(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#923 1 year ago

Anyone one have a spare pf in “decent” or better condition they are looking to sell?

4 weeks later
#929 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

MOK so I have a switch matrix issue and an inset lighting issue. I pulled the playfield today to start hunting it down and we’ll…..:.. where are these supposed to go?! Not that the playfield is out of the machine it is likely easier to put these back [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d hate to be that guy, but did you check the manual? Page 2-26 shows which columns of the lamp matrix those go to. Check out each lamp in that column, and you should find the one missing wires.

1 week later
#931 1 year ago

So who outbid me for that populated pf on eBay?

I need a back panel if anyone has an extra. Mine is planked pretty bad.

1 week later
#938 1 year ago

Yeah I’m sure it will be. And likely not cheap

Not really that tough (but pricey): ebay.com link: itm

Just the bracket can be 3d printed here: https://www.shapeways.com/product/FK8SWFXJB/wico-15-988200-u-ball-eater-bracket-u?optionId=82941984&li=shops

2 weeks later
#970 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

What is the thickness of the Mousin Around Hard Top?
does it come rolled up or flat?

They ship flat (hence the expensive shipping costs). Not sure about thickness, but I could measure with calipers tomorrow.

#976 1 year ago

Can someone check the back box and see if the back of it sits flush with the lower cab? I’m repairing the previous “repairs” performed in my machine, and want to make sure I get the fit up correct.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#978 1 year ago

Here are pics of mine. Not quite flush.
Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! I’ll roughly match the overhang of my other pins (less than 1/8”). Does the inside bottom of the back box have these brackets, or was this a “repair”?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#980 1 year ago
Quoted from waymon:

Mine has these brackets. Only reason I know is because I need to do the same repair you are working on. My backbox bottom sags a bit. Please take pics of what you had to do.

I’m trying to take pics as I go. Fixing the bottom of the back box doesn’t seem as challenging as the lower cab. Right now I am gluing/clamping some questionable/delaminating plys at the bottom corner. Once that’s dry and clamps are off, I will confirm the measurements of the bottom panel. Looks to be 27-3/16 x 6-1/2.

I’m not trusting the layout of the bottom panel I ripped off, so I’ll template the holes from the brackets and hinges themselves. Once all that’s done, I’ll glue/nail in place. There as some hideous screw holes on the outside of the cab from the previous repair, so I plan to drill those larger and glue some dowels in. That not only fills the holes but strengthens the joint.

2 weeks later
#982 1 year ago

How many separate GI strings are on the PF? It seems like there are at least a few strings, but the manual only has one GI relay for the PF listed (controlled by Q9)?

1 month later
#987 1 year ago
Quoted from waymon:

how did this end up turning out? Pics?

It came out great! The only spot that didn't come out great is the big opening where all the wires pass through. I cut that with a jig saw, and no matter what I do with straight edges, that damn blade wanders on me! It was actually a pretty simple repair.

The last pic I have on my laptop is the collar that head sits on, just prior to glue up. I'll have to check my phone to see what else is on there...

IMG_0710 (resized).JPGIMG_0710 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#1005 1 year ago

Can someone fill me in one a couple items in the code? I was causally playing a lot of Mousin and sort of just zoned out. The games started to just blend together, I locked what I though was the second ball (the other trap was down already) but instead of starting multi ball, the gi dimmed and played a call out “hey over here” and released a ball from the already down trap. Single ball play continued until I locked that ball. I was in a single player game. Was that ball left over from a previous game? I though the balls got dumped out at the end of the game.

Second question, what does spelling million do and how to light the million letter arrows at the ramps?

#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from djblouw:

The machine does kick the balls out of the locks at the end of the game. But it's delayed (maybe 5-10 seconds) after the match sequence. If you start a game before it kicks them out, it keeps it locked, similar to a multi-player game.
Both traps pop up at the same time, if they're empty. If one is not empty, just one pops up, and will sequence with the other. So you must have only locked one ball, which is why you got the "hey over here" callout and it kicked out a ball from that trap. Only other option is faulty switches in the traps?

Spelling million lights the mouse hole for 1M points. The million arrows on the L & R ramps are lit by completing the center bank of stand up targets.

Ok, based on the above I must have been starting my games before it got around to dumping the ball.

As for the millions, once the arrows are lit, and the ramp gives you a “millions” letter, do they ramps stay lit for more letters? Or do you need to drop the three center targets again to relight the ramps?

1 month later
#1017 1 year ago

I find this game absolutely brutal with the outlanes. I made 2 modifications to my Mousin Around today. You may find these blasphemous so if you’re easily triggered move on now
1) added a center post between the flippers. Was already set up for it and just had a plastic plug in the hole.
2) opened the right rail so the ball can be nudged back into the shooter lane from the right outlane.
For the record, neither of these have improved my play.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

To each their own, but I am surprised yours is so tough. Mine has no center pin and the smaller, regular sized, flippers and the balls still stay in play forever.

1 month later
#1028 11 months ago
Quoted from waymon:

I dropped off my board to post office this morning. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too entirely long for something that will work.
Very simple board but not obtainable. Interested to see what comes out of the oven and look forward to contributing to keeping these things alive and kicking.
[quoted image]

Since this board is basically just holding the switches, the diodes could be moved right to switch lugs, and the board could be replaced with a 3d printed bracket.

2 months later
#1034 9 months ago
Quoted from dj10bear:

Mousin Around - left mouse trap captures ball and then immediately pops back up spitting it out (instead of keeping it locked) I have checked all switches in test mode and they all register correctly. no errors on start up. I cannot find a shorted or broken wire (yet). What is the best way to start looking?
I have the switch matrix chart but do not know if i should be looking at the row, column, or both ?
Also, what switch is getting tripped making the ball pop back up?
"Trap 2 UP/ Down" switch or "Trap 2 ball" switch?
[quoted image]

Any chance there is an adjustment to not lock the ball?

2 months later
#1045 7 months ago

Mousin killed it at Pintastic.

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpegFFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 23.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=Pinash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.