(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If "works perfectly" means "jamming" a chunk of an exacto knife into the assembly and breaking it off to "fix" it, you've got a lot to learn. And your "ignoring" me screams lack of maturity and knowledge that you're giving lousy advice.
OP: Don't listen to Canea's "advice". This assembly and it's CORRECT fix will need to be done in a way that will allow you to power up the pin and test it once you've taken apart the assembly and cleaned it and/or added newer parts, etc. You cannot do this if you're cutting wires, resoldering to test.... then having to cut again, resolder.. etc. Just isn't plausible and is horrid advice.
Unless you wanna jam a piece of metal (ala Canea's approach) into the assembly that doesn't belong there to make it work, I'd suggest pulling out the playfield. Until you try it, you won't understand how much easier it is. I too was apprehensive in doing it. Glad I tried. It's sooo simple. Check out my link above. Same assembly... same position on pf.

I'm not sure you understood what Canea's problem was with the diverter. The problem he described was not with the mech itself, but he had slop in the diverter arm (on the ramp) due to wear. The hole in the arm was rounding out.

In lieu of replacing the arm (is this part even available?), what he did by jamming the exacto blade in is called "shimming" the arm. To me this is an acceptable repair. The arm could be welded or soldered, as another person did, which is also acceptable, but is more permanent and would need to be removed and cleaned up if a replacement part becomes available.

I rebuilt my diverter mech and it works fine. However, the hole in the diverter arm is out of round like Canea's which allows about 1/2" of play. I'm going to try Canea's method to shim the arm.

1 week later
#361 6 years ago

So I tried shimming my diverter arm with an exacto blade, but there was only enough clearance for the tip and it would just fall out with any movement. I managed to put it together with two layers of paper in between and now the arm is solid.

However, I found that most of the play is in the bottom end where the roll pin sits in the slot of the mech lever. I put heat shrink tubing on the roll pin and now it fits snug in the slot. No more play in the diverter.

#364 6 years ago

Beautiful game Ran! I see your post rubber looks different than mine, but I can't see all of them. What do you have at all of the ramp entrances?

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Thanks!
They are the same conical shaped post rubbers that the game came with but found blue ones from a vendor at Pinfest. When shopping a game I like to add post rubbers that match the color of the playfield section they are on to blend into the game better. Hence the blue rubbers at the ramp enterances. I couldn't find red conical rubbers which is why you'll also see yellow ones on some of the other posts.
Also I love that the conical rubber posts prevent the ball from bouncing off the playfiel. Super helpful in Mousin Around since it's a wickedly fast game.

It's funny how much of the playfield is blue, yet with all the ramps and plastics covering it the game looks red and yellow. I'm tempted to put blue bumper caps and skirts in mine to draw more attention to the blue.

3 months later
#391 6 years ago

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'm excited to announce Cliffy now has flipper return frames for Mousin' Around!

Mine were pretty dinged up so I thought I'd order a set of new ones, and I wanted to add more speed and flow by removing the post in the right return lane that slows the ball down on the orbit shot. I was surprised that he didn't have frames with two large lamp holes in them so I sent him my originals and asked if he could make a right flipper frame without the notch for the post.

Cliffy's new Mousin' Around frames. Originals on top.Cliffy's new Mousin' Around frames. Originals on top.

He now offers exact reproductions as well as a custom right flipper frame without the notch if you want that option. They are a perfect fit and the play is awesome! There's no flipper hop with these frames.

Left frame identical to original.Left frame identical to original.Right frame without post to slow ball down.Right frame without post to slow ball down.

Here's a game play video (long) if you want to see them in action.

1 month later
#403 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Can you take a photo of this right post that was slowing down the orbit shots? I see the difference in your photos but I don't recall a post being there. I have to go take a better look at my game...
I am going to check my return lanes tonight and see if I need them.
I did however receive my Mousin' Around Playfield Protector, so I will be tearing down my playfield eventually to install it. Best I check on the Cliffy lanes and get those before beginning, if needed.

Here's a couple of pics of Cliffy's new flipper frames without the ramps in the way. On the right, one pic with the notch and post, one without. You can see the wear caused by the ball bouncing off the post.

IMG_9640 (resized).JPGIMG_9640 (resized).JPG
IMG_9643 (resized).JPGIMG_9643 (resized).JPG
IMG_9641 (resized).JPGIMG_9641 (resized).JPG

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Svend:

Have you linked the backboard flasher to the right flipper button?

I didn't notice that before. I'll have to investigate into what's causing it.

1 month later
#413 6 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

I've been searching for a instruction card for a long time..
now I have created it myself!
for all who also search in vain for a card..
Mike

Awesome......and I needed some. Thanks for posting these!

1 month later
#470 6 years ago

One thing you can do when you have several pics is upload them as normal, then click the '+' sign in each thumbnail in the proper order. It will put a link in your post for each pic and they will be in the correct order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 23.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=dothedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.