interest after about 30 minutes.

IMG_0628 (resized).JPGIMG_0628 (resized).JPG
    #40 5 years ago

Wow that's a cool room! Those kids are so lucky and the little dude on stool has great taste!

#41 5 years ago

What’s with the Revenge from Mars in the ceiling?

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Wow that's a cool room! Those kids are so lucky and the little dude on stool has great taste!

Well he isn’t that far past the tit, makes sense to me

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

They enjoy playing them now and then and when they do, they lose interest after about 30 minutes.
    [quoted image]

I love the carpet!

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Well he isn’t that far past the tit...

Are any of us?

#45 5 years ago

Looks like they can always get change!

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

[quoted image]

Bryan has a secret game in the ceiling.

#47 5 years ago

IMG_9495 (resized).jpgIMG_9495 (resized).jpg

another one

#48 5 years ago

Looks like a two-player game going there! I really like the concentration she's showing.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

What’s with the Revenge from Mars in the ceiling?

It's my exploded view of an AFM. It doesn't show the sides, bottom and the coin door. It also has a normal power switch that turns on the lights in the coin door. Everything had to be custom made to fit a 2 X 4 or 2 X 2 ceiling tile space.

#50 5 years ago

The yeses still have it at 25 to 22.

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-your-grandkids-dig-your-pins?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.