10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 008.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from oldschoolbob:

I have a flight 2000 that I'm going to clean. What do you use to clean it and do you wax it when it's done?
Thanks
Bob

I had an old timer recommend Scrubbing Bubbles some time ago for cabinet cleaning. Works fantastic. I don't use it on the outside of decal'd or screen printed, but pained cabs absolutely. Removes a lot of crap easy. For protection and shine you could use a wax, but as Pauz21 said if the surface is rough it'll just gum up. A clear spray on wax might be a reasonable alternative. I've used carnauba on a couple of smooth cabs with great results, but it's probably overkill.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

pinster, any specific guidance on using the scrubbing bubbles? or just follow the directions on the can?

Spray, wait, wipe off. In cabinet bases where the surface could be rough (or to get it out of corners) I've used a shop vac then a finish wipe.

SB also works excellent on metal/plastic ramps. I put them in my wash basin, spray with SB, wait 3-4 minutes then rinse with warm water. It really cuts the scrubbing time down.

As always use with caution on any questionable artwork, etc.. You never know. Start small, experiment, then use your best judgement.

The SB advice came from a fellow Jerseyite and RGP old timer. Let's just call him Ron S. to keep anonymity. Other old timers will likely know who I'm referring to.

Regards,

Brian

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 45.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-wax-the-outside-of-your-cabinet?tu=pinster68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.