(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#669 3 years ago

Just joined the club, a few questions.

1. Center drain post. I understand this was drilled but not installed from the factory. Mine was installed, but I was finding the ball times to be a bit long. I removed it. I don't want to permanently fill the hole in case the next owner wants the post. Is there an appropriate plug? It is a wood thread post.

2. Playfield is pretty well worn. Judging by the condition of the rest of the game I think it was a botched mylar removal. What a shame. Are there any overlays or decals available?

3. Game ROM. What version is best? I breezed through this thread and and saw people going back and forth between a couple official versions, a tournament version (?) and a software mod version (same as tournament?). One of mine is marked Proto3, I'm guessing this isn't the one I want. Judging by the serial I don't think this is a prototype game.

Thanks!

2020-05-23 22.09.46 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 22.09.46 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.44.40 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.44.40 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.44.46 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.44.46 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.44.54 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.44.54 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.45.44 (resized).jpg2020-05-23 21.45.44 (resized).jpg
#671 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Mine looked like yours, maybe even a little worse. Based on the wear, I think mine was a mylar-removal too, but who knows. Mine has like a little rounded black dome/circle filling in the post hole.

Do you still have the game? I'd like to see the plug. Maybe it's something that can be 3D printed? I have the printer but I stink at modeling. This might be an easy project to learn on.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

I am VERY interested in the content of that ROM. Well first off, sometimes these stickers are not correct. So it might be a later software rev. But if it indeed is a very early one it is of great interest. As the game was originally planned to lock balls in the mouse hole (back panel). But this was abandoned in the final version of the game.
What does your game say of rev. on the display when the menu is entered?
When you play multiball, does the game hold (more) balls in the mouse hole at some point?
I assume this mech was for the multiball jackpot (hide in the mouse hole), but it is a guess. I would be great to have it confirmed by early software having a sketch of this implemented.

I don't have a lot of time playing this title, but I watched a video of Bowen playing to get some tips and everything behaves the same way. It does not lock more than one ball in the mouse trap. I did get a slow roller stuck up there once that wouldn't release with ball search.

Th screen reads LA1, looks like the same one a lot of people are running.

2020-05-25 09.31.14 (resized).jpg2020-05-25 09.31.14 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#677 3 years ago

I'm having an issue with the target bank motor. I see 2 parts on Marco, a motor, and a motor with a connector. The only difference appears to be the connector (and a bunch of money). Can anyone verify is this motor will work?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7941-3

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-11571-3

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

What's the issue? Motor won't spin? Spins intermittently? I just worked out a similar problem with my motor. The connector had a bad crimp on one side. Cut the old off and recrimped 2 new terminals and it and has had no issues since then.
You can put it in motor bank test and check for voltage etc.

The motor would work in test, then sound bad, and eventually error and stop. I bought the cheap Marco motor. I will report back if it works.

#680 3 years ago

I can confirm the $31 motor appears to be exactly the same as the $75 one minus the connector. I crimped on a couple round pins, reused the old housing and everything seems to be running perfectly.

2020-06-10 19.47.33 (resized).jpg2020-06-10 19.47.33 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#720 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

The 5 million light was not lighting.
I wiggled the bulb while it was in the socket and it now lights. I had a similar issue with the Diner backbox
I traced the backbox wiring and I don’t see any burnt connections or loose wiring.
Is there a particular wire that controls just the top row of lights?
Could it possibly be a blown fuse?

Not a fuse. If you had a blown fuse it would never work, along with several other things. Sounds like you have a dirty or corroded lamp holder, super common. Sometimes all it takes is wiggling the thing around, maybe you dislodged a bit of dirt or rust. This tool is handy, chuck it in a drill and clean all the sockets when you shop the game out.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=lamp+cleaning
If that doesn't work you can sometimes fix the socket by bridging the base and the tab with some solder, search lamp socket repair or something.
Lastly, you could just replace the lamp socket.

Good luck!

2 weeks later
#733 3 years ago

Sadly leaving the club. I wish I had room (and $$) for all of them!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99696

1 week later
#742 3 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

What are the common settings for Mousin Around in tournaments? I assume no extra balls, what else?
I'd like to set up my game a little more challenging so as not to cheat myself with home settings that are sometimes too liberal.

I think there is an unofficial tournament ROM floating around.

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Regarding the power wall plug...
The ground pin on mine slides in and out. I’ve never seen this before.
Is this normal?

No! Not at all OK! Common problem, and easy fix, but not OK. It's very simple to replace the line cable. I think there is a Vid's guide on here somewhere. If you've done any basic electrical work it's very straightforward.

You could also just replace the cord cap.
https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-515PV-07196000501-Pack-Yellow/dp/B0015P708Y/ref=sr_1_3
Totally acceptable from an electrical stand point. Easier, quicker, and maybe a little cheaper, but it's not original.

Personally I'd put a cord cap on because I have them, tell myself it's a temp fix until I do the line cord, then never actually do it.

1 week later
#763 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

What is the deal with the missing post near the flippers?
Did this come factory installed on earlier models but was removed in later ones?
[quoted image]

Mine had the post installed. Way too easy in my opinion. Don't put it in! Just kidding, do whatever you want with your game. I didn't like it.

2 weeks later
#790 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

So I went to change the flipper bats yesterday. The left flipper went fine. However, the right flipper was kind of weak. Seems to be less snappy. To be fair, it had always seemed kind of "off"
I took a look at the flipper links. The link on the right definitely appears less thicker than the one on the left. I also see a notch on the bottom. Is this notch due to wear or is normal for the part?
Anyways, I know some people would suggest an entire flipper rebuild and I may do that eventually. But since I'm looking a for a quick fix, I ordered replacement Plunger link flipper assemblies. Hoping that will give it some of the strength back. I was told the solenoids were replaced shortly before I purchased it.
[quoted image]

That appears to be a Bakelite link from a much older game. I would do a complete flipper rebuild kit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=Shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.