(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.
#401 6 years ago

Hi,
i am searching for cabinet Decals to rebuild my Pin. Anyone have grafics to print ?

thx Mike

1 week later
#402 6 years ago

Got a chance to buy a decent Mousin for 1700.
I never played it. This will strain my budget ......buuuut. well

1 week later
#403 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Can you take a photo of this right post that was slowing down the orbit shots? I see the difference in your photos but I don't recall a post being there. I have to go take a better look at my game...
I am going to check my return lanes tonight and see if I need them.
I did however receive my Mousin' Around Playfield Protector, so I will be tearing down my playfield eventually to install it. Best I check on the Cliffy lanes and get those before beginning, if needed.

Here's a couple of pics of Cliffy's new flipper frames without the ramps in the way. On the right, one pic with the notch and post, one without. You can see the wear caused by the ball bouncing off the post.

IMG_9640 (resized).JPGIMG_9640 (resized).JPG
IMG_9643 (resized).JPGIMG_9643 (resized).JPG
IMG_9641 (resized).JPGIMG_9641 (resized).JPG

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Svend:

Have you linked the backboard flasher to the right flipper button?

I didn't notice that before. I'll have to investigate into what's causing it.

2 weeks later
#405 6 years ago

OK I just got a mousin.
So far very fun and the ramp shots are highly satisfying.
Is the ball supposed to get stuck on the top of the targets when lowered, I was actually going to fix that.
The next is I think the scoring is unbalanced. 100000 each time to go over the lowered target and up the front ramp. I can earn 5 million plus just hitting that shot over and over.

2 weeks later
#406 6 years ago

Looking for playfield, my mousin around pf is bad. Purchased from a guy had it for 15yrs and never cleaned or waxed the PF. All plastics and art are in really nice shape, the paint so much fadded and worn off on PF. This is a pic after i cleaned it.

Mousin (resized).jpgMousin (resized).jpg

#407 6 years ago

Looking for slingshot plastics. Please pm me.

#408 6 years ago

anyone scanned the playfieldparts that always are damaged (above the playfield and the side lanes ?)
have to rebuild this areas...

thx Mike

1 week later
#409 6 years ago

I've been searching for a instruction card for a long time..

now I have created it myself!

for all who also search in vain for a card..

Mike

Karte_rechts Kopie (resized).pngKarte_rechts Kopie (resized).png

Karte_links Kopie (resized).pngKarte_links Kopie (resized).png

#410 6 years ago

I'm in the club!

IMG_7605 (resized).JPGIMG_7605 (resized).JPG

IMG_7602 (resized).JPGIMG_7602 (resized).JPG

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I'm in the club!

Thats funny...took me a moment....

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

OK I just got a mousin.
So far very fun and the ramp shots are highly satisfying.
Is the ball supposed to get stuck on the top of the targets when lowered, I was actually going to fix that.
The next is I think the scoring is unbalanced. 100000 each time to go over the lowered target and up the front ramp. I can earn 5 million plus just hitting that shot over and over.

I put some thicker post rubbers at the ramp entrance that make the shot slightly harder. Some have used rebound rubbers which I've tried, but trimming them to size sucks, they look ugly and in my experience cause air balls and make the game just less fun. Maybe I trimmed them wrong.

-Doug

IMG_0538 (resized).JPGIMG_0538 (resized).JPG

IMG_0539 (resized).JPGIMG_0539 (resized).JPG

IMG_0540 (resized).JPGIMG_0540 (resized).JPG

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

I've been searching for a instruction card for a long time..
now I have created it myself!
for all who also search in vain for a card..
Mike

Awesome......and I needed some. Thanks for posting these!

1 week later
#414 6 years ago

Just updated to the led kit from marco, make a huge difference in looks. While in there i cleaned and eaxes pf and installed all new rubbers throughout.

Question i have if someone could answer it is the ball diverter never does anything. I tested it in service mode and it works, its tight and locks when manually pulled out and releases good. If it works in solenoid testing it should work in game right? Is there something im missing?

20171226_194928 (resized).jpg20171226_194928 (resized).jpg

#415 6 years ago

question about the mouse traps: anyone have any issues with them being aligned such that they get chipped a bit when down? I am seeing that a bit on my right mouse trap.
Anyone know what springs and adjustments are required underneath the playfield?

#416 6 years ago

Installed evo led bumper rings and metal-mods decals to bumpers. Nice upgrade and easy to install. Before and after pics.

20180102_174343 (resized).jpg20180102_174343 (resized).jpg

20180102_175336 (resized).jpg20180102_175336 (resized).jpg

20180102_181834 (resized).jpg20180102_181834 (resized).jpg

20180102_182719 (resized).jpg20180102_182719 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#417 6 years ago

Just joined the club and man is this a great game or what?

somebody before me (before the previous owner too) did a fantastic job with cointaker LEDs in mine -

really like the handful of RGB LEDs in the million letters and arrows, and in the double playfield insert. it looks even better in person than in the video!

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from gr3yh47:

Just joined the club and man is this a great game or what?
somebody before me (before the previous owner too) did a fantastic job with cointaker LEDs in mine - » YouTube video
really like the handful of RGB LEDs in the million letters and arrows, and in the double playfield insert. it looks even better in person than in the video!

Yea i really like playing it, leds makes it that much better, really one of the best mods for a pin. I have put leds in 3 of mine, just got two more pins to go.

#419 6 years ago

For the mouse trap mechanisms, does anyone know what springs to purchase for replacement? Especially for the smaller solenoid.

#420 6 years ago

Just delving into a Mousin' Around I bought a few months back and have a few questions about the ruleset. Is there any way to raise your jackpot aside from spelling C-H-E-E-S-E and shooting the mouse hole? Thinking I might have a switch error somewhere... Often when I'm playing I'll notice my jackpot is higher than 1M, often 1.5M or 2M, before I've spelled cheese and shot the mouse hole.

Also, after your first multiball, do the spot letter inserts illuminate and change from left inlane to right inlane on a switch hit? I thought I noticed mine bouncing around from inlane to inlane while playing yesterday. Need to investigate this further...

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from MGMPIN:

Just delving into a Mousin' Around I bought a few months back and have a few questions about the ruleset. Is there any way to raise your jackpot aside from spelling C-H-E-E-S-E and shooting the mouse hole? Thinking I might have a switch error somewhere... Often when I'm playing I'll notice my jackpot is higher than 1M, often 1.5M or 2M, before I've spelled cheese and shot the mouse hole.
Also, after your first multiball, do the spot letter inserts illuminate and change from left inlane to right inlane on a switch hit? I thought I noticed mine bouncing around from inlane to inlane while playing yesterday. Need to investigate this further...

Anyone have any insight about the ruleset?

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from MGMPIN:

Is there any way to raise your jackpot aside from spelling C-H-E-E-S-E and shooting the mouse hole? Thinking I might have a switch error somewhere

I think you raise the jackpot by hitting the flashing lane for the skill shot.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from MGMPIN:

Anyone have any insight about the ruleset?

Completing the skill shot also raises the jackpot. And yes, after the first multiball the spot letter inserts move around to make completing MOUSE TRAP more difficult.

-Doug

#424 6 years ago

Awesome! Looks like all is well - Darn mice... Thanks tamoore & halflip87

1 week later
#425 6 years ago

Just got this game as my first pin, love it. Have a question though anyone repair or replace the center drop targets? Broke the plastic face piece on one of the three last night.

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

Just got this game as my first pin, love it. Have a question though anyone repair or replace the center drop targets? Broke the plastic face piece on one of the three last night.

I just replaced one last week. Look up Vid's guide to replacing target faces. It has very good step by step directions how to do it. This one's a little different because it's a three bank and they're wired together but still same process. Mine was an end one so I was able to do it by taking the whole assembly out and just undoing the one switch, hanging it off the side and replacing the face all without de-soldering anything.

#427 6 years ago

Are they supposed to be round or rectangle?

#428 6 years ago

Rectangle which were tough to find. I found them at Marco Specialties. If you go on website and search by game, they are the same ones used on Attack From Mars. They don't come with new rivet though. I had to pick that up at a hardware store.

#429 6 years ago

I got some boards for sale that where originally in a mousin around
They are untested
Right display is missing,left display looks very good but i cant test it
$225

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#430 6 years ago

Ok, brand new to pinball so I have one light out it’s the second “e” in cheese, doesn’t affect game play and is an, led bulb which is good. How would I go about fixing it? I need detailed instructions. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanns

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

Ok, brand new to pinball so I have one light out it’s the second “e” in cheese, doesn’t affect game play and is an, led bulb which is good. How would I go about fixing it? I need detailed instructions. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanns

If its an led, just reseat it, little wiggle, leds can be a tricky in these older system 11 games. Sometimes i take a toothpick and pull contact wire on bulb out a little, so wires are tight inserted, this applies to wedge based 555 bulbs.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

Thanns

Run a jumper from another bulbs negative that is blinking by the means of ground then you can eliminate that the bulb is seated correctly if it lights. If it blinks then its seated good, that letter is part of the lamp matrix so then you need to start there. If lights on that lamp matrix not working check the last lamp that is, if all working but the one then socket maybe issue. Here is the site to get your tech chart tells you what you need.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/tech_charts.htm

#433 6 years ago

Ok got a spare yellow target kit from Marcos B-14060-16, Wired it up and it didn’t work. I put the old one back and it worked fine, did I miss something? It looks different than the old one? Is the best thing to do just return these and then try to re rivet?

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

Ok got a spare yellow target kit from Marcos B-14060-16, Wired it up and it didn’t work. I put the old one back and it worked fine, did I miss something? It looks different than the old one? Is the best thing to do just return these and then try to re rivet?

Those are the side targets which are more three dimensional. The center targets are flat and rectangular. I would just rivet a new face on the existing switch. It's really not that hard to do.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

They are straight forward install, basically the ball hits the target and it makes a circuit. Did you make sure the switch contacts were adjusted correctly and the wires connected same contact on the switch as the old one?

#436 6 years ago

If you are using your existing switches, the Marco part number is 03-7264-4 for the faces.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from Wisker:

They are straight forward install, basically the ball hits the target and it makes a circuit. Did you make sure the switch contacts were adjusted correctly and the wires connected same contact on the switch as the old one?

I did make sure they were correctly connected, for the “T”. Green/yellow wires and yellow single to middle post, the orange/brownish/cream wires to the back. Resistor to front and back.

I’ll try it again or I’ll just try to find the 3D translucent yellow targets.

#438 6 years ago

These are the target faces you want for the center target bank. Not the translucent yellow ones.

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

These are the target faces you want for the center target bank. Not the translucent yellow ones.

I have those coming it’s the mouse trap ones that are cracking.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from Balaraform:

I have those coming it’s the mouse trap ones that are cracking.

Sorry, I thought you were still talking about the center targets from your earlier post.

#441 6 years ago

Were the center targets originally red or white? I’ve always seen white ones, and not red! I’m confused!

#442 6 years ago

Mine were always red so that's what I replaced them with when they broke. Originals very well could have been white as I seen that quite a bit too.

#443 6 years ago

Anyone in WA thinking of selling one?

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

Mine were always red so that's what I replaced them with when they broke. Originals very well could have been white as I seen that quite a bit too.

When you get a chance, can you post a pic from your playfield. Just wondering how it look with red targets. It actually sounds cool.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from s2k4ary:

When you get a chance, can you post a pic from your playfield. Just wondering how it look with red targets. It actually sounds cool.

Pics as requested. I'm also including one of my pop bumper caps and skirts of which I've swapped out two of them to blue and red. I think it goes better with the overall color scheme.

#446 6 years ago

That looks great. Thanks bud.

#447 6 years ago

Working on the playfield. Took out the Mylar.F7FF64A4-EF98-46FF-BB5F-FDBE2954F646 (resized).jpegF7FF64A4-EF98-46FF-BB5F-FDBE2954F646 (resized).jpeg98D10EB7-795F-41D0-A231-17D838806EDA (resized).jpeg98D10EB7-795F-41D0-A231-17D838806EDA (resized).jpeg

#448 6 years ago

Removed glue. A05DB920-15F6-4AE4-A965-E801CC075F6C (resized).jpegA05DB920-15F6-4AE4-A965-E801CC075F6C (resized).jpeg fingers are in pain!

#449 6 years ago

Used novus 2, which made the playfield look a lot better. 302B6323-81DE-4F73-8737-D725D86C4B59 (resized).jpeg302B6323-81DE-4F73-8737-D725D86C4B59 (resized).jpeg6D907C18-4C3C-4DC3-8B0B-9F89AA19A087 (resized).jpeg6D907C18-4C3C-4DC3-8B0B-9F89AA19A087 (resized).jpeg

#450 6 years ago

Thinking of waxing, and re-applying Mylar on the same spot. Has anyone applied Mylar on the whole lower portion of playfield before?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome/page/9?hl=balaraform and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.