(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 8 years ago

I agree with the yellow t-molding. I am new to the pinball world, I have recently purchased my 2nd. pinball machine and it happens to be a Mousin Around. .....neither one of the blue plastic mouse trap brackets (ball eater) were broke/cracked until I went to put the playfield back in the cabinet I had removed for some detail work and repairs, I bumped it against the cabinet while trying to set it back in by myself...I knew that was a bad ideal trying to do that myself. Anyway, I could use a ball eater bracket myself now.

#96 8 years ago

How do I go about purchasing these cards? ......I think I saw some similar to these somewhere, did you make those also?

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

You just print them out. They're 4 by 6 so you can print them as photos and trim them.

Oh cool! I just printed them off on 4x6 glossy photo paper. Looks awesome, Thanks!

#101 8 years ago

I'm in the process of cleaning it up and replacing all the rubbers with new flippers, lamps and a few other new parts. I found the other card I was talking about. The cards look good on the machine, thanks again......I am also trying to locate the bottom plastic trim that mounts to the box and the glass slides down in. I don't see it at Marco or other vendors and don't see it listed in the manual for a part#. can someone help me here? I will try and upload pic, thanks

DSCF1959.jpgDSCF1959.jpg

DSCF1960.jpgDSCF1960.jpg

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I have the card on the right. I think I made that. Did you get it from me? Looking nice!

Yes I did.....I am just now finding some really cool ones for my F-14 Tomcat too

1 week later
#114 8 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I think I know what you are dealing with. When you order the post part # from the manual, you get the
10-32 threaded one. It would require the hole to be drilled out a quite a bit bigger. I didn't like that either, so the wood screw one is the answer. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=324 And still I punched out the hole a little bigger. It works great though.

I was wondering what that small hole was for between the flippers.....Does anyone know if some games was produced without that post? because it appears it has never had anything screwed it before (very small clean cut hole)

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I need new cab decals for my MA. Didn't want to buy the Eastern Euro eBay knockoffs, and opted to wait for the ones that were "in process" and coming "pretty soon" according to Rick at PPS, as specifically stated on their "thriving" message board over a year ago. A pretty curt message was posted by Rick to a question about the status of the decals recently:
image.jpeg
In other news, the sky is blue. Shame on me for trying to buy these on the up and up.
Rob
Creditdotpinball.com

I don't see any MA cabinet decals on Ebay.....So, what's the deal with these knockoffs you are talking about? Wouldn't any decals found be considered a "knockoff"?

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

I don't see any MA cabinet decals on Ebay.....So, what's the deal with these knockoffs you are talking about? Wouldn't any decals found be considered a "knockoff"?

An Ebayer from Hungry just relisted a set of MA cabinet decals. I too have been looking to purchase new decals but really didn't have the funds to spare when they had them listed. I'm not sure what "Eastern Euro ebay knockoffs" are, but I am taking a chance...I just purchased them.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Last time I checked, Hungary was in Eastern Europe. Those are the ones I was talking about. Perhaps you can post a review when they arrive with regards to print quality and size. Good luck.

I guess what I meant to say was, Does that mean they are low quality because they are being purchased from Europe? He describes them as being high quality and has 100% positive feedback with no negative or neutral feedbacks. if fact, after reading several of the feedback comments on different pin decal sets he has sold, they seem happy with the product. I am no pinball pro by no means but have dealt with many graphics/decals/wraps and such we have used on our race cars over the years. Yes, I will post my thoughts on them when they arrive.

2 weeks later
#129 8 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Last time I checked, Hungary was in Eastern Europe. Those are the ones I was talking about. Perhaps you can post a review when they arrive with regards to print quality and size. Good luck.

Well I finally got my MA " Eastern Euro Ebay Knockoff" decal set. It wouldn't be fair to say these are low quality, if fact, I think they are pretty damn good quality! I am very pleased with what I am seeing. The color and size is great. they hang over the edge about 1/2" all the way around and the lettering etc. measures out the same as what is on there now.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Well I finally got my MA " Eastern Euro Ebay Knockoff" decal set. It wouldn't be fair to say these are low quality, if fact, I think they are pretty damn good quality! I am very pleased with what I am seeing. The color and size is great. they hang over the edge about 1/2" all the way around and the lettering etc. measures out the same as what is on there now.

DSCF2011.JPGDSCF2011.JPGDSCF2013.JPGDSCF2013.JPGDSCF2012.JPGDSCF2012.JPGDSCF2009.JPGDSCF2009.JPG

#131 8 years ago

Would it be legal If I were to take these to a graphics company and have some made?

#133 8 years ago

Trust me, the red is red, it's just the lighting in my house or the camera. it's dark outside right now or I would take another shot in natural lighting.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

IMO. the red looks a bit "washed out"...the red on my stock cabinet appear to be a deeper red.

I turned the lights out in the house and used the flasher on the camera. does it still look "washed out"?DSCF2014.JPGDSCF2014.JPG

#137 8 years ago

Now this is what I call a "washed out" red.....this is what is on my cabinet now.DSCF2015.JPGDSCF2015.JPG

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Here's a pic of my stock cabinet.

DSC_2248.jpg

Nice looking machine!

#142 8 years ago

I just noticed there is a difference in the yellow star around the start button on the coin door decal....My star (original decals) is like the one on yours indypinhead, but the star on the new decal is different....hummm

#143 8 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#145 8 years ago

I have no experience with replacing decals on wood. blackbeard suggested I start a new thread on these new decals but honestly I didn't have any intentions on doing it myself.....it's a little too late now, I got the heat gun out and removed the right side back box decal (very easy and came off in one piece). On a situation with what I found, should I go ahead and place it on or do something with it? ....-Edited-I guess what I am saying, what should I do here? DSCF2025.JPGDSCF2025.JPG

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've yet to do my first decal job...(I have decal sets for about 10 of my pins).
From what I've read online, you'll need to do a lot of prep work...sanding, bondo, etc.
Everyone says, that's the most important part...all the prep.
Poor prep = a poor finished product.
Do you plan installing dry, or are you going to use the wet method?

According to spec sheets on this type of film I researched, it is for dry only....not sure if that's a good thing or bad

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Jon
If you start a thread and label it something like "mousin cab restoration" you'll get guys posting that do this kinda work.
Here on this thread you won't get that kinda exposure.
That wood looks in good shape.

I kinda messed up blackbeard, when I first got the pin a couple months ago I completely disassembled it to replace the bottom wood in the cabinet. I should of been more patient in finding new decals. instead, I got excited and put everything back together. I'm really not comfortable with doing this and hate making a fool of myself here. I do want to do it right (will still be far from pro) but Ijust might take your advice.DSCF2021.JPGDSCF2021.JPG

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

I agree with IndyPinHead.
The red in particular on those repro decals IS washed out. Comparing the photos of the decals with photos of my Mousin' machines (I have two) that red is pretty bad. I wouldn't use them on my machines. But then again, if your cabinet is really screwed up and faded, torn, ripped, etc. those deals are better than nothing.
I've asked Rick several times about status on Mousin' decals and the last I heard there were some minor issues with getting the colors exactly right. That was over a year ago.
I was lucky enough to have started in the hobby years ago when parts for Mousin' were easy to come by, so I have no maintenance worries, at least with Mousin'. Having the parts catalog on hand helps too. But I still want a set of decals (maybe two sets) to have as ready standbys.

Quoted from swanng:

The red in particular on those repro decals IS washed out. Comparing the photos of the decals with photos of my Mousin' machines (I have two) that red is pretty bad. I wouldn't use them on my machines. But then again, if your cabinet is really screwed up and faded, torn, ripped, etc. those deals are better than nothing.
I've asked Rick several times about status on Mousin' decals and the last I heard there were some minor issues with getting the colors exactly right. That was over a year ago.
I was lucky enough to have started in the hobby years ago when parts for Mousin' were easy to come by, so I have no maintenance worries, at least with Mousin'. Having the parts catalog on hand helps too. But I still want a set of decals (maybe two sets) to have as ready standbys.

Yeah! Maybe you guys are right....I should just throw these piece of syit decals away because they are completely unacceptable! Maybe someday someone will figure out how to print the color RED! How stupid of me to even think they are even close to being acceptable!

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

I would be interested in seeing ur factory produced MA decals on both of your machines so I know what color of RED I need to keep an eye out on in case I find someone who has some factory produced decals. It's amazing to think after all these years your decals hold the same color as they did the day they were manufactured! THATS AWESOME!!!!

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

Comparing the photos of the decals with photos of my Mousin' machines (I have two) that red is pretty bad. I wouldn't use them on my machines. But then again, if your cabinet is really screwed up and faded, torn, ripped, etc. those deals are better than nothing.

.....You are absolutely right swanng! After comparing the photos of your "machines" to the photos of the cheap, low quality decals I was able to find, that is a beautiful red you have there on that machine!

#165 8 years ago

Anybody know what might make the flippers to become weak all of a sudden? It has been playing just fine. I done a complete LED upgrade on it a couple days ago and it played just fine afterwards (other than it being to bright and harder to see the ball(s). I just turned it back on, and now the flippers are very weak, everything else seems fine. ??????

3 weeks later
#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Called them they are sold out.
So I'm looking for a blue mouse trap body if anybody has a spare they would sell. Also looking for a set of slightshot plastic.
please let me know if you can help with ether.

I too was wanting to replace one of my blue mouse trap assemblies (just the blue plastic piece) because I cracked one putting the playfield back in the cab after replacing the wood in bottom of cabinet. I was told by PBR that a Data East Secret Service ball eater was the same thing except it was black plastic instead of blue.....I just found a black Ball Eater for a Data East on Ebay but it looks slightly different. It was reasonable enough so I went ahead and bought it (buy it now). Has anyone used one of these or know if it will actually work in the MA?

ball_eater_mouse_trap_(resized).jpgball_eater_mouse_trap_(resized).jpg

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Looking for the blue body piece or a complete assembly. The black one in the picture above from a data east looks like it would work too.

20160123_130247_(resized).jpg20160123_130236_(resized).jpg20160123_130154_(resized).jpg

Yes, It will work.

DSCF2225_(resized).JPGDSCF2225_(resized).JPG

DSCF2224_(resized).JPGDSCF2224_(resized).JPG

#174 8 years ago

I came out good this time. $9.95 for trap and $9.95 for shipping.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

The tabs are part of the ramp itself. You are talking about the center ramp that has the drop down targets right?
The metal scoop that directs the ball upwards goes on top of the ramp tabs then it screws down to the two front posts.
Here is a picture of mine.
http://www.pbase.com/chadd/image/162402333/original

That's a pretty nice looking playfield on ur MA

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Had these on my phone from my last shop job.

20160109_171505_(resized).jpg20160109_171509_(resized).jpg

Looks like original playfield, Looks pretty good too

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Now I see what's up. I got all the glue off and my ramp screws holes are broke off. I should be able to fabricate some sort of L brackets to fix it.

20160130_204352_(resized).jpg

That same ramp is for sale on Ebay if you don't mind paying about $70.00 for it and shipping.
.....you can at least see what an unbroken one looks like

3 weeks later
#207 8 years ago

Hi tamoore, Would you be able to make a sticker/decal of the image you have on the apron card you made? it's the one on your first post of this thread. About 8 to 10" tall by whatever width looks right with the height. Thanks, Jon

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Anyone have a motor for the drop targets. I purchased one with drop targets, installed assembly fromdifferent game, wires colors don't match up. Finally think I have right combination, but motor just makes noise and nothing happens.

Woody76?

2 weeks later
#217 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I guess I'd like a starting point for the ramps. Like which ramp should be taken out first .. it's kinda hard to tell. I'm thinking the left side ramp

Yes, I left the ramp rollover switches connected to the ramps. I first disconnected the molex plugs (like dozer1 said) under the playfield and the ramps lift right out with no problem (carful working the plugs through the playfield), then you can get to the switches easily to remove them after you get the ramps out.....Not as bad at all as it looks.

#218 8 years ago

?????

#227 8 years ago

Pretty nice looking playfield. did you do the touch up work yourself?

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Finally have my project re-assembled!
Can someone tell me a couple things?
First, I have a length of ground braid coming off the main line of braid near the coin door. Can't really tell what it's supposed to attach to. Can anyone peek inside their machine and tell me?
Second, I feel like the left ramp should screw into the post coming up from my left lane guide, but the geometry of the ramp doesn't seem to agree. Should it? Ie, should I force it?
Thanks!

20160317_225959_(resized).jpg20160317_231006_(resized).jpg

The ground goes right above the three diagnostic bottons inside the coin door and yes that is where ramp secures.

edit: have you tried loosening the other screws/bolts on that ramp and see if it gives any?

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Excellent advice, thanks! My cam is good, but my spring was very soft. I doubled the force of the spring by removing it and hooking back on halfway along the length. The cam then worked, but didn't release great, so I put a little spritz of wd40 on the cam and the diverter is now perfect!
I think I have an idea about the ball gate assy. The traps are always up by default (I think this is correct), and until you've spelled MOUSE TRAP, they just spit the ball back out. Once the words are lit, they hold the ball and drop under the PF. So I'm thinking the only way you can complete the loop is with a ball locked at the left trap. However that's one of the last remaining funky things I have to deal with, the trap doesn't want to rise, thus never has a ball trapped. I bet once I fix that it will all come together.

FYI, the WD-40 will only work a short time before it gets sticky and starts hanging up again, not good for lubing just good for unsticking stuff...just sayin

2 months later
#297 7 years ago

Does anyone have spear coin door parts for a MA?

I am needing the button housing (coin entrance plate) #27-1021.....Pinball Life shows to have this part# in stock but says it is different than the one on MA and will not work?

I also need the coin return bezel and flap #27-1061-1

I took several parts to have powder coated but they accidently ruined these parts.

I would be willing to purchase a complete coin door if I have too....

Thanks, Jon

1 month later
#299 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Anyone know where to get metal side rails for Mousin? Mine are bent in several places. Would love that new shiny look!
Pm me please.
Thanks Eric

Pinballife has them

1 week later
#306 7 years ago

I am posting this pic for another Pinsider because I can't attach it to the pm.
....backglass trim replacement.

DSCF2590_(resized).JPGDSCF2590_(resized).JPG

5 months later
#322 7 years ago

What do you guys/gals think of my new bumper cap mod?
Got them from pinsider: metal-mods
metal-mods.com

.......by the way,
looking for NOS playfield or one equivalent.

DSCF2998 (resized).JPGDSCF2998 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#324 7 years ago
Quoted from PSUTownie:

Much like Krakatoa, I too have finally ended a lengthy search for a MA. I'm thankful the game I picked-up is complete and in good shape overall; however, the cabinet decals are substantially pealing where the legs make contact... is anyone aware of where I could find a complete set of replacements for this title? Thanks in advance!

If you can't find any here in the USA, you might check with this dude here: Ebay user: "italjetdragster50" I got my set from him, there was a couple people here on Pinside said they were junk but I was very happy with them and think they look as good as any MA I've seen.
He doesn't have any listed right now but he knows someone who has these on file and can make them.
Looks like he is out of Albania, His location was Hungary when I purchased mine from him.
He has 100% positive feedback on Ebay.
you might check with him and see what he says.
it took 2 or 3 weeks to get mine once I ordered them from him.
Here's what mine looked like after I got finished putting them on.

DSCF2933 (resized).JPGDSCF2933 (resized).JPG

DSCF2936 (resized).JPGDSCF2936 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#335 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

The mouse trap is VERY hard to find. The same part is apparently used in Data East Secret Service, with a different part number, so you can can improve your odds by searching for that too.

The Data East part number may be different, but the actual part number on the two are exactly the same, it's just one is black and one is blue

3 weeks later
#343 7 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

Mine does the same thing, but only during multiplayer games. I have the most up to date ROM's.

What makes the up dated rom's better than the originals?
Is the game play different or what?

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I haven't figured this one out. I feel like the music is a little different, but not 100%. Mine played solid with the originals, plays solid with the updated ones, I've never noticed any difference.

Yeah, I don't see any point in replacing mine. It ain't broke so I ain't gonna try to fix it.

4 months later
#371 6 years ago
Quoted from Michaelthurston:

Joined the club 2 weeks ago. Picked up this baby for $165 off of offer up. "Completely dead. Won't turn on. Need gone."
It was the main line fuse. No major electrical or mechanical issues.
Here it is after a minor shop/resto job. Pulled the mylar and cleaned everything. new rubbers/flippers/playfield GI LEDs.
This game is so damn fun.

Awesome find!
......But have I got a deal for you Mr.
.....I am here to offer you double right now for what you paid for it!!

#373 6 years ago

Don't tease me like that,
I don't live all that far from you...lol

EDIT: I guess you are further than I thought, I was thinking Dallas which isn't that far from OKC

2 weeks later
#379 6 years ago

Question: what is the difference between LA1 & LA4?
What benefits are there switching to LA4?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=bronco-jon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.