(Topic ID: 198717)

Do You Work On Your Skills Or Just Play?

By Chisox

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MrFancy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Grecian Urn Pose (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I ask this as the worlds most average pinball player, do you guys (specifically youz guyz that are good) start a game and say "I'm going to specifically work on my catching, post passing, dead flip, etc" ...or do you just plunge and play? I've done this in the past and have seen my skills improve but get bored and feel that my limited time I have to play should be spent just enjoying the game(s). Just wondering because it's pretty sweet watching some guys on here playing on Youtube and thinking "how did they got so damn good?".

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Both for sure. Sometimes I find myself not trying very hard because I'm not dropping quarters in but I try to get better as I play for sure.

It's so funny because I grew up in the 70s/80s where a quarter was a big deal and draining ball 3 or 5 on older games was absolutely tragic. God I feel old after reading that sentence.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

I think about practicing something, try it a few times, then forget I was trying and just go back to playing. I enjoy playing so much more than practicing but know I should practice. Funny.. seem to have that same problem with most hobbies of mine and I've mastered exactly none.

Lol. You should hear me play guitar. Same exact thing, I practice for 10 minutes then just crank it to 11 and play power chords like Johnny Ramone. Except I'm no Johnny Ramone.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I suggest just plunging the ball and watching its path until it drains with your hands off the flipper buttons. Just focus on the path and angles the ball takes.

I usually do this unintentionally. Glad to know I can just say that I'm "practicing".

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd hope not. He's dead.

Hah! Nothing gets past you Boob. Actually it's not good to be any Ramone for that matter, they're all dead.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-work-on-your-skills-or-just-play?tu=chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.