(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#354 6 years ago

I just joined the MA club and I am very happy. This game has been on my radar for a while now.

Have there been any hobbyist mods of the ROMs at all? I saw that in a PAPA tournament they disabled the center mech. I guess this is because with the bank down you can just keep looping the center ramp for 100k each time.
I would love it if we could mod the code so that after 5 loops the value plummets to like 10k or 5k. That way the center ramp can still be valuable: worth a kickback relight, 500k on the loops, and then the mouse hole collect. But if you want to get back to it, have to take the risky target bank shots straight up the middle...

Are there any other code exploits that should be tidied up? Certainly would love it if extra balls and specials could be changed to point rewards for tournament play. (EDIT: specials can be set to 100k rewards via adjustment 7, and extra balls can be set to points via adjustment 11, though manual doesn't say the value)

#355 6 years ago

ooooh another question: At the entrance of the right ramp there is a plastic post that kind of mushrooms out at the top. I've been getting a lot of airballs off of this, does that happen for anyone else? Should I try replacing that rubber with something different, or just a fresh one?
The ball flies onto the mouse hole return lane, or sometimes in to the shooter lane.

#356 6 years ago

also: is the mouse trap the kind of thing that could be scanned and 3d printed? Everyone seems to need one.

2 months later
#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Svend:

I wanted to post here asking for advice because I have the exact same issue. Does anyone here *not* have Double Scoring keep showing on the display when you lose the ball during that mode?

I get the Double Scoring issue. Super annoying. When the game is over, and I drained during that, I'll reset the game because it will carry on seemingly indefinitely in to future games.
Doesn't effect scoring, but the display error is annoying.

2 months later
#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You can turn off the 3 bank so it doesnt go up and down. Thats about it to eliminate the repetitive 100k score.

I tried having a ROM modded to disable the 100k center ramp score only but leave everything else, but when I tried the ROMs it didn't make a difference and still scored the 100k.
Someone else please try?

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I'm excited to announce Cliffy now has flipper return frames for Mousin' Around!
Mine were pretty dinged up so I thought I'd order a set of new ones, and I wanted to add more speed and flow by removing the post in the right return lane that slows the ball down on the orbit shot. I was surprised that he didn't have frames with two large lamp holes in them so I sent him my originals and asked if he could make a right flipper frame without the notch for the post.

Can you take a photo of this right post that was slowing down the orbit shots? I see the difference in your photos but I don't recall a post being there. I have to go take a better look at my game...

I am going to check my return lanes tonight and see if I need them.
I did however receive my Mousin' Around Playfield Protector, so I will be tearing down my playfield eventually to install it. Best I check on the Cliffy lanes and get those before beginning, if needed.

3 months later
#415 6 years ago

question about the mouse traps: anyone have any issues with them being aligned such that they get chipped a bit when down? I am seeing that a bit on my right mouse trap.
Anyone know what springs and adjustments are required underneath the playfield?

1 week later
#419 6 years ago

For the mouse trap mechanisms, does anyone know what springs to purchase for replacement? Especially for the smaller solenoid.

4 months later
#474 5 years ago

I installed a Playfield Protector on Mouin' Around. It had to be cut to accommodate the two cheese locks, but that was OK.
I am having a problem with the lip of the protector and the shooter lane, as sometimes it makes the ball bounce and even get stuck in the shooter lane gate. Anyone had more success?

6 months later
#507 5 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Quoted from matt_adams:
do balls ever get locked behind the mouse hole?

Nope.

Saving that for Mousin' Around 2.0 mods

1 month later
#511 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

got my sample ball eater bracket and everything works on the bench, came out at $62.50 USD

let us know how it holds up to much gameplay! Will be great news for the game if this becomes FORMER unobtainium.

1 month later
#522 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

got mine too . gotta be stronger than 30+yo plastic .feels looks good .new plunger/ball catcher(marco) fits nice remember- any machine is only as good as its weakest part , and I reckon I can forget about ball trap probs now

THIS is the pinball future I have been craving! Down with unobtainium, up with getting every machine playing 100%!

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Just picked up the prototype that has been sitting in box for almost 17 years. Original and in perfect condition. Been waiting a long time to find a perfect example and should be here in a few weeks. Might need help with this one, no battery damage as was from collector who removed the batteries, but im sure sitting this long its gonna need fine tuning. Love this game and been waiting a long time to join this club! Anyone know if there are side blades or decals?. If not will put the mirror ones in.

welcome to the club! Any play differences on the proto?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=cait001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.