(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#837 3 years ago

I'm in the club now, so you guys will be getting all 4 ramps remade this year. My test mule has 4 perfect ramps in it. Stay tuned!

20210213_080935 (resized).jpg20210213_080935 (resized).jpg
#839 3 years ago

I have to say, I underestimated this game...its actually pretty fun. I have an unconventional list of favorite System 11 games, and this one ranks right up with the top 3-4 for me. I will probably hang onto it for a bit. My machine appears to have been wired incorrectly from the factory. The motorized target set in front of the center ramp had the #1 and #3 target wiring reversed...I couldn't figure out why it took a bunch of hits to make it drop. I wound up just switching pin locations in the plug. Works like a charm now. Waiting on some parts to come in...but I was able to successfully install a new center ramp and Zip ramp in the machine yesterday. Currently contemplating how I will make the Swoosh ramp mold....stay tuned.

#840 3 years ago

Starting to get there! 2 new ramps installed. Bulbs swapped out- every single flasher in the game was burned out. Most of the star posts were disintegrating, and one of the pop bumper housings self destructed. Also replaced missing switch targets on the right side with the proper 3d translucent yellow versions. Have to do the left side next. My Titan rubbers have been stuck in the Texas apocalypse all week, so ill make do for now. Yes, that is a LW3 sling plastic that some operator repurposed onto this application. It actually doesn't look too terrible!

20210219_213659 (resized).jpg20210219_213659 (resized).jpg
#842 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFan81:

Good to hear someone is making new ramps for my favourite pinball
Have you also recreated the decals?
Michael

I do not do anything with decals due to copyrights. But you can usually reuse the old ones easily.
https://rampomatic.com/blogs/tutorials/how-to-reuse-decals

2 weeks later
#844 3 years ago

Zip ramps are available now. International customers- Marco will have some available late next week if you want to combine shipping.

https://rampomatic.com/collections/bally-williams-ramps/products/copy-of-williams-mousin-around-zip-ramp

4 weeks later
#846 3 years ago

It's coming soon!! I have to do some minor fine tuning on the mold, and this one will be available. You can sign up here to be automatically notified when this ramp is available.
https://rampomatic.com/collections/bally-williams-ramps/products/williams-mousin-around-zap-ramp-back?variant=39510625616055

20210410_162249 (resized).jpg20210410_162249 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#847 2 years ago

Going to be shipping the first round of Zap ramps tomorrow/Monday. I have a few listed in my store...so you can order now if you wish. Don't panic if they show sold out, more will be added.

Customers outside the USA/Canada, please PM me for a shipping quote...do not try to check out with a US address and ask me to change it later. Thanks!

https://rampomatic.com/collections/bally-williams-ramps/products/williams-mousin-around-zap-ramp-back

4 months later
#880 2 years ago

This is some great news- Marco now has the decal sets available for Mousin' Around! https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1521-2009XX

Now you don't have to swap over the old ones on to the new ramps.

1 month later
#889 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Can anyone post some pictures of their mouse hole diverter? My arm is a little loose and causes it to move slightly "open" and sometimes the ball will hit the point circled in pink and the ball will kick back down the ramp. The arm needs to be more on the blue line to keep the flow correct. I can manually move the arm to this position, but since it's loose it'll move back once a ball hits it during play.
[quoted image]

I am actually going to be pulling mine apart tonight to see if it is the shaft that is loose or the hole through the black diverter arm. If it is the arm, I am going to get some new ones laser cut this week.

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Also, if you wouldn't mind a little explanation of how you removed the arm? Did you have to remove the playfield go get to it? In a rookie at this and definitely have never taken a playfield out before...

Just got mine out. Mine wasn't quite as bad as yours, but it was wobbly. The "D" shaped cutout in the arm was getting loose, so ill be getting some new ones laser cut this week. I'll let you know when I have them done. Removal is a bit of a pain. You'll need to take the e-clip and circling off the top side. Under the playfield, remove the bracket holding the entire coil assembly. This will allow you to drop the shaft down enough to get that arm off.

#894 2 years ago

Here is a photo of the upper diverter assembly for posterity. This image is not in the regular machine manual. I have some pieces coming in the next week to test fit, and will make them available once I know they work.

Mousin Diverter Assy (resized).JPGMousin Diverter Assy (resized).JPG
5 months later
#908 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Curious what fixes those issues since I own a Mousin. Fun game and good luck.

I have to take the backboxes off each game to put them in my basement and take them out again. Even though the game tested okay when I took it out and put it back together last week, something must have happened during the trip to the show with being in the back of a UHaul and PA's glorious roads, I'm guessing. The plug that plugs into the mouse hole area behind the playfield, visible through the access hole leading from the back of the cabinet to the backbox had a thru-wire break off that IDC plug so only half the wire was still connected to the IDC. I made a manual splice here, but it needs to be soldered and shrink wrapped to make a permanent fix. I didn't have the ability to do this at the show unfortunately. That one wire (yellow/purple I think) broke an entire row/column in the switch matrix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 23.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=JodyG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.