By mcluvin

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago

Started with surge a few years ago which i loved -- really nice to go running without a need for phone and still connect to a gps for stats and route overlay. Lost it paddle boarding a year ago and got the newer one with color, but no built in gps. Better accuracy tracking than a phone imo-- and nice not to always have to have the phone.

This years resolution was to do 10k steps or more a day, every day. It hasn't been easy but so far I've done it.. even if it's doing laps at the airport or late night walks before bed. It's surprisingly hard to get it everyday -- takes an effort that you don't always feel like making.. actually quite often lol. I think I'm feeling better because of it though.. and the competition with others is fun on the leaderboards

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I have worn a Fitbit HR Charge for a couple of years now. These days I mainly use it for the sleep tracking feature, and I pay a little attention to steps. I run 5 miles, 5-6 days a week. I use a Garmin ForeRunner to track all of my running data. If you end up running on a regular basis, I would highly recommend getting one. Provides more data than I thought was possible.
FWIW, I find that the heart rate measured by the fitbit to be approx 10% lower than readings from a Heart Rate strap, or pulse oximeter while I am running.

The forerunners look sweet I will admit that! Interesting about the heart rate.. resting rate seems to be right on though

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

A friend let me wear his one day while I worked. Gave it back to him that night. 22,000 steps, 8.9 miles walked and 2600 calories burned according to the fit bit. I just thought I was tired until I heard the stats...............

What's your work? I wish mine was more active.. sitting at a desk many days or driving.. lucky to get 5 or 6k before I'm home from work

#28 2 years ago

The straps breaking was annoying.. huge improvement on the blaze with the super easy swap of straps. Bezel seems to somehow protect the large screen too.. at least so far

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

When I started at the beginning of the year, it would kick my a** to get an extra couple thousand steps a day. My back would be killing me. It didn't take much weight loss to make the back pain go away and I got into a pretty good system of doing at least 10K a day. I know some would laugh at walking as exercise, but it makes a difference.

Nice!! Yeah walking is great for you. It doesn't hit cardio unless you're really chugging but at least you're getting exercise! And it's pretty pleaseant. We've got s dog so she always enjoys it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 10.00
Apparel - Unisex
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz
$ 2,000.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9,000.00
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside