6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What's a Fitbit ?

It's a device you wear on your wrist, like a watch, that tracks your steps, heart rate, and other health things.

Personally, I think they're a little obsolete already, since anyone with an Apple iPhone has the health app built in, and it's more feature rich. The health app tracks your steps, and the barometer is even sensitive to sense how many flights of steps you've traversed (by sensing the relative air pressure from the top of a flight to the bottom). And you can track calories, and all sorts of other stuff. Most people already have their phones in their pockets, so it's been quietly collecting health data behind the scenes. Pretty cool to check out the graphs it produces.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I set my phone down all the time while I'm still moving. Is your phone measuring your heart rate?

Yea, it's not measuring heart rates, but it's doing pretty much everything else. I take my phone literally everywhere. It's never not in my left pocket, so my need for a fitbit is pretty minimal. You can always snag an apple watch, and that'll measure heart rate, and be infinitely more feature rich and capable than a fitbit (but also significantly more expensive).

I'm not knocking the fitbit, but I just don't think it does enough to justify buying one and wearing it all the time (for me, anyway). At the end of the day, it's different strokes for different folks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-wear-a-fitbit?tu=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.