(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#244 8 years ago

I'm in .....Blackbeard! One day In and lots of questions????
First- Unwrapped machine from ship in, wish I could have found one local. Inspection took about an hour, I look at everything, connections, boards, fuses, etc..
First click at power-up...knocker went off once, hasn't done it since, maybe 20 power ups in..any ideas on the oddity???
Second- kickback on left lane, don't know if it's broken or what, but hasn't worked once, broken or a challenge or something to hit before it lights up and works??
Great game, love the music.

#247 8 years ago

That looks nice Blackbeard. Mine came with a train wreck of Led's, will work on it this week and fix some bad choices in color. Will do backglass tomorrow. Sadly game came Thursday morning, I left for work, home late, to loud to play. So I'm less than 10 games into it!
Gone all day today....
I want to play......

#248 8 years ago

IMAG2233_(resized).jpgIMAG2233_(resized).jpg

IMAG2237_(resized).jpgIMAG2237_(resized).jpg

IMAG2232_(resized).jpgIMAG2232_(resized).jpg

IMAG2242_(resized).jpgIMAG2242_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#273 8 years ago

Loving my Mousin Around! I only get the kicker to work once in game play on left drain. How do you reactivate it? Looked through manual for a setting, perhaps on an easier mode? It works, but only once per game.
Those darn mice! Ha ha ha ha, laughing at me.

#275 8 years ago

Thanks dozer! Got your message. Your welcome and those did get there fast. I personally handed it to my guy on Monday at 3pm pacific time. Less than 48 hours to MN. Wow.

Quoted from dozer1:know hitting the center loop 3 times lights it. Just getting the 1-2-3 targets does too I think.

Not the one two three in order, tries that. But admit, not sure if I have it center ramp three times in a row. Maybe take glass off and cheat by hand. I have a few bulbs to swap around anyway.

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

On mine, relighting it requires three center ramp shots.

Quoted from dozer1:

^^^ That seems right. It is the only way I can light it too.

Well, of course yout both right.
And indeed, hitting the 1-2-3 is a killer down the middle. I put some super bands on, yellow, and now the pin is harder. Added speed to ball espeacilly to the 1-2-3. Its so fast i can barely see it drain sometimes, well at least 2 of a 3 ball game.

3 months later
#298 7 years ago

Anyone know where to get metal side rails for Mousin? Mine are bent in several places. Would love that new shiny look!
Pm me please.
Thanks Eric

#300 7 years ago

Thanks Bronco-Jon. That's one I didn't check.
I was at Cal Extreme pinball show this past weekend. Playing that Mousin at show I noticed it made more music than mine at end of ball and adding up total.
Is there an updated sound roms for this pin???
I don't see them on eBay.
Any ideas?
Thanks Eric

1 week later
#303 7 years ago

What sound roms does everyone have in mouse? I have had the rare opportunity to have two mice side by side for a couple weeks. It wasn't even a minute when we discovered how different the sound track is on these two.
End of ball music different, multi ball wind up before shooting, there are many .
Also curioss if everyone is at L-4 game code and reviews of that if you changed out from L-1.

1 week later
#308 7 years ago

I'll try again. Has any Mousin owners changed or upgraded there speech and music roms?
In doing so, I actually lost some music. Trying to figure it out. Thinking its in the game code rom, not the audio roms after upgrading to L-4.

#310 7 years ago

Building info, will update with pictures and video in couple days. Swamped right now.

1 month later
#319 7 years ago

One of her favorites! Mine too!

IMAG3382 (resized).jpgIMAG3382 (resized).jpg

11 months later
#386 6 years ago

You can turn off the 3 bank so it doesnt go up and down. Thats about it to eliminate the repetitive 100k score.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

By turning it off, does it take away anything else from game play?

Trying to remember . Game gone a year now and very mad i sold it. I think it would also advance millions score on backboard. But the outer loops do that to.

2 months later
#407 6 years ago

Looking for slingshot plastics. Please pm me.

1 week later
#411 6 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I'm in the club!

Thats funny...took me a moment....

1 month later
#431 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

Ok, brand new to pinball so I have one light out it’s the second “e” in cheese, doesn’t affect game play and is an, led bulb which is good. How would I go about fixing it? I need detailed instructions. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanns

If its an led, just reseat it, little wiggle, leds can be a tricky in these older system 11 games. Sometimes i take a toothpick and pull contact wire on bulb out a little, so wires are tight inserted, this applies to wedge based 555 bulbs.

5 months later
#484 5 years ago
Quoted from Wisker:

Mine still has the aa batteries, what are my options for eliminating them? Links?

You can just remote batterie the cpu. Device with dummy batteries and terminals and you velcrow to side, and wires go to it. I have several if you want one. You will have to wait a few days till i get home. I can send pics then to. At airport checking pinside. I love that pinside is global!

1 month later
#488 5 years ago
Quoted from phltolax69:

I'm looking for a replacement set of ramps for Mousin' Around. Does anyone have any to sell or know where I can buy them?

Thats a very good question!
Let me know if you find Two sets.

2 months later
#490 5 years ago
Quoted from Erwinver:

i am a new proud owner of a former used MA. Been doing LEDs today.
Got a question: how do i reach/replace the light in the toplevel of the playingfield (million letters ad jackpot).
I cant reach them, not thru the backboxdropping and trying to reach them there and not when uplifting the playfield.
anyone a got tip?

Backboxdropping??
I think this is what i was going to suggest.
Lower head(top) down to playfield, Now you may more room.
I had to remove playfield on BTTF to do the back panel. May be same here.

7 months later
#564 4 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Mousin' Around Plastic Partial set. 9 pieces. 8 New, One used clear with tape residue. These were never used (8) from a Marcos set from 3 years ago. There a few minor flaws visible...”
2019-06-12
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 113 times

4 months later
#574 4 years ago

Back in the club Again!
But, I need help.
Need a picture of center ramp switch, my wire doesn't touch it. May be broken, not sure.
I also need the ball gate for the swoosh ramp. Found a thread about it, but marcos is sold out. I have the wrong one floating in space.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swoosh-ramp-ball-gate-assembly#post-5178874

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

[quoted image]

Omg, Thank you so much.
But, could you zoom out so i can see how wire touches it.
Based on that pic, i think it has the wrong wire gate. Mine doesnt touch it, or a chunk has broken off.
Thank you again!

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I’m being lazy and leaving the glass on. Let me know if this still doesn’t quite work out.[quoted image]

Wow, Yes it does help. Thank you again.
My switch actuator is pointing strait up in the air. Maybe that chunk broke off(the bend around wire). I will see, looks like I need a new actuator, or switch.

3 months later
#602 4 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

I went ahead and created two kits on Titan's website for future use. One kit has standard white rubber and red flipper rings. And another kit with all yellow rings, black flipper rubbers, black shooter tip and black standard post sleeves.
Hope this helps anyone else with their rubber battle. And yes... the list in the manual was terrible. I had to use my game for reference.
P.s. I didnt include the grommets that go under the playfield coils where the plunger rests on pop bumpers/ upkickers. I dont think Titan makes them.
-Steven

You should post the link. Thanks for making the list.

2 months later
#661 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Good to know! Thank you!

I have 2 roms at top. I'm missing 3rs one on right. All others match. Game plays fine.

I really need the right swoosh ramp switch if someone has a spare? Mine is a Frankenstein hybrid bracket that floats one one side.
Just spent 4 hours fixing, cleaning and enjoying game today.

2 months later
#722 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I took another look tonight. The sockets were pretty clean. I noticed that the corner wire going to the top row was slightly off. A simple touch and it was totally separated.
A little bit of solder and the lights work![quoted image][quoted image]

These type's of problems makes this hobby fun.
Rewarding to find the problems.

3 weeks later
#750 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I sell the repro and modded versions of the ball eater brackets but do have 1 x NOS Ball Eater Assembly with the screws for $150AUD + postage
send a pm if interested
have some other rare things on my thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-pinball-parts-mods-and-shirts-by-swinks/page/2#post-5775058
[quoted image][quoted image]

PM Sent!

Still looking for a Swoosh ramp Ball gate with the cheese sticker on it on the upper right ramp. Got a Spare?? Please Pm me.
Thanks
Eric

#759 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I have a small piece of Mylar on the left rerun lane that is peeling. It’s peeling enough where the ball gets stuck on it.
What is the recommended way to address this?
Thanks

Quoted from Ranhorton:

I’ve never tried it but I hear you can sometimes reactivate the adhesiveness by using a hairdryer to heat it up.
I defer to others who have tried this to confirm if it works or not.

First, no offense, I hate the hairdryer trick. Really only work if its not old. You can melt plastics unless your playfield is stripped.
Ive used contact cement on hanging corners of mylar, or a good 1 inch peel up. But the problem again is the old mylars.
These are most likely home games. I had to finally remove the left sling mylar. I dont see me playing 3000 games of mousin to do any damage with the light wax i keep on playfield.
You can also surgically remove all mylar flaps with an exacto knife too. Use cold spary to make it hard and cut away.

1 week later
#770 3 years ago

CENTER POST UPDATE!!
I have been told on very, very good authority from factory years ago....
The center post was a Europe thing. Distributors in Europe wanted game times to last longer. Many games from this era have the clear plug (opaque) between flippers.
I've had a factory center post on a re-import as well to verify this.

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Thanks for the update. If it left the factory without it, that’s how I’ll leave it

What's crazy about the euro distributor thing is these are the same people that wanted lightning flippers on Fish Tales.
Also having had 3 MA's the one that had the post was and is, just as hard without it. Ball would barely ever hit it.

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Man, you upped me, Eric! Im on my second! First one had a post. When my kids were young, I put an oversized rubber on it!
Ill concede to your 3!
You sure you dont have a beat up ramp laying around?

I don't Art, Sorry. What really sucks is after I moved the second mousin' I sold off a plastic set, center ramp, and more.
Then this popped up last year and I couldn't say no. I almost needed everything i had sold off. Luckily got the center ramp from Jody.
This game keeps sucking me in.

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Found a switch gate that works for the right ramp. Just moved one side forward to attach. Works
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent.

1 week later
#786 3 years ago

Ya, Australian ebay, took me forever to find it too.
Dont need one thank goodies.
Jody's ramp set me up.

2 months later
#816 3 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

Thought i'd share the final coin eject buttons. I think they turned out pretty good. filamentprinting
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great Work!!

7 months later
#858 2 years ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

Does anyone make the ramp decals anymore? I need a complete set.

Same here. Jody's new ramps deserve new decals.

1 month later
#873 2 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Hello ladies and gentleman,
I have a MA and when I turn it on I see advance for report and then it tells me to check switch 44 (right ramp enter) except the gate looks to trigger a switch that isnt there...there is a hole for a switch wire but nothing is there.
I thought I read somewhere that there was a planned feature they never implemented but didnt change software to match however I cannot find that post...maybe I m going nuts! Anyways can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

Humm, send a pic if you can.

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Hello ladies and gentleman,
I have a MA and when I turn it on I see advance for report and then it tells me to check switch 44 (right ramp enter) except the gate looks to trigger a switch that isnt there...there is a hole for a switch wire but nothing is there.
I thought I read somewhere that there was a planned feature they never implemented but didnt change software to match however I cannot find that post...maybe I m going nuts! Anyways can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

That hole is a working switch.
You are indeed missing the arm that goes beneath playfield. The switch would be attached underneath.
Wire missing is about 3 1/2 inches long.
Check bottom of cabinet, maybe slid to qay back in moving pin, or stuck to magnet.

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

There was spinner like switch mounted under playfield with metal wire to attach to gate. Thanx for your help.

Glad you found it!
What sucks for me is I'm missing that gate with cheese decal on it.
I've managed to hack it with another gate and wire. But, if anyone has one(Cheese Gate) I'd love one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome?tu=Ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.