Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Spraynard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

This might be a total noob question but I always see people saying "use carnauba wax"...do you put it everywhere the ball travels on the playfield, or would you skip areas that already have mylar? What about clear-coated playfields?

#2 10 years ago

From one noob to another - wax everything - even your balls. Ok, that might be going a bit far!

#3 10 years ago

I wax every place the ball travels on the playfield including any areas that have mylar, and I wax my clear coated playfields too.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fridgy:

wax everything - even your balls

That sounds a bit painful

#5 10 years ago

Wax it. Can't hurt anything plus the wax will help slow hazing from the balls rolling across it.

If your mylar is hazy you can actually polish it to help clear it up. Check out the treasure cove site for their kit. Or you can also buy auto polishes in varying grit to do the same thing. Mylar is tough stuff so be prepared to use a buffer.

#6 10 years ago

the guys from treasure cove suggest it. (btw, just got done using their stuff on 3 of my machines. it is remarkable. fyi: went very light with the number 3!)

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Wax it. Can't hurt anything plus the wax will help slow hazing from the balls rolling across it.
    If your mylar is hazy you can actually polish it to help clear it up. Check out the treasure cove site for their kit. Or you can also buy auto polishes in varying grit to do the same thing. Mylar is tough stuff so be prepared to use a buffer.

sorry! missed your post....

#8 10 years ago

Wax the whole thing. Nothing better than your 1st game after fresh coat of wax... Fast and unpredictable!!!! Loads of fun.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmydred:

Wax the whole thing. Nothing better than your 1st game after fresh coat of wax... Fast and unpredictable!!!! Loads of fun.

I don't think it's a good idea to wax ramps, just Novus #1 for those.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

I don't think it's a good idea to wax ramps, just Novus #1 for those.

This is true... Just talking about playfield. The thought to wax a ramp never occurred to me, but I wonder???? If it was clean, would it look better?

#11 10 years ago

I use wax on my ramps, it makes them look better than novus does.

#12 10 years ago

I wax my ramps regularly, what would be bad about it?

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from yoshootme:

the guys from treasure cove suggest it. (btw, just got done using their stuff on 3 of my machines. it is remarkable. fyi: went very light with the number 3!)

Based on this thread, decided to give treasure cove a try. Is the only way to order it by sending them a check/money order? seriously?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-wax-mylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.