(Topic ID: 231922)

Do Your Grandkids Dig Your Pins?-With Poll

By wolverinetuner

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have your pins made you a popular grandparent?”

• Yes 80 votes
      50%
    • No 80 votes
      50%

(160 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240412_053616 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240412_053503 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8093 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8091 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20231019_184725_Messenger (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5567 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5565 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7737 (resized).jpeg
    Chutes (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1993.JPG (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-063818_Photos (resized).jpg
    50FE2905-2FA2-4C41-AEC1-3AA510357988 (resized).jpeg
    A7CDF466-EDEF-4A85-B136-56516A0CE6A8 (resized).jpeg
    girlies with Peppy (resized).png
    dining room (resized).jpeg
    DSC04277 (resized).JPG
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago

My grandkids love to play. The first thing the 3 1/2 year old says when he comes over is, "Grandpa, do you want to play Deadpool?". We play split flipper for a few games before he gets distracted and starts paying more attention to the screen. The 1 1/2 year old loves to sit on the stool and watch. He knows where the START button is, so i have to be careful so that he doesn't start a bunch of 4 player games.

IMG_0851 (resized).jpgIMG_0851 (resized).jpgIMG_0844 (resized).jpgIMG_0844 (resized).jpgIMG_0819 (resized).jpgIMG_0819 (resized).jpg
    #52 5 years ago
    Quoted from KirboTurbo:

My grandkids love to play. The first thing the 3 1/2 year old says when he comes over is, "Grandpa, do you want to play Deadpool?". We play split flipper for a few games before he gets distracted and starts paying more attention to the screen. The 1 1/2 year old loves to sit on the stool and watch. He knows where the START button is, so i have to be careful so that he doesn't start a bunch of 4 player games.

If you turn off the freeplay setting, he’ll have to start paying to make that start button work! Great photos!

#53 5 years ago

The yeses are ahead by 4 now, the biggest lead yet. What about the rest of you Pinside grandparents?

1 week later
    #54 5 years ago

Bump post.

#55 5 years ago

Update: Just found out today that the baby my daughter is expecting is a girl! So hopefully I'll have a little sweetheart that will want to play grampa's pins!

#56 5 years ago

My grandson loves my pins. He plays them and helps me clean them. He cried the day he heard I was thinking about moving my Iron Man pin to my brothers house to make room for a new pin. I had to send WhirlWind instead!

287AAEE1-884E-4044-BF48-EAC445F1CCA3 (resized).jpeg287AAEE1-884E-4044-BF48-EAC445F1CCA3 (resized).jpeg9B1AB60D-97C6-49C3-8F5B-E9A7374EF5C9 (resized).jpeg9B1AB60D-97C6-49C3-8F5B-E9A7374EF5C9 (resized).jpeg
    #57 5 years ago
    Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

My grandson loves my pins. He plays them and helps me clean them. He cried the day he heard I was thinking about moving my Iron Man pin to my brothers house to make room for a new pin. I had to send WhirlWind instead!

Wow, you've even got him helping with maintenance. Next it'll be waxing the playfield!

#58 5 years ago

Our grandson has been into our pins since he was three (now 5+). He's super good at trapping the ball but isn't interested in high scores. He has figured out how to get multiballs on several games.
    My favorite part is when dad is here too and tells his kid to turn down the volume on AC/DC.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from doloe:

My favorite part is when dad is here too and tells his kid to turn down the volume on AC/DC.

Ah, the cycle of life continues...

4 months later
    #60 4 years ago

Just born yesterday, our first grandchild, Gwendolyn. Thought I’d get her acclaimated to Grampa’s pins on her first visit!

4CC7ADBE-1CAA-41E5-B25A-6565DC56889B (resized).png4CC7ADBE-1CAA-41E5-B25A-6565DC56889B (resized).png
    #61 4 years ago

17 & 14 year old nephews- “These only have two buttons, they’re boring”

My 2 year old son can not get enough.

There’s hope for the future.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

pinball,pop,and ice cream till you puke....you bet your ass im a star with my grandkids!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

What year Honda is that? Looks like a 67.

#63 4 years ago

yes thats a 1967 honda 90....has 385 miles on it..odometer is kilometers .i suspect this one was bought in japan and brought home by some one serving in the military but thats just a guess..this sat for more than 40 years with tarp over it in air port hanger..this not re done..i traded some stuff for this 3 years ago..changed fluids,checked brakes, put in fresh fuel and off we go..drove for about a mile then returned home with plan to hang from ceiling of our arcade next to our EK ...this will happen but we just sold our house and shop and will hang from ceiling in new pole barn in new london NC. if all go well for us..this is just to orig. for us to drive around and ruin so we will enjoy it from the ceiling.thanks for noticing this beauty.

#64 4 years ago
    008 (resized).JPG008 (resized).JPG
    #65 4 years ago
    29D280E8-8182-4239-811F-7618E358A47F (resized).jpeg29D280E8-8182-4239-811F-7618E358A47F (resized).jpeg3EDAC112-BAF1-4848-90B6-E499079B5224 (resized).jpeg3EDAC112-BAF1-4848-90B6-E499079B5224 (resized).jpeg
    #66 4 years ago

I could snap a picture of my grand kids playing my pins or arcades the maybe once a month they do. And they live with me. But that would just be fake news. They could really care a less. Boy 7, girl 10.

#67 4 years ago

Great pics MrSanRamon
    She looks like she’s enjoying that Getaway!

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from nitroman28:

I could snap a picture of my grand kids playing my pins or arcades the maybe once a month they do. And they live with me. But that would just be fake news. They could really care a less. Boy 7, girl 10.

Sorry to hear that. I wonder if they’ll ever look back and wish they had taken advantage of the great opportunity they had.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

yes thats a 1967 honda 90....has 385 miles on it..odometer is kilometers .i suspect this one was bought in japan and brought home by some one serving in the military but thats just a guess..this sat for more than 40 years with tarp over it in air port hanger..this not re done..i traded some stuff for this 3 years ago..changed fluids,checked brakes, put in fresh fuel and off we go..drove for about a mile then returned home with plan to hang from ceiling of our arcade next to our EK ...this will happen but we just sold our house and shop and will hang from ceiling in new pole barn in new london NC. if all go well for us..this is just to orig. for us to drive around and ruin so we will enjoy it from the ceiling.thanks for noticing this beauty.

When I was a kid I had a 67 Honda SS 125 that looks a lot like that. It was a 125 2 cylinder street bike. Seeing yours brings back some memories.

#70 4 years ago

No grandkids. But my grandparents love my pins!

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

No grandkids. But my grandparents love my pins!

I never thought about the opposite generational direction ...

#72 4 years ago

When I first got into pinball, my dad told me his favorite pin was Charlie's Angles. At that point I'd never heard that pin. Then one literally fell into my lap. I brought it home and invited him out without telling him why. I'll never forget that look on his face. My other favorite pinball memory is when I finally talked my grandpa in to playing my machines, and watching him roll over the score on my EM, it sure didn't look like he hadn't played in 30 years . After that game he was able to recall pinball machines and there locations from his youth with great detail.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

They enjoy playing them now and then and when they do, they lose interest after about 30 minutes.

30 minutes is a loooong time for kids that age!

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from zene10:

17 & 14 year old nephews- “These only have two buttons, they’re boring”

I’m guessing having them play a pin with 3 buttons, like Nip-It, wouldn’t do much to change their minds.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Just born yesterday, our first grandchild, Gwendolyn. Thought I’d get her acclaimated to Grampa’s pins on her first visit![quoted image]

Never too soon !!! But 1 day old ??? Isn't that pushing it a bit... Hmmm... Let me think... NOPE ! Get her used to the noise now...

Beautiful grand-baby !!!
    Amigo (resized).jpgAmigo (resized).jpgAmigo (resized).jpgAmigo (resized).jpg

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jerry208:

Never too soon !!! But 1 day old ??? Isn't that pushing it a bit... Hmmm... Let me think... NOPE ! Get her used to the noise now...

I just need to teach her the ruleset for Nip-It and she’ll be all set!

#77 4 years ago

Batter up!

Robert

IMG_3426 (resized).jpgIMG_3426 (resized).jpg

#78 4 years ago

Get that kid a stool!

#79 4 years ago

My grandson lives with us. He rarely takes interest in the pins but really likes the Pitch and Bat. Last night he told me to never sell it. He was gunning for my high score. I think that's what keeps him engaged on that one as it's shown on a separate set of reels.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

He was gunning for my high score. I think that's what keeps him engaged on that one as it's shown on a separate set of reels.

I have EMs and keep the high score posted over each one. Maybe he’ll try to beat your high scores on your pins if you post ‘em. (Although I’m glad he likes the pitch and bat!)

#81 4 years ago

I have EMs and keep the high score posted over each one. Maybe he’ll try to beat your high scores on your pins if you post ‘em. (Although I’m glad he likes the pitch and bat!)

That thought occurred to me last night. All 3 pins are AAB too. So they have a little spot on the glass to write the high score. I used to have a chalkboard with high scores written on it when my girls were small. That seemed to keep them interested.

#82 4 years ago

2 yo and she loves it! Will ‘play’ for an hour

25C49131-6752-4192-A37F-DAE771B034FF (resized).jpeg25C49131-6752-4192-A37F-DAE771B034FF (resized).jpeg
    #83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwalk:

2 yo and she loves it! Will ‘play’ for an hour

Looks like she’s got a great view of the action!

#84 4 years ago

We had a line forming for MB this weekend. But the gumball machine was the star of the show.

20190617_194036 (resized).jpg20190617_194036 (resized).jpg
    #85 4 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

But the gumball machine was the star of the show

I think I already know the vote if we started a “Do Your Grandkids Dig Your Gumball Machine?” poll. Great pic!

1 week later
    #86 4 years ago

Had a visit from my family today

Grandson (resized).jpgGrandson (resized).jpg
    #87 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Had a visit from my family today

I like the concentration. Looks like he’s warming up for Pinburgh!

1 week later
    #88 4 years ago

I'm not a grandpa or even a dad just a really good uncle my 3 year old niece playing pinball and Then I sent one of my dataeast games Checkpoint to a family members house for some quality kid action. Saved this from being parted out.
    IMAG5789 (resized).jpgIMAG5789 (resized).jpgIMAG5871 (resized).jpgIMAG5871 (resized).jpg

#89 4 years ago

Here is a picture of game forgot to add it to prior post.
    IMAG5777 (resized).jpgIMAG5777 (resized).jpg

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from cp1610:

I'm not a grandpa or even a dad just a really good uncle my 3 year old niece playing pinball and Then I sent one of my dataeast games Checkpoint to a family members house for some quality kid action. Saved this from being parted out.

Your niece has a special uncle, it looks like she’s enjoying that Ghostbusters. Also, that Checkpoint is way better in a play room than parted out. Thanks for sharing!

#91 4 years ago

Your niece has a special uncle, it looks like she’s enjoying that Ghostbusters. Also, that Checkpoint is way better in a play room than parted out. Thanks for sharing!

Glad someone else sees it that way besides me now to do it 5 more times. 3 ss games and two em's thats assuming i stop buying games

#92 4 years ago

first grandchild - Brooklyn - is just 11+ weeks old now and I can't wait to get her to play/see the pins. I have a pitch and bat
    I'm working on now that I figure will be easiest to play at the beginning. I plan on getting a baby harness for her hang in front
    while I play. I guess I can't vote in the poll till I see how she likes them! I've got an extra Sing Along that I plan
    on giving to my son so that she can play at home... unless he gets too lazy to play it with her (ha! Millennials ...too much Xbox/PS )

#93 4 years ago

Im sure hoping my grandaughter will....cant wait for this kid to start talking....

117079 (resized).jpeg117079 (resized).jpeg
    #94 4 years ago
    Quoted from fanuminski:

I plan on getting a baby harness for her hang in front

Wow, that’s really starting early! BTW, if your son doesn’t want your free Sing Along, I’d think I could make room for it (one of my favorite backglasses)!

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Im sure hoping my grandaughter will....cant wait for this kid to start talking....

She’s adorable!

1 week later
    #96 4 years ago

Putting up the high score on Silverball!

Robert

IMG_20190724_155155 (resized).jpgIMG_20190724_155155 (resized).jpg

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Putting up the high score on Silverball

Nice action shot with the flipper moving!

2 months later
    #98 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

[quoted image]

That can't be, it says 'no crying' right on the wall behind him.

#99 4 years ago

The kids love the my machines, and are getting better every time they play...3 boy 3 pins (2) (resized).jpg3 boy 3 pins (2) (resized).jpg

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jerry208:

The kids love the my machines, and are getting better every time they play...[quoted image]

Good job, grandpa. Looks like a grandkids’ tournament!

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-your-grandkids-dig-your-pins/page/2?hl=parkshow30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.