(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackbeard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 8 years ago

Looking to buy a nice mousin' if anyone wants to sell. Also I have a nice wh20 and flintstones I'd trade.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

What do you think an average MA goes for nowadays? Probably looking to move mine soon.

Good question. I'd like to know the same.

#104 8 years ago

Price check?

2 weeks later
#125 8 years ago

Super cool pemberton did that. Really been enjoying his designs. Riverboat, mousin, some of the best.

2 weeks later
#140 8 years ago

Jon you should start a new thread on redoing the decals! I love those kinda threads.

#147 8 years ago

Jon

If you start a thread and label it something like "mousin cab restoration" you'll get guys posting that do this kinda work.

Here on this thread you won't get that kinda exposure.

That wood looks in good shape.

1 month later
#179 8 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

I'm having diverter issues. It tries to close several times after the ball goes in the hole. Sometimes it closes, sometimes it stays open. It sounds like the mechanism is having a hard time catching to stay closed.
I haven't had time to dig into it yet. It seems like the playfield will have to be pulled out a bit to get to it. Anyone have any tips before I begin?
Thanks

Check your manual for that diverter. I'm wondering if it uses that plastic "cam" piece that some others use. If so, it's time to get a new one. It's like a $6 part.

Edit: I checked mousin manual. Looks the same as police force's diverter mech.

#180 8 years ago

This is the likely suspect: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8090

You'll need to pull up your playfield and pull the assembly out to inspect. Likely this cam needs replacing and or the spring that is attached to the cam needs tightening. Easy fixes.

First try cleaning the cam and associated parts. They'll probably be some oil grease and goop in there. Clean it off well. Add a touch of Teflon grease/oil. I used bike chain Teflon oil to my new cam. Fixed my police force diverter (same as mousin).

If that doesn't work, order a new cam, grease it with a drop of Teflon, and reinstall.

#181 8 years ago

Check out this video too:

shows the assembly, etc.

#183 8 years ago

Sorry Canea. I completely disagree with cutting wires here.

I had to pull my police force pf to access the mech. Here is a great link showing how:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-diverter-diagnosis

Pulling the pf really isn't a big deal, and there is a good amount of extra slack to the wiring harness to be able to lean the playfield against the side of the cab.

Don't start cutting wires, etc.. Pull the playfield. Remember, that you can't easily test the mech if you've cut wires!!!! Pulling the pf will allow you to test things AFTER you've made your repairs, as pf is still wired
If you've cut the wires, you now have to rewire/resolder things JUST to test. AND you may have not gotten the assembly fixed yet. (now you gotta cut wires again).

Moral of the story: don't cut wires. Pull pf.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Meh. Way less work to cut and solder 4 wires than to pull the playfield. You can test the mech with your fingers without power. It's only one coil.

Says the guy with a mech that still isn't working correctly.

Takes me literally 15 seconds to pull a system 11 pf and less time to put it back in place. You can't say the same

Cutting wires seems so drastic. And you cannot test with cut wires.

And you can test the mech all you want with your fingers, but as soon as it's powered up your results may vary. Been there done that.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Works perfectly. Thanks. Ignored.

If "works perfectly" means "jamming" a chunk of an exacto knife into the assembly and breaking it off to "fix" it, you've got a lot to learn. And your "ignoring" me screams lack of maturity and knowledge that you're giving lousy advice.

OP: Don't listen to Canea's "advice". This assembly and it's CORRECT fix will need to be done in a way that will allow you to power up the pin and test it once you've taken apart the assembly and cleaned it and/or added newer parts, etc. You cannot do this if you're cutting wires, resoldering to test.... then having to cut again, resolder.. etc. Just isn't plausible and is horrid advice.

Unless you wanna jam a piece of metal (ala Canea's approach) into the assembly that doesn't belong there to make it work, I'd suggest pulling out the playfield. Until you try it, you won't understand how much easier it is. I too was apprehensive in doing it. Glad I tried. It's sooo simple. Check out my link above. Same assembly... same position on pf.

#189 8 years ago

Sweet video. Thanks for posting.

I've anyone is selling I've been looking for awhile!

#195 8 years ago

Cmon. Someone sell!

3 weeks later
#209 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody want to sell one lmk
Thanks

Get in line

#212 8 years ago

Here mousey mousey mousey. Blackbeard is looking for ya!

WTB!

2 weeks later
#213 8 years ago

Well I'm finally in!

Have a question regarding the shop/breakdown on this game. What's the scoop here? Hard? Easy? Some ramps look like their wiring will be tough to route back down into the pf upon reassembly.

Just wondering what everyone's 2 cents is on the shop out

#215 8 years ago

I guess I'd like a starting point for the ramps. Like which ramp should be taken out first .. it's kinda hard to tell. I'm thinking the left side ramp

#219 8 years ago

Right. I know about undoing connectors, but it seems like when putting ramps back on, the connectors will be difficult to weave back down under other ramps and then through the pf.

#223 8 years ago

Pf is full Mylar which isn't bubbled, so not sure I want to risk pulling it. I'd like to clean the dirt lines on the perimeter of the Mylar though. Any thoughts on best way?

Super cool pin. Nothing beats the uniqueness of system 11 stuff.

#229 8 years ago

So a couple questions for the experienced club members:

1. That back hole shot is tough to make. I think my flippers are strong enough, but that perhaps my back legs are too high. Thoughts? Anyone else have trouble with getting the power to make the shot? I'd say like it's 50% makeable, and just barely limps in.

2. Anyone remove mylar? Half tempted for the sole reason being the grime edge of the current mylar. The mylar on now is in great shape with very little bubbling.. but I hate that grime/dirt edge. Risk vs. reward. Anyone freeze it off without art pull?

Fun pin so far.

#232 8 years ago

I'm debating doing it myself, as I've pulled mylar before, or having my guy do it who touches up and clears pfs. I just hate that nasty dirt edge mylar has.

#239 8 years ago

My left side ramp wiggles too around the pops area as there is nothing really supporting it. I think it's just the way it's designed.

Also, where both ramps feed into the inlanes, they're just kinda sitting on the sling plastics. Is this correct? Seems like the designers should've clamped these ramps down better.

#241 8 years ago

Cool. Was wondering if I was missing something.

And there is nothing supporting the ramp above the pop cap either?

#243 8 years ago

ok. Mine is the same.

It's interesting because my eatpm has a ramp that kinda is wobbly too. Same era and manufacturer. Maybe they wanted some play in the ramps to prevent cracks? idk..

#245 8 years ago

No sounds at power up. That's normal. Not even a knocker.

Check settings on the lockout having to do with the center drop target visor. That's what controls kickout.

Congrats!! Pics!!

#246 8 years ago

Comet LEDs!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#257 8 years ago

Your diverter isn't working correctly. It's a common issue on diverters that use the plastic cam. Police force has same issue. I believe if you read through this thread a few pages back (SEE PAGE 4 of this thread), you'll see where I gave instruction on fixing the issue. It's the same assembly as used in police force and will require you to pull out the pf. It's super easy to fix though, and a new cam is readily available.

The upper gate should activate when the ball runs the outter left orbit. It should open to allow the ball to travel to the right inlane. If it's not opening, report back and we'll fix it!

Also please read my fix here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-diverter-diagnosis
it's for the same assembly.

#263 8 years ago

This is correct ^

#267 8 years ago

Guys: I just ledded out my mousin, EXCEPT for the flashers (89s and 906s). I'm now not liking the clash between the incandescent flashers and the gorgeous comet leds everywhere else.

Has anyone ledded a mousin around's flashers without having to modify resistors, etc? I'd rather not have to cut off parts just to led flashers.

Anyone?

#269 8 years ago

Thanks Woody.

Some system 11s need modifications done to the to allow for the use of flashers. However, I've read some do not.

This is one pin that really looks amazing with leds. Well, I'd say that about any pin.. if done right.

1 week later
#280 8 years ago

Pm sent on decals

4 months later
#313 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Still looking anyone out there want to sell theirs?

One popped up on here for 2500 I think in Ohio.

Didn't come with decals, new displays or ball eater though.

1 year later
#480 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Back in the club as of yesterday. My second time owning the game. My old one had a center post and my new one has no post but a hole for one. Should I add it.

no

4 years later
#966 1 year ago

I know it's off on a tangent, but any love from you guys for Road Kings?

I've had it months now and cannot stop playing it. I've owned most system 11s and RK is freakin awesome. It gets ZERO love.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackbeard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=blackbeard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.