(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 8 years ago

Just joined today! What an amazing pin. Just a 2.5 hour round trip to pick it up. Fixed left flipper and a couple targets and got it playing 100%. For the price I paid I did not expect to have it 100% and playing by end of the day. This very well could be a keeper.

#90 8 years ago

Wonder how many of these are still around? Maybe half? 1000 or so?

Found mine yesterday. Had been in a climate controled warehouse for over 6 years and sat somewhere else for a long time before that.

1 month later
#95 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Couple new Mousin' cards if anybody needs them!

mousin1new.jpg mousin2new.jpg

thanks for cards man!

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Someday I hope to play mine! Started the full restore a long time ago and has been sitting waiting for a pf for awhile...had one off to be cleared and work halted in middle and no one will take system 11 Pfs!
Cabinet was stripped, cleaned and powder coated. All the pf parts tumble and cleaned 100%...just need a pf.
If anyone has a nice original or nos would be sweet Lmk so is can feel more like a true member of the club

image.jpg

I know this is long shot but if you want to sell your parts and cab I will take it. That cabinet is a beauty.

1 month later
#148 8 years ago

I paint and clear mine before applying decals

#149 8 years ago

I have only done it once but it turned out great. Any imperfection In the finish will show through decal Bad.

1 month later
#190 8 years ago

Can someone please post some close up pics of the center ramp cheese wedge? Specifically how the ramp attaches to the wedge. Mine was glued together and I took it all apart today and stripped the glue off. Now I don't know how it fits together. I am obviously missing a bracket or something.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

The ramp screws down to the two front posts and the cheese looking pcs screws down to the two rear posts. There should be two metal angle brackets attached to the cheese.

Ok. My ramp must be missing brackets because there is no way for it to attach to the 2 front post. If I can see some pics I might can fabricate something. Thanks

#194 8 years ago

Yea, the center clear plastic ramp. They had it glued to the cheese wedge. I removed the glue and now there is no way to attach it back. There are no holes or brackets or anything to attach the ramp back to the wedge. I almost need a good side picture.

#196 8 years ago

Now I see what's up. I got all the glue off and my ramp screws holes are broke off. I should be able to fabricate some sort of L brackets to fix it.

20160130_204352_(resized).jpg20160130_204352_(resized).jpg

#201 8 years ago

Thanks man. My ramp screw hole tabs are broke off. Should be easily fixed with a couple L brakets. I just pulled my mylar off today. Took about 10 minutes but will take days to get the glue off. The playfield looks great and I only lost one little spec of a insert. Sure would be nice to get some repro ramps and plastics.

#204 8 years ago

Anyone got a close up picture of the upper left side playfield? That one swirl ramp would have to be removed. I need the arrow and mouse shot to make overlay.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

That same ramp is for sale on Ebay if you don't mind paying about $70.00 for it and shipping.
.....you can at least see what an unbroken one looks like

Thanks man. I bought it. Better than rigging something up.

3 weeks later
#206 8 years ago

I have another 3 bank drop target assembly if someone needs it. I used 2 to make me a really good one, but the extra I have would work great for someone who does not have one at all. The targets would need to be wired for MA, but that would be pretty easy. I could help if needed. The target faces would need to be swapped out also as they are cracked.

3 weeks later
#221 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Right. I know about undoing connectors, but it seems like when putting ramps back on, the connectors will be difficult to weave back down under other ramps and then through the pf.

It is actually pretty easy. I had to get my wife to help hold the ramps in place while I made connections under playfield. Then I re-mounted the ramps after. Mousin was actually the easiest tear down. How does your playfield look? Still have the mylar?

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Anyone have a motor for the drop targets. I purchased one with drop targets, installed assembly fromdifferent game, wires colors don't match up. Finally think I have right combination, but motor just makes noise and nothing happens.

Art has the motor. Pm him and see if he will sell it to you.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So a couple questions for the experienced club members:
1. That back hole shot is tough to make. I think my flippers are strong enough, but that perhaps my back legs are too high. Thoughts? Anyone else have trouble with getting the power to make the shot? I'd say like it's 50% makeable, and just barely limps in.
2. Anyone remove mylar? Half tempted for the sole reason being the grime edge of the current mylar. The mylar on now is in great shape with very little bubbling.. but I hate that grime/dirt edge. Risk vs. reward. Anyone freeze it off without art pull?
Fun pin so far.

1. I have to really hit the ramp hard to make the mouse hole but I have my back legs cranked up. Level it out some and it will help.
2. I just removed the mylar off mine with freeze method and getting all the glue off was a pain and i messed some art up. If i could go back i would have left it alone and lived with the insert bubbles. I have playfield scans and made overlays to fix 98% of art and insert flaws.

#252 8 years ago

1500 dollar ma at tpf. GI is out but other than that not bad

#265 8 years ago

I'm thinking of selling mine if someone is interested. One of my cheese light boards is out for repair, but when I get it back i will probably list it. Everything works 100%, lots of new stuff, and completely stripped down and shopped.

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys: I just ledded out my mousin, EXCEPT for the flashers (89s and 906s). I'm now not liking the clash between the incandescent flashers and the gorgeous comet leds everywhere else.
Has anyone ledded a mousin around's flashers without having to modify resistors, etc? I'd rather not have to cut off parts just to led flashers.
Anyone?

I used Cointakers full kit with flashers and it works great.

1 week later
#279 8 years ago

I sold my ma and they did not want decals. I have a full cabinet set in perfect shape $225 and a set that was damaged during shipping $50.

Also have a full insert decal set $40

Used set of displays - the right one, first couple of digits are going bad, left one good. $30

I have a 3 bank drop target assembly. Used and wired for afm but could work for ma or at least use the assembly. $25

Center ramp switch assembly. Used but works 100%. $10

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I sold my ma and they did not want decals. I have a full cabinet set in perfect shape $225 and a set that was damaged during shipping $50.
Also have a full insert decal set $40
Used set of displays - the right one, first couple of digits are going bad, left one good. $30
I have a 3 bank drop target assembly. Used and wired for afm but could work for ma or at least use the assembly. $25
Center ramp switch assembly. Used but works 100%. $10

Everything is gone but the drop target and switch

1 year later
#462 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

Thanks for the pictures. I thought mine may have been wired wrong. Now it’s time
To trace the wires.

You need to use a jump wire and get power from another working light.

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

I’ll try that again. I am thinking the capacitor might be bad, can I replace that on that mini board?

Do you have a wire with alligator clips on each end? I would try some jumpers and see what happens. I know who used to own that game and that light board was looked over by a professional. It should not be the board.

Did you get the coindoor parts? I am the one who shipped those to you.

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

I did, thanks so much. I love the machine put new targets in and it looks great. I tried but i am not 100% sure what i am doing yet.
Yeah ptrav told me he was looking for the culprit. I am going to trace wires tonight and see what I can find.

It is a really fun pin. As you get further along in the hobby you will want some deeper, newer, faster games. Great first pin!

2 years later
#656 3 years ago
Quoted from PBSaltyKracker:

About to purchase a mousing around machine with a bad CPU. Can I at least test that the machine fires up with the CPU out of my F-14 tomcat (same CPU, different ROM’s).

I looked at that mousin last week when I bought his pinball dolly. Pretty decent deal, I had a CPU for it on the shelf but I only wanted to pay $1800. It had a nice playfield and ramps but cabinet decals was rough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 23.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.