6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finman2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 6 years ago

I have worn a Fitbit HR Charge for a couple of years now. These days I mainly use it for the sleep tracking feature, and I pay a little attention to steps. I run 5 miles, 5-6 days a week. I use a Garmin ForeRunner to track all of my running data. If you end up running on a regular basis, I would highly recommend getting one. Provides more data than I thought was possible.

FWIW, I find that the heart rate measured by the fitbit to be approx 10% lower than readings from a Heart Rate strap, or pulse oximeter while I am running.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I need to get something like a Fitbit. I'd like something that is accurate with HR. Not sure what's out there. Apple Watch is out as my iPhone is a work phone. My personal phone isn't an iPhone.
I've started recording what I eat everyday so I can see how quickly there calories add up. My diet is awful.
Anyway, I need to make changes. I'm 5'9", 240 pounds and this is the most I've ever weighed. I'm disgusted with myself but I just can't get myself to make the necessary changes like quit drinking pop. The calorie counting should help me here because while I knew pop was bad, I didn't realize how many calories I added a day just from pop. Well over 1000. Ugh.

Yeah, you really need to find a way to quit drinking pop. At least, switch to diet. It is a bit difficult to switch at first, because it doesn't taste as good. No doubt about that. As far as accurate HR in a watch, nothing is perfect. The technology just ins't there yet. Fitbit does a decent job at a reasonable price point. Take a look at a HR Charge, or Surge.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finman2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-wear-a-fitbit?tu=finman2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.