(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#486 5 years ago

Does anyone have a rubber ring list for this game?

The manual just list sizes, and not quantities (or locations).

6 months later
#514 5 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Anyone have a guide for where the rubbers go? I ordered a set of rubbers from Marco, but the guide that was included is just a scan of the playfield parts page in the manual, which doesn't actually show the rubber locations. As far as I know, no page in the manual shows where the rubbers go.

I had the same issue, but I ended up just using old pictures to figure out where everything went. For the most part, I think I got it right.

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Airtight, I guess I'll just do that then. I should have enough photos to figure it out.

If you’re missing any photos, let me know.

4 months later
#567 4 years ago

Sorry for my crappy photo. But you can see the two posts do protrude through plastic bracket.

You may need to modify your new one6D378175-38DD-49FE-8EE7-218E6E9BEF77 (resized).png6D378175-38DD-49FE-8EE7-218E6E9BEF77 (resized).png

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Thanks for the photo! Makes me wonder if there's a version of the part with the holes, or if the holes were added post production at the factory. Interestingly the manual describes the part as "Target Guide, Mod." Does the mod mean that it has been modified?
Anyways, I guess I'll go ahead and drill some holes.

Probably the only game that requires the holes in it.

I’ve rebuilt pinbot and whodunnit and they didn’t have it. That’s probably what the mod means.

9 months later
#647 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Does anyone know if late 80's Bally's like Mousin use the same lockdown bars as the William's system 11's? When I look up compatibility, the Bally's seem to merge with Williams around 1989 or 1990, but I can't seem to find exactly which type of bar Mousin uses. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Yes, MA uses a system 11 lockdown bar. You can buy the replacement from Pinball life.

2 months later
#709 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I took another look at the battery holder. It looks like one of the battery holder terminals is corroded, so looks like a replacement may be in order.
Would this replacement work?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RBH073
Would I have to solder the wires from the new unit to the board or can leave the black wires on the board alone and somehow solder the black wires to the new battery holder wires?
Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, the battery holder linked will work. You do not need to remove the connections from the board. Just cut that off at the old battery holder, and attach to the wire on the new holder (observing +/-). You'll probably end up with more wire length than you need, but it shouldn't be an issue.

#711 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Can I use quick disconnects on the wires instead of soldering?

Yes you can.

Quoted from Cmjb13:

Also, does the pictures of the board and battery holder indicate which direction the batteries should be installed on the existing holder.
I confirmed from the battery holder manufacturer that there are markings.

I don't see any markings. But based on your picture, with the Positive and Negative, you can see how the batteries should be put in. The one on the far right (in the picture) should have the flat end of the battery pointing up. then alternate the orientation for the next one, and then again after that.

But if I were you, I'd replace that one so you don't have to worry about it anymore.

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Thanks for the information.
Am I correct in saying that I can power on the machine without the batteries installed, but I would have to set the settings for the machine each time and would lose the high scores?

Yes, that is correct. It will revert back to credit play, which means you'll have to insert coins, or trip the coin switch, to get credits in order to start the game. And all of the settings/scores will be erased each time.

3 months later
#800 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Anyone? Not sure where else I could look for a photo of those targets.

Looks like you hooked the white wire to the wrong tab.

If you look at the 2 & 3 target (which you said are working) the jumper from 1 & 2 should follow the same logic.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
8 months later
#864 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So you wannna Mouse Around ...??

rd[quoted image]

The added cheese wedges in the highly worn spots below the ramp ball drop spot looks really good. You should market those!

1 month later
#875 2 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Hello ladies and gentleman,
I have a MA and when I turn it on I see advance for report and then it tells me to check switch 44 (right ramp enter) except the gate looks to trigger a switch that isnt there...there is a hole for a switch wire but nothing is there.
I thought I read somewhere that there was a planned feature they never implemented but didnt change software to match however I cannot find that post...maybe I m going nuts! Anyways can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

Yes, there is supposed to be a wire connected to the end piece that connects to a switch on the underside of the PF.

Here's a pic I grabbed from someone else's machine:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

There should be two of the white disc on either side of the wire connected to the switch to keep it in place. It looks like you're missing one of them.

1 year later
#1008 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Was that ball left over from a previous game? I though the balls got dumped out at the end of the game.

The machine does kick the balls out of the locks at the end of the game. But it's delayed (maybe 5-10 seconds) after the match sequence. If you start a game before it kicks them out, it keeps it locked, similar to a multi-player game.

Both traps pop up at the same time, if they're empty. If one is not empty, just one pops up, and will sequence with the other. So you must have only locked one ball, which is why you got the "hey over here" callout and it kicked out a ball from that trap. Only other option is faulty switches in the traps?

Quoted from Pinash:

what does spelling million do and how to light the million letter arrows at the ramps?

Spelling million lights the mouse hole for 1M points. The million arrows on the L & R ramps are lit by completing the center bank of stand up targets.

#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Ok, based on the above I must have been starting my games before it got around to dumping the ball.
As for the millions, once the arrows are lit, and the ramp gives you a “millions” letter, do they ramps stay lit for more letters? Or do you need to drop the three center targets again to relight the ramps?

Ramps stay lit for millions. I’m guessing that there is a setting for how long they stay lit (ball, game, etc)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=djblouw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.