• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10556312_10153010329130968_6834067285787332067_n (resized).jpg
56758769999 (resized).JPG

#1 11 days ago

Hello, i bought a new home and i created a 3D plan of my future game room.
I don't know yet the theme, i hesitate for a neon retro style like Tron, a steampunk style, or a classy elegant style with dark brown tones.
I also wanted to give a name to my game room, i know often Irish Pubs have very funny and nice names, i need to ponder what name i will give , so i will order a big neon to put in the wall opposite to the one where there is my Kat Walk C2 ( that round thing on the floor between the bar and the arcade ), so feel free to give me ideas.

The Darts will be a Vdarts4, that red slot machine it will be a Paschislo machine , a Saint Seya that i already have, and what is next to it is a Kat Walk C2 that is powered by my MAME arcade that have a good PC that handle the VR.
No, i will not have 9 Game of Thrones pinball machines, it was just the 3D file i found.
For now i have 9 pinball ( Sorcerer, STNG, Indy, Judge Dredd, World Cup 94, TOTAN, LOTR, Iron Maiden Premium, Godzilla Premium , but i plan to put 14 pinball machines maximum. The room have the capacity to put 18 in total if i take off the arcade machine, bar, and Kat Walk C2.

Here's the video of the project, i will be updating, firstly i need to have the keys of this new home i bought, and in some months i will start the renovation works, only then will be in a decent way to show you the final result
:

Cheers!

#2 11 days ago

Looks good, there's a cool theme I saw, it was a Blade runner bar, it's on youtube.

56758769999 (resized).JPG
#3 10 days ago

Wow! You must really like GOT

#4 10 days ago

You seem to have too little free space in the middle, it looks like you won't be able to slide the glass out for repairs/stuck balls and so on.

On my 90s pins I need about 110cm to get the glass out and thats when I stand beside it, not behind the glass. Not sure about modern games but probably somewhere there too.

Perhaps you could rotate the games 45 degrees to get more space infront of them.

Also, with so little space between it will be a real hassle to move the games around when buying/ selling/ rearranging them.

Edit: If I were you I would reconsider the pin placement like:

a) have them all in a single row along the longest wall and arcades on the opposite long wall.

b) split the pins along both short walls and arcades between on the long walls

c) 3-4 pins in two rows in the middle of the room, back to back, perhaps with another row further away if you want more pins.

#5 10 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Wow! You must really like GOT

You know, not every pinball machine plays the same way!

#6 10 days ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

You seem to have too little free space in the middle, it looks like you won't be able to slide the glass out for repairs/stuck balls and so on.
On my 90s pins I need about 110cm to get the glass out and thats when I stand beside it, not behind the glass. Not sure about modern games but probably somewhere there too.
Perhaps you could rotate the games 45 degrees to get more space I'm front of them.

Indeed, is a bit thight the space, but if my calculations are correct I can take the glass off correctly, but if I need to remove and and add new flipper, I need indeed so make space and put the other pinball machines in a 45 degrees angle. The room makes 14 x 32 feet ( 4x10 meters) . It's a bit thight but I think I can do it, in worst of cases, rotate in 45 degrees angle indeed

#7 10 days ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

Looks good, there's a cool theme I saw, it was a Blade runner bar, it's on youtube.
[quoted image]

Indeed, it looks great. Am searching a bit to see some ideas I aslo thought of creating a star gate portal in the wall, but would be partially hidden by the pinball machines, would be a shame.

#8 10 days ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Perhaps you could rotate the games 45 degrees to get more space infront of them.
Also, with so little space between it will be a real hassle to move the games around when buying/ selling/ rearranging them.
Edit: If I were you I would reconsider the pin placement like:
a) have them all in a single row along the longest wall and arcades on the opposite long wall.
b) split the pins along both short walls and arcades between on the long walls
c) 3-4 pins in two rows in the middle of the room, back to back, perhaps with another row further away if you want more pins.

I verified the size of the room , it's exactly 4,10 m , ( 13,45 feet ), i think i will pass staying straight, if not, i just imagined a "solution":
Put a STOOL under the front part of the pinball in a way to lift the legs, so the angle of the glass will be higher than the pinball machine in front of it.
I know, it's clumsy, but can be also a solution.

I mesured the distance from the wall to the front of the flippers like bally / williams is around 1m38 and the new stern 1,42 , and as there is a inclination while the glass slides, the glass will not touch the plunger of the pinball in front of it.
I want to have the new stern in only one side, and the old in another side, so it will always be 138cm + 142cm + 110cm for the glass am at 390cm ( 12.8ft ) and the room makes 410cm ( 13.4ft ), still have 20cm gap! I imagine i need to stay on the side while sliding the glass in and out, but i think it's possible to do, but thanks for pointing that out, i had calculated that some weeks ago when i went visit the house and at the time i had calculated the minimum size to have two pinball machines facing each other, but when you wrote you made me doubt a bit

#9 10 days ago
Quoted from Days:

I verified the size of the room , it's exactly 4,10 m , ( 13,45 feet ), i think i will pass staying straight, if not, i just imagined a "solution":
Put a STOOL under the front part of the pinball in a way to lift the legs, so the angle of the glass will be higher than the pinball machine in front of it.
I know, it's clumsy, but can be also a solution.
I mesured the distance from the wall to the front of the flippers like bally / williams is around 1m38 and the new stern 1,42 , and as there is a inclination while the glass slides, the glass will not touch the plunger of the pinball in front of it.
I want to have the new stern in only one side, and the old in another side, so it will always be 138cm + 142cm + 110cm for the glass am at 390cm ( 12.8ft ) and the room makes 410cm ( 13.4ft ), still have 20cm gap! I imagine i need to stay on the side while sliding the glass in and out, but i think it's possible to do, but thanks for pointing that out, i had calculated that some weeks ago when i went visit the house and at the time i had calculated the minimum size to have two pinball machines facing each other, but when you wrote you made me doubt a bit

If the currently planned layout works then great

The stool thing sound like a lot of hassle. When I have friends over for a gaming evening I usually have to take the glass of at least 3-4 times to unstuck a ball, remove a LED that's fallen off and lies on the playfield (TZ piano LEDs and TAF chair LEDs especially), adjust a switch and so on. Doing that with a stool every time just seems like a lot of lifting/work.

#10 10 days ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

If the currently planned layout works then great
The stool thing sound like a lot of hassle. When I have friends over for a gaming evening I usually have to take the glass of at least 3-4 times to unstuck a ball, remove a LED that's fallen off and lies on the playfield (TZ piano LEDs and TAF chair LEDs especially), adjust a switch and so on. Doing that with a stool every time just seems like a lot of lifting/work.

Sure, it would be problematic indeed, but... desperate times ask for desperate techniques!
But... that would be in case of having it full of pinball machines and no free space, having free space is easy to turn 3 ou 4 at angle and take it off.
But, yes, one of the conditions to buy the house it was of having space to put at least 12 pinball machines

#11 10 days ago

Here is my pleasure room

10556312_10153010329130968_6834067285787332067_n (resized).jpg
#12 9 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Here is my pleasure room

Never play Tetris with the woman taking the picture. I don't care if she's doing the panoramic thing, it's still stupid.

#13 9 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Here is my pleasure room
[quoted image]

Seems a very good one!
Can we play with some of those machines?!

#14 9 days ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Never play Tetris with the woman taking the picture. I don't care if she's doing the panoramic thing, it's still stupid.

Hahahahahaahahah indeed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!