(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#513 5 years ago

Anyone have a guide for where the rubbers go? I ordered a set of rubbers from Marco, but the guide that was included is just a scan of the playfield parts page in the manual, which doesn't actually show the rubber locations. As far as I know, no page in the manual shows where the rubbers go.

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I had the same issue, but I ended up just using old pictures to figure out where everything went. For the most part, I think I got it right.

Airtight, I guess I'll just do that then. I should have enough photos to figure it out.

#527 5 years ago

Are the repro trap mechanisms going to be available for the foreseeable future? One of mine is cracked at one point, and the other is broken apart in two pieces (Though they were both working fine when I played the game before checking, somehow). I'm planning on piecing them back together with some Scigrip 3, however, if that doesn't work out I'll probably go ahead and bite the bullet on these repros. Just want to be sure these will still be available later if the Scigrip fix fails a few months from now.

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

no reason to remove from shapeways unless something happens to Shapeways, but if anything they just get more expensive as a new CEO recently bumped all the prices up across all materials and parts
regular ball eater in blue and black
https://www.shapeways.com/product/6ZQR85GZH/ball-eater-bracket-wico-15-988200?optionId=77385175&li=marketplace
[quoted image]
then a upgraded option which has some larger radii as well as some other areas strengthened up - available in a range of colours
https://www.shapeways.com/product/FK8SWFXJB/ball-eater-bracket-u-wico-15-988200?optionId=82941980&li=marketplace
[quoted image]
trumpy has tested both and was happy with them

Oh awesome, I didn't realize these were just printed on demand. Thanks!

#531 5 years ago

Quick questions about fuses. First off, what type of fuse should be put in the flipper slots under the playfield? I can't seem to find anything on these in the manual. Second, what type of fuse is supposed to go in the F4 slot on the auxiliary driver board? In the manual (The one downloaded from the IPDB) it says it should be 2 1/2 amps, but on the sheet inside the cabinet it says F4 should be 2 amps. Which is right?

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Quick questions about fuses. First off, what type of fuse should be put in the flipper slots under the playfield? I can't seem to find anything on these in the manual. Second, what type of fuse is supposed to go in the F4 slot on the auxiliary driver board? In the manual (The one downloaded from the IPDB) it says it should be 2 1/2 amps, but on the sheet inside the cabinet it says F4 should be 2 amps. Which is right?

Any help? I'm about to order some fuses and I want to make sure I've got all that I need.

Edit: Also, are all the fuses supposed to be slow blows? The manual has them all marked as S-B, but it seems kind of weird to me that there wouldn't be any fast blow fuses. I'm wondering if I'm misinterpreting something in the manual.

#541 5 years ago

My game has these fuse holders under the playfield that are connected to the flippers. Are these factory? I can't seem to find any pictures of the game that have these present.

15504556289732259047991919981741 (resized).jpg15504556289732259047991919981741 (resized).jpg

#542 5 years ago

swinks I was just cleaning up the diverter mech on my Mousin', and I was thinking about the plastic part #03-8090 that it uses. Mine's still good, but I was wondering, is that something you'd ever consider modeling for Shapeways as well? It's a pretty simple piece, and I'm sure there are some people who could use one. Seems to be out of stock everywhere, and it's used in at least four different games. Would be nice for owners to know they'd be able to get a replacement if they have one that breaks.

large (resized).JPGlarge (resized).JPG
#551 5 years ago

Finally got my Mousin' Around cleaned up and ready to play! I bought this a few weeks ago, and cleaned it up (I don't think I've seen anything as dusty as this game was in my whole life). I've had some money set aside for a good deal for a while now, and a friend of mine was selling this for a really good price, so I jumped on it. Even though it's missing the center ramp, it came with LED displays, a Rottendog power supply, and a brand new translite that still has the protective film on it, so I feel it was a really good deal. I'm loving it so far! There are a few quirks that need worked out though.

IMG_20190223_143749 (resized).jpgIMG_20190223_143749 (resized).jpg

First off, the motor isn't working. Obviously it doesn't need to work right now since I don't have the center ramp, but I want to figure out if the motor itself is bad so I know whether or not I need to look for a new one. As far as I can tell the motor is hooked up to everything. My fear is that whoever removed the ramp did something stupid and damaging in an attempt to disable the motor (Instead of just unplugging it), as I found a bunch of bad hacks when I was cleaning it up. (Like, the target bank has been glued and screwed in the raised position. I have no idea why the motor wasn't just unplugged while it was in the raised position...) If I go into the motor test, I can hear the motor relay click, but the motor doesn't budge. Not sure where to start looking.

Another big issue is the left orbit often sends the ball into the right outlane. It was working fine when I played the game before cleaning it and putting new rubbers in it. I found a thread on this last night, but the solution was to replace the yellow post rubber at the exit of the orbit with a black one, but I already have a black one there... Has anyone else come up with other potential solutions?

Currently, the game gives out extra balls for the cheesy bonus like crazy. About every other time. I've changed adjustment 43 (% Ex Balls/Game) to "off" and it still does it. The manual says that this setting should effect the amount of extra balls awarded by the cheesy bonus, so I'm not sure why it's not changing anything. I just had a game where I ended up quitting because I was getting a ridiculous amount of freebie extra balls and it just felt like cheating. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but currently my game is missing the interlock switch. Display says "Mousin' Around 2009 LA1 ID 00" when I go into settings, so I'm guessing this is the earliest ROM available.

Finally, my left display has all of the comma segments lit at all times (Not including the periods). Not sure where to start looking here, as I've never dealt with anything like this. Ultimately it's pretty minor, but I'd love to get it fixed if possible.

IMG_20190223_143820 (resized).jpgIMG_20190223_143820 (resized).jpg

Oh, I also took a picture of the game with all the rubbers in place for people to use as a guide. Hopefully I got everything right! Note that, with a kit from Marco, I ended up with an extra black sleeve and an extra white ring, and the kit was one post ring short. The kit also came with black tapered posts instead of the yellow ones which are factory (At least according to the flyer). I thought maybe the extra black sleeve was supposed to go on the post above the tapered rubber to the left of the center ramp, but that was too tall. Looking at the game's flyer, I saw it had a mini post ring, so I used an extra I had on hand. The other 2 mini post rings that the kit provided went on the center post (which wasn't installed when I took this photo) and the post at the right in/outlane. I'm not sure which size rings go where, but it should be pretty easy to figure out when you try out the different sizes in different locations.

IMG_20190214_135500 (resized).jpgIMG_20190214_135500 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#552 5 years ago

Anybody know what kind of screw is supposed to go here? I've tried a few different sizes, but I can't seem to find one that fits. I also tried using a smaller screw and a few washers to keep everything in place, but that was too big and the ball was hitting it.

IMG_20190303_153006 (resized).jpgIMG_20190303_153006 (resized).jpg
#554 5 years ago

Awesome, thanks!

3 months later
#565 4 years ago

Anyone know the part number for the springs on the solenoids that knocks the traps down? My traps have been getting jammed up a lot lately, and it's because those solenoid aren't dropping after firing. I figured some new springs should help.

#566 4 years ago

Another question, anyone know what's up with my target guide frame? I have a brand new one from Marco, but it doesn't fit. You can see in the pics that the old one had holes in which allowed it to fit, but I'm not sure if that's factory as the whole target mech has been hacked up pretty bad, and this new guide only has the notches. That said, it doesn't seem like the posts that it's supposed to attach to have ever been in the position to fit this piece. There are small pilot holes that line up with the notches in the guide, but it's clear they've never been used. I'm also kind of wary of drilling holes into the the guide to make it fit like the old one because Marco no longer has it in stock and I don't want to ruin it. Are the two posts it's supposed to attach to too close together? Anyone know what I'm missing here?
The old piece. It's broken but it fits.The old piece. It's broken but it fits.The new piece. Not sure how it's supposed to fit.The new piece. Not sure how it's supposed to fit.

#568 4 years ago

Thanks for the photo! Makes me wonder if there's a version of the part with the holes, or if the holes were added post production at the factory. Interestingly the manual describes the part as "Target Guide, Mod." Does the mod mean that it has been modified?

Anyways, I guess I'll go ahead and drill some holes.

Update: Drilled the holes, using the old plastic as a guide. It fits great now!

#570 4 years ago

I'm having an issue with the orbit on my game. About every one out of five times the orbit is shot, the ball will bounce out of the inlane, and more often than not this causes it to go down the outlane. I can't really tell what's causing it to do this. I filmed it in slow motion, and you can see it bounce off of the metal plate, but I'm not really sure what needs to be adjusted as it looks to be positioned the same as on other games I've seen.

Here's the video. You can see the ball drain at 2:48.

IMG_20190629_143711 (resized).jpgIMG_20190629_143711 (resized).jpg

Update: So I think I might have fixed it, or at least greatly improved it. I did a couple things. I think I was able to move the long metal guide between the orbit and the double score lane a little bit to the right, which I think keeps the ball more in line with the in-lane. The other thing I did was raise the one-way gate bracket located right above the plunger lane by sticking some washers under it. The ball bounces off of this gate right before it comes out of the orbit and into the in-lane, and I noticed that it was so low that the ball was popping up into the air when it hit. I raised it a tiny bit just in case. Between those two tweaks, the orbit seems to be much safer now. I played a test game and it worked perfectly every time.

Update 2: Well, I've played some more and the issue isn't completely gone. It's definitely better than it was before, but it still occasionally bounces out. I'm not really sure what else to try at this point because if I wanted to move the guide even further, I'd pretty much have to drill new holes...

#572 4 years ago

My left mousetrap keeps getting jammed up and won't drop unless I take off the glass and pull it back. What happens is the solenoid that pushes it back down sometimes won't retract before the trap pops back up, and this causes the trap to get stuck against the dropper. I tried cleaning and stretching the spring on the dropper solenoid to make it a bit stronger/less likely to get stuck, but I was playing and it just got stuck again. Has anyone else had this happen?

Added over 5 years ago:

Update: I ended up placing a washer between the spring and the solenoid, as it seemed like the solenoid was pulling the rod too far and getting it stuck. I haven't had my trap get stuck since, so it seems like it was a good solution.

7 months later
#609 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Don't be intimidated. I honestly put off tearing mine down for an LED and cleaning job after I got it because it looked like a pain in the ass. The ramps are all pretty big and come off easily, and once those are off you basically have access to everything you need to clean, change rubbers, etc. It took way less time than I thought to do it all. Take lots of pictures and label stuff and you'll be fine!

Yeah, it's not too hard to tear this game down, but you will have to remove the playfield from the cabinet to remove the swoosh ramp.

4 weeks later
#634 4 years ago

No, there isn't any way to use that lock. I'm guessing they were planning on it at some point but decided against it. Kind of a shame, it would have been cool to see all the balls come out of there one after the other, but the mouse trap locks are definitely cooler.

3 months later
#723 3 years ago

Finally got a ramp thanks to @JodyG! I still need the metal parts though. If anyone has some, or even can make some new ones, *please* let me know!

IMG_20200710_153525 (resized).jpgIMG_20200710_153525 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200710_153513 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200710_153513 (resized).jpg

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

So I received the yellow pop bumper caps, but they don't fit. They don't fit at all and even if they did, the screwholes don't match (They are too far inward.)
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8254-16
This is what was on the machine and does fit.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-3713-35
I'm thinking maybe it's possible the bumpers were replaced entirely at some point?

Must be, I have those exact clear yellow bumper caps on my game.

2 weeks later
#737 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I’m reassembly the ramps after cleaning them. I have 2 of these brackets and I believe they go under the blue plastic square pieces near the flippers.
I’m not sure which one goes where and on which side.
Much appreciate any help
[quoted image][quoted image]

One of those goes on the end of each inlane ramp such that it rests against the post on the slingshot:

IMG_20200722_110918 (resized).jpgIMG_20200722_110918 (resized).jpg
#738 3 years ago

Does anybody have any pictures of the center ramp switch bracket and the metal vertical ramp at the entrance? With measurements, maybe? I'm starting to think that I'm just going to have to make my own if I ever want to get my game fully operational.

3 weeks later
#780 3 years ago

Would anyone be willing to take some photos of the center ramp switch bracket (01-9344-1-L) and the metal vertical ramp at the entrance (B-13058 [01-9339-1, 01-9339-2, 01-9340]), possibly with some measurements? Someone has contacted me offering to potentially fabricate the parts for me, but wants to see pictures of the parts. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help out and provide some pics!

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

The vertical metal ramp is on eBay right now.

Wait what?! All I see is a listing for the plastic center ramp without any of the metal parts.

Edit: GOOD GRIEF $200?! Well I found it, but that seems pretty pricey... But I'm also willing to pay it at this point, haha.

1 month later
#798 3 years ago

Could anyone provide a picture of what the wiring for the 3-bank of spot targets looks like on their game? On mine a wire was missing which prevented the 1 target from registering. I tried adding that wire back in to fix it, and I used the manual for reference. It's still not registering though, so I need to compare with someone else's to check whether or not mine is correct.

Here's mine. The wire I added is the white one connecting the 1 target to the 2 target. The manual showed a wire connecting those two, but I suppose the manual could be incorrect, or I'm just missing something else.
PXL_20200928_211335117 (resized).jpgPXL_20200928_211335117 (resized).jpg

PXL_20200928_212053736 (resized).jpgPXL_20200928_212053736 (resized).jpg
#799 3 years ago

Anyone? Not sure where else I could look for a photo of those targets.

#801 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Looks like you hooked the white wire to the wrong tab.
If you look at the 2 & 3 target (which you said are working) the jumper from 1 & 2 should follow the same logic.[quoted image]

That was it, thanks for the help! I misread the schematic in the manual the first time which is why I got it wrong. It seems to be working great now!

#803 3 years ago

Anyone know if there's anywhere I can buy these parts found at the ends of the ramps? I'm missing the ones for the right ramp, and while think I can live without them, I'd like to be able to add them back. At the very least, I'd like to find the plastic wedge piece that is used to support the end of the right ramp, as the ramp bends down a lot without it.

PXL_20201004_201519016 (resized).jpgPXL_20201004_201519016 (resized).jpg
#805 3 years ago

Well, after nearly two years, I've finally gotten enough pieces to get the full Mousin' Around experience! I got a new plastic ramp from @jodyg, I got the metal piece off of that eBay listing (Thankfully I was the only bidder so the price didn't go any higher!), and I replaced the switch with a universal ramp MRS from Sonic (Since I still haven't found the switch bracket). So while I'm still missing a few pieces like the parts that go at the end of the ramp, I have enough to get the game fully functional! It feels like a whole new game now!

PXL_20201010_192100565 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_192100565 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_192115541 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_192115541 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_192138994 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_192138994 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#853 2 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Joined the club. Noticed mine is missing the wire gate and Marcos is out of stock. Any alternative places to get it?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6851

I'd recommend picking up this wire bending starter kit and recreating that part yourself: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-WS-KIT Might be easier than finding someone selling that exact part and it will probably come in handy later down the line.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=mystman12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.