By mcluvin

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah, same here. I'm not really doing Paleo, but very little bread and dairy consumed here. Some milk in my coffee and usually a Greek Yogurt for breakfast is about it for me, though I do occasionally have some Halo Top or Breyer's No Sugar Added ice cream. When I want bread, it's the 45 calorie slices, and that's rare. I do usually have a breakfast biscuit on the weekends, but I make it fit the calorie budget.
Beer is a rare treat. I like the good stuff in quantity and I just can't make it work on a regular basis. Been sitting on a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest for the last couple weeks. I want to drink it, but I don't really want to drink just one. It just totally f's with the diet. I weigh daily and can look at past months and tell you where I drank beer just from the graphs. And not that I actually gained 4 pounds from having 6 200 calorie beers the night before, but seeing that water weight f's with your motivation, at least for me.
I have had good luck with vodka + Diet 7-Up. Didn't really think I would, but it works. Not every day, but I keep it to weekends and I'm still losing.
I'm not too worried about reaching my target and doing maintenance. As long as you aren't anorexic, it's a good problem to have
Good luck!

It is clearly working for you so keep it up!

#52 2 years ago

Thank you and same to you! I had a really shitty day today. That would have sent the old me over the edge. My resting heart rate is up right now, but still well within normal. Just a night and day difference from me at my worst to now, and I'm not even quite at my goal yet. Gonna be there soon though.

Finally cracked open those beers. Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest is quite good this year. Check it out if you get the chance.

#53 2 years ago

I had to google "fitbit". Looks like just another useless device that I would have no desire to own or wear.

But more power to you if it helps make you a better man.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had to google "fitbit". Looks like just another useless device that I would have no desire to own or wear.

Thanks! Certainly, it is probably useless for some, but for me it has been invaluable in becoming a better, healthier person. Even if it has helped only one, it is far from useless. I know it has been more helpful than that though.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's more of a motivator. It shows you exactly how lazy/inactive your are. It's helped a lot of people I know become healthier, and it helped me recover from major back surgery.

They weren't the first one with this idea, they were just the first one to do it right.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

It's more of a motivator. It shows you exactly how lazy/inactive your are.

I see. A tool for lazy people then. That's why I wouldn't need it. I'm a lean, mean, always moving machine.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I see. A tool for lazy people then. That's why I wouldn't need it. I'm a lean, mean, always moving machine.

I wouldn't say lazy but it is a good reminder that while you can be very busy you need to move around more if that is not a normal part of your job/day.

#58 2 years ago

Oh yeah, I'm always moving. The days of surfing all day and running 10 miles at night may be behind me, but I still find myself walking in circles in the backyard in the middle of the night.

#59 2 years ago

Active people can still be overweight, though being active does make it harder to get there. And I wouldn't necessarily describe someone working long hours at a desk job as lazy.

Fitbit enables you to easily track calorie intake/burn, weight/BF% (via Aria scale), sleep habits, heart rate, and I'm sure a few other things I'm forgetting. Very useful info when you are trying to lose weight.

If you are fit and lean, and always have been. Great job! You don't need a Fitbit. Unfortunately I do and I'll continue wearing it even after I hit my target. I like knowing my stats.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
$ 289.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 60.00
$ 39.50
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 0.35
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside