(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.
#351 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I figure that's about what happened. Either that, or another multi-ball mode.....

I'd pay good money for MA Revisited or 2.0.

1 week later
#352 7 years ago

Hi Everyone, I have owned my Mousin Around for a coupe of years now, my first pin, really like playing it. Finally pulled the playfield to give it a good cleaning, new rubbers, LEDs for the 555/44s and fix all the small stuff + the diverter. I am looking for the rectangular stand up targets on the 3 bank drop target, mine are chipped/broken. Does anyone have some they would sell? or know of a supplier? The manual shows part# C-12464-1 for the whole assembly, which I would buy if available. Thanks!

015 (resized).JPG015 (resized).JPG

#353 7 years ago

I think most of the parts are interchangeable with the Attack from Mars drop mechanism (but targets are red)... A good place to start your search

1 month later
#354 6 years ago

I just joined the MA club and I am very happy. This game has been on my radar for a while now.

Have there been any hobbyist mods of the ROMs at all? I saw that in a PAPA tournament they disabled the center mech. I guess this is because with the bank down you can just keep looping the center ramp for 100k each time.
I would love it if we could mod the code so that after 5 loops the value plummets to like 10k or 5k. That way the center ramp can still be valuable: worth a kickback relight, 500k on the loops, and then the mouse hole collect. But if you want to get back to it, have to take the risky target bank shots straight up the middle...

Are there any other code exploits that should be tidied up? Certainly would love it if extra balls and specials could be changed to point rewards for tournament play. (EDIT: specials can be set to 100k rewards via adjustment 7, and extra balls can be set to points via adjustment 11, though manual doesn't say the value)

#355 6 years ago

ooooh another question: At the entrance of the right ramp there is a plastic post that kind of mushrooms out at the top. I've been getting a lot of airballs off of this, does that happen for anyone else? Should I try replacing that rubber with something different, or just a fresh one?
The ball flies onto the mouse hole return lane, or sometimes in to the shooter lane.

#356 6 years ago

also: is the mouse trap the kind of thing that could be scanned and 3d printed? Everyone seems to need one.

#357 6 years ago

Just joined the club!
Giving this game the royal treatment.
Bought tons of new parts to do a Full topside and underside tear down/cleaning/refurbish all mechs and whatnot.
Also Full LEDs. Flipper Fidelity speakers.
Been wanting a mousin' around for over 5 years.
Will post before/after pics once complete.

Oh, side note- anyone selling a Mousin Around interconnect board. The one in the game is fried in a few spots. May fix it myself but would prefer to grab a lightly used or NOS board (reached out to Tony at Great Lakes Modular about his MA interconnect boards but no response).

2 weeks later
#358 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If "works perfectly" means "jamming" a chunk of an exacto knife into the assembly and breaking it off to "fix" it, you've got a lot to learn. And your "ignoring" me screams lack of maturity and knowledge that you're giving lousy advice.
OP: Don't listen to Canea's "advice". This assembly and it's CORRECT fix will need to be done in a way that will allow you to power up the pin and test it once you've taken apart the assembly and cleaned it and/or added newer parts, etc. You cannot do this if you're cutting wires, resoldering to test.... then having to cut again, resolder.. etc. Just isn't plausible and is horrid advice.
Unless you wanna jam a piece of metal (ala Canea's approach) into the assembly that doesn't belong there to make it work, I'd suggest pulling out the playfield. Until you try it, you won't understand how much easier it is. I too was apprehensive in doing it. Glad I tried. It's sooo simple. Check out my link above. Same assembly... same position on pf.

I'm not sure you understood what Canea's problem was with the diverter. The problem he described was not with the mech itself, but he had slop in the diverter arm (on the ramp) due to wear. The hole in the arm was rounding out.

In lieu of replacing the arm (is this part even available?), what he did by jamming the exacto blade in is called "shimming" the arm. To me this is an acceptable repair. The arm could be welded or soldered, as another person did, which is also acceptable, but is more permanent and would need to be removed and cleaned up if a replacement part becomes available.

I rebuilt my diverter mech and it works fine. However, the hole in the diverter arm is out of round like Canea's which allows about 1/2" of play. I'm going to try Canea's method to shim the arm.

1 week later
#359 6 years ago

Just joined the club. Anybody know if you can get the mouse trap letter stand up targets anywhere?

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Just joined the club. Anybody know if you can get the mouse trap letter stand up targets anywhere?

I recently bought lots of parts to fix up mine and I think Marco may have had them or Curly may have them at Little Shop of Games.

#361 6 years ago

So I tried shimming my diverter arm with an exacto blade, but there was only enough clearance for the tip and it would just fall out with any movement. I managed to put it together with two layers of paper in between and now the arm is solid.

However, I found that most of the play is in the bottom end where the roll pin sits in the slot of the mech lever. I put heat shrink tubing on the roll pin and now it fits snug in the slot. No more play in the diverter.

#362 6 years ago

Finished restoring my Mousin Around. Based on comments from the seller I believe this game was quite possibly HUO and never had a full tear down before.
Gave it the works. Full topside tear down, all mechs underneath rebuilt with new parts, upgraded flippers, new interconnect board, LEDs throughout and threw in a full set of flipper fidelity speakers.
Playfield in nice shape with day-1 Mylar that I brought back to a shine using a car headlight polishing kit (highly recommend trying it if you want to get Mylar shiny).
Game plays absolutely amazing and the speakers add quite a bit of oomph when the mouse catcher talks.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#363 6 years ago

IMG_0862 (resized).JPGIMG_0862 (resized).JPG

IMG_0865 (resized).JPGIMG_0865 (resized).JPG

#364 6 years ago

Beautiful game Ran! I see your post rubber looks different than mine, but I can't see all of them. What do you have at all of the ramp entrances?

#365 6 years ago

looks GREAT Randy!

miss you buddy... You should come back for Mad Rollin this year...

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Beautiful game Ran! I see your post rubber looks different than mine, but I can't see all of them. What do you have at all of the ramp entrances?

Thanks!
They are the same conical shaped post rubbers that the game came with but found blue ones from a vendor at Pinfest. When shopping a game I like to add post rubbers that match the color of the playfield section they are on to blend into the game better. Hence the blue rubbers at the ramp enterances. I couldn't find red conical rubbers which is why you'll also see yellow ones on some of the other posts.

Also I love that the conical rubber posts prevent the ball from bouncing off the playfiel. Super helpful in Mousin Around since it's a wickedly fast game.

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looks GREAT Randy!
miss you buddy... You should come back for Mad Rollin this year...

Thanks Hilton! This was a fun game to shop. And I will see what I can do about getting to MAd Rollin. This darn work/family thing always gets in the way of pinball fun

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Thanks!
They are the same conical shaped post rubbers that the game came with but found blue ones from a vendor at Pinfest. When shopping a game I like to add post rubbers that match the color of the playfield section they are on to blend into the game better. Hence the blue rubbers at the ramp enterances. I couldn't find red conical rubbers which is why you'll also see yellow ones on some of the other posts.
Also I love that the conical rubber posts prevent the ball from bouncing off the playfiel. Super helpful in Mousin Around since it's a wickedly fast game.

It's funny how much of the playfield is blue, yet with all the ramps and plastics covering it the game looks red and yellow. I'm tempted to put blue bumper caps and skirts in mine to draw more attention to the blue.

1 month later
#369 6 years ago

Hey guys, I joined the club a few weeks ago! Very fun game with a funny theme. I have been going through my machine fixing all the little problems. I seem to be missing the black moulding at the back above the mouse hole. Does anyone know where to get that piece? or make something work for the meantime?

IMG_1749 (resized).JPGIMG_1749 (resized).JPG

#370 6 years ago

Joined the club 2 weeks ago. Picked up this baby for $165 off of offer up. "Completely dead. Won't turn on. Need gone."

It was the main line fuse. No major electrical or mechanical issues.

Here it is after a minor shop/resto job. Pulled the mylar and cleaned everything. new rubbers/flippers/playfield GI LEDs.

This game is so damn fun.

19883937_1963403137006880_453085015155677055_n (resized).jpg19883937_1963403137006880_453085015155677055_n (resized).jpg

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from Michaelthurston:

Joined the club 2 weeks ago. Picked up this baby for $165 off of offer up. "Completely dead. Won't turn on. Need gone."
It was the main line fuse. No major electrical or mechanical issues.
Here it is after a minor shop/resto job. Pulled the mylar and cleaned everything. new rubbers/flippers/playfield GI LEDs.
This game is so damn fun.

Awesome find!
......But have I got a deal for you Mr.
.....I am here to offer you double right now for what you paid for it!!

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Awesome find!
......But have I got a deal for you Mr.
.....I am here to offer you double right now for what you paid for it!!

DEAL.

#373 6 years ago

Don't tease me like that,
I don't live all that far from you...lol

EDIT: I guess you are further than I thought, I was thinking Dallas which isn't that far from OKC

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Don't tease me like that,
I don't live all that far from you...lol
EDIT: I guess you are further than I thought, I was thinking Dallas which isn't that far from OKC

Haha sorry! Yeah, this one will be in my collection for the foreseeable future. It's just too much fun.

1 week later
#375 6 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

i have the problem where the display keeps showing double scoring even after time counts down. it also happens with the jackpot timer. is this a known problem and is there a fix?

I wanted to post here asking for advice because I have the exact same issue. Does anyone here *not* have Double Scoring keep showing on the display when you lose the ball during that mode?

Thought I had a display issue but reading this apparently it may be a software bug.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from ShootForSlrValue:

Hey all,
I have question. I just picked up a MA the other day. When I picked it up the guy said that whenever double scoring or the jackpot shot is hit/lit, the timer continues to show on the right display, but doesn't count down. Is this a rom issue? Also, I've noticed once or twice where I will hit an extra ball and the game will just lock up. You can still flip the flippers, but it does not score and it does not register anything that is hit. If the ball is drained, it just sits, and the game has to be reset. Any thoughts?

Next to the double scoring issue we also had this lockup after getting an extra ball twice today. I'm on L4 roms now, should be getting L1 next week. I hope the downgrade will fix these issues, will report back here.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Svend:

I wanted to post here asking for advice because I have the exact same issue. Does anyone here *not* have Double Scoring keep showing on the display when you lose the ball during that mode?

I get the Double Scoring issue. Super annoying. When the game is over, and I drained during that, I'll reset the game because it will carry on seemingly indefinitely in to future games.
Doesn't effect scoring, but the display error is annoying.

#378 6 years ago

I went from ROM LA4 to LA1 today and so far so good. The Double Scoring being stuck on the display-bug is not present in LA1, so that's one issue fixed.

Also tried if I could replicate the machine hanging/rebooting when shooting the extra ball (left ramp) en then straight to the right ramp. This also seems to work ok now, but this problem only occured every now and then so I'm not 100% sure yet if it's gone.

Another issue in LA4 which seems to be gone with LA1: On the start of ball 3 (the last ball) it would always show the high-score as score to beat. However, it used to list the #4 high score instead of the #1 high score.

#379 6 years ago

Question: what is the difference between LA1 & LA4?
What benefits are there switching to LA4?

#380 6 years ago

At least 1 difference seem to be that LA1 does not have the bug that the Double Scoring bug gets stuck on your display when you lose the ball during that mode (I am not sure if all LA4 users suffer this problem, but at least some are).

We played approximately 30 games todat with LA1 with zero issues. No lockups, not reboots, nothing.

#381 6 years ago

I'm having a problem that is getting kind of annoying, and I don't know if it is just normal, or if something misaligned or what.

Whenever I shoot the left orbit shot that makes it's way back to the right inlane, I would say at this point about 50% of the shots end up draining in the outlane, or bouncing back in-between the slingshots.

I searched the thread and saw that Pinballrus had the same issue, but I don't know if he ever figured it out.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from Svend:

I went from ROM LA4 to LA1 today and so far so good. The Double Scoring being stuck on the display-bug is not present in LA1, so that's one issue fixed.
Also tried if I could replicate the machine hanging/rebooting when shooting the extra ball (left ramp) en then straight to the right ramp. This also seems to work ok now, but this problem only occured every now and then so I'm not 100% sure yet if it's gone.
Another issue in LA4 which seems to be gone with LA1: On the start of ball 3 (the last ball) it would always show the high-score as score to beat. However, it used to list the #4 high score instead of the #1 high score.

I upgraded my ROMs thinking that "newer is better", but it doesn't seem to apply here. I don't really see any benefit in getting the latest ROMs for this game. Since I've upgraded, I have the same Double Scoring bug, the High-Score bug and probably once every 75 games or so, the game would lock up for no reason. I think I'm gonna pop in my old ROMs.

-Doug

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from Michaelthurston:

I'm having a problem that is getting kind of annoying, and I don't know if it is just normal, or if something misaligned or what.
Whenever I shoot the left orbit shot that makes it's way back to the right inlane, I would say at this point about 50% of the shots end up draining in the outlane, or bouncing back in-between the slingshots.
I searched the thread and saw that Pinballrus had the same issue, but I don't know if he ever figured it out.

Did you adjust the slingshot rubber and put the rubber outside the metal sheet. When I did that I found a lot of balls bounced into the outlane. Rubber goes inside the metal sheet.

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from KayTwo:

Did you adjust the slingshot rubber and put the rubber outside the metal sheet. When I did that I found a lot of balls bounced into the outlane. Rubber goes inside the metal sheet.

No rubber is on the inside of the metal sheet, thanks for the suggestion though!

1 month later
#385 6 years ago

Mousin Around owners - I'm hosting a tournament in a couple of weeks and one of the games that might be included in the main bank of games in Mousin Around. My fear with this is the center ramp, loop it like crazy for 100K a pop. While boring, its an easy and effective to put up high scores. My question is how can I eliminate this easy shot or make it more difficult? I don't own the machine and I'm not sure how much, if any, modding I will be able to make to this game.

Can the ramp score be disabled in the settings?

Can the post rubbers be increased to a large size without impeding the "wall" from going up and down?

Any other advice to take away this shot?

Thanks in advance!

#386 6 years ago

You can turn off the 3 bank so it doesnt go up and down. Thats about it to eliminate the repetitive 100k score.

#387 6 years ago

Anyone considering selling? PM please.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You can turn off the 3 bank so it doesnt go up and down. Thats about it to eliminate the repetitive 100k score.

By turning it off, does it take away anything else from game play?

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

By turning it off, does it take away anything else from game play?

Trying to remember . Game gone a year now and very mad i sold it. I think it would also advance millions score on backboard. But the outer loops do that to.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Anyone considering selling? PM please.

Taking one to the Cleveland show.

#391 6 years ago

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'm excited to announce Cliffy now has flipper return frames for Mousin' Around!

Mine were pretty dinged up so I thought I'd order a set of new ones, and I wanted to add more speed and flow by removing the post in the right return lane that slows the ball down on the orbit shot. I was surprised that he didn't have frames with two large lamp holes in them so I sent him my originals and asked if he could make a right flipper frame without the notch for the post.

Cliffy's new Mousin' Around frames. Originals on top.Cliffy's new Mousin' Around frames. Originals on top.

He now offers exact reproductions as well as a custom right flipper frame without the notch if you want that option. They are a perfect fit and the play is awesome! There's no flipper hop with these frames.

Left frame identical to original.Left frame identical to original.Right frame without post to slow ball down.Right frame without post to slow ball down.

Here's a game play video (long) if you want to see them in action.

3 weeks later
#392 6 years ago

That's pretty cool! Nice to know there are some options from Cliffy.

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

She's alive and beautiful!

so beautiful indeed!

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I tried having a ROM modded to disable the 100k center ramp score only but leave everything else, but when I tried the ROMs it didn't make a difference and still scored the 100k.
Someone else please try?

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I'm excited to announce Cliffy now has flipper return frames for Mousin' Around!
Mine were pretty dinged up so I thought I'd order a set of new ones, and I wanted to add more speed and flow by removing the post in the right return lane that slows the ball down on the orbit shot. I was surprised that he didn't have frames with two large lamp holes in them so I sent him my originals and asked if he could make a right flipper frame without the notch for the post.

Can you take a photo of this right post that was slowing down the orbit shots? I see the difference in your photos but I don't recall a post being there. I have to go take a better look at my game...

I am going to check my return lanes tonight and see if I need them.
I did however receive my Mousin' Around Playfield Protector, so I will be tearing down my playfield eventually to install it. Best I check on the Cliffy lanes and get those before beginning, if needed.

#396 6 years ago

I read about the PAPA mod for this game, which involves replacing the two rubbers on either side of the middle ramp with two rebound rubbers.

Has anybody done this and can they take a picture of it on their game, because I have no idea how rebound rubbers would even fit there...

Thanks,
-Doug

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

I read about the PAPA mod for this game, which involves replacing the two rubbers on either side of the middle ramp with two rebound rubbers.
Has anybody done this and can they take a picture of it on their game, because I have no idea how rebound rubbers would even fit there...
Thanks,
-Doug

Disabling middle ramp will also disable kickback relight. In my experience, it didnt make any difference whether people try to exploit this strategy in tourney play. It never worked out well enough for them to bother changing it.

1 week later
#398 6 years ago

Finally got around to installing the metal-mods pop bumper decals on my mousin around. I opted to not use the circular metal decal around the outside of the pop caps since the leds I have in my pop bumpers are only in the middle.
Long story short, they look great and are easy to install. And they dampen the led intensity perfectly!

C3AF11B8-17AC-44A4-8AD7-D5B078BE317C (resized).jpegC3AF11B8-17AC-44A4-8AD7-D5B078BE317C (resized).jpeg

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Here's a game play video (long) if you want to see them in action.
» YouTube video

Have you linked the backboard flasher to the right flipper button?

#400 6 years ago

Hey guys, does anyone have a set of nos playfield plastics for sale? It's a long shot, but what the heck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 23.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.