6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

When I started at the beginning of the year, it would kick my a** to get an extra couple thousand steps a day. My back would be killing me. It didn't take much weight loss to make the back pain go away and I got into a pretty good system of doing at least 10K a day. I know some would laugh at walking as exercise, but it makes a difference.

Walking is great exercise! When I moved to New Zealand from LA 12 years ago my feet were sore the first few weeks as I was walking and taking public transport instead of driving. I then started walking hills and that turned into running them but you have to start somewhere!

As to fitbit I have had two a charge HR which broke after about 10 months and now a charge 2. The 2 is about 7 months old and is getting a bit weird, not doing notifications and the HR function has always been crap except for resting. It shows 90 when I am more like 160. Whatever I get next is going to be more robust and not a fitbit.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Once my work started giving $600 a year for steps, health quizzes, etc I bought a fitbitHR.
Typical Chinese made junk was toast in about 4 months - they do offer free replacement in the first year. Now my 2nd one has worn out, bubbled on the band and wont sync. Replacement now is offered at 20% discount - F them I wont spend another penny on that crap

It is junk because that is how fitbit speced it not because it is made in China!

1 week later
#48 6 years ago

To lose weight get rid of the carbs x1000.

I have recently gone to a paelo diet and am dropping weight like crazy. I am eating almost no carbs just what I get in vegetables and I have 2 pieces of fruit a day. I eat heaps of veg (not starchy ones though) and 100g of protein at each meal. Nuts for snacks and only a little red wine, no more beer I have always run but have picked it up a bit lately mostly because I feel so good. The transition was hard at first when I went into ketosis (google ketosis flu) but I feel great now and am not at all hungry.

I'm 6'4 and was just over 200 lbs when I started about 2.5 weeks ago. I have dropped 10 lbs and the loss accelerated as I ate less carbs. I will be at 175-180 in about 2 weeks at this pace and I don't want to go lower than that.

My problem is what to do when I get to my target, I am in an almost 2k calorie deficit per day right now but am not really hungry so I need to figure out what to eat. I will eat some carbs but not like I used to. I ate way too much pasta and noodles before!

Good luck you can do it!

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah, same here. I'm not really doing Paleo, but very little bread and dairy consumed here. Some milk in my coffee and usually a Greek Yogurt for breakfast is about it for me, though I do occasionally have some Halo Top or Breyer's No Sugar Added ice cream. When I want bread, it's the 45 calorie slices, and that's rare. I do usually have a breakfast biscuit on the weekends, but I make it fit the calorie budget.
Beer is a rare treat. I like the good stuff in quantity and I just can't make it work on a regular basis. Been sitting on a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest for the last couple weeks. I want to drink it, but I don't really want to drink just one. It just totally f's with the diet. I weigh daily and can look at past months and tell you where I drank beer just from the graphs. And not that I actually gained 4 pounds from having 6 200 calorie beers the night before, but seeing that water weight f's with your motivation, at least for me.
I have had good luck with vodka + Diet 7-Up. Didn't really think I would, but it works. Not every day, but I keep it to weekends and I'm still losing.
I'm not too worried about reaching my target and doing maintenance. As long as you aren't anorexic, it's a good problem to have
Good luck!

It is clearly working for you so keep it up!

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I see. A tool for lazy people then. That's why I wouldn't need it. I'm a lean, mean, always moving machine.

I wouldn't say lazy but it is a good reminder that while you can be very busy you need to move around more if that is not a normal part of your job/day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-wear-a-fitbit?tu=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.