(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 559 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by mbeardsley
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 166 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F91B323A-1E01-449E-992A-7560A13D19D3 (resized).jpeg
86C4278C-78BB-4103-A8E8-0199D1058384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190303_153006 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190214_135500 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190223_143749 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190223_143820 (resized).jpg
large (resized).JPG
15504556289732259047991919981741 (resized).jpg
afdd035a7fc8b44b9a7fcd8ad0a9ac764dabb8e1 (resized).jpeg
7eb960fedd95ac7165254dd5d648f9cafb89c318 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0476 (resized).JPG
IMG_0529 (resized).JPG
IMG_0505 (resized).JPG
IMG_0506 (resized).JPG
710x528_26093301_14198336_1546766891 (resized).png
290x218_26093166_13976202_1546765877 (resized).png

There are 559 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Thanks to neo helping finish my pf after someone started it this nice original cab MA is finally alive!!!
Working on a custom shooter rod, going to add some extra lighting and topper light.
Ps...picture make it look more skittled than truly is.

I'd like to see more photos of this color choice, on the fence but want to see it in another light.

#302 2 years ago

Will post some pics if I ever get the time to finish the damn thing! Been slammed lately and don't feel like working on it when I get home

1 week later
#303 2 years ago

What sound roms does everyone have in mouse? I have had the rare opportunity to have two mice side by side for a couple weeks. It wasn't even a minute when we discovered how different the sound track is on these two.
End of ball music different, multi ball wind up before shooting, there are many .
Also curioss if everyone is at L-4 game code and reviews of that if you changed out from L-1.

#304 2 years ago

I'll have to check what's in mine. It's down for repairs atm. Can you shoot some video of the differences if it's a lot. Thanks.

#305 2 years ago

I would like to know the difference my self.

#306 2 years ago

I am posting this pic for another Pinsider because I can't attach it to the pm.
....backglass trim replacement.

DSCF2590_(resized).JPG

#307 2 years ago

Hey bronco-jon, thanks for the pic and reply.
Bob

1 week later
#308 2 years ago

I'll try again. Has any Mousin owners changed or upgraded there speech and music roms?
In doing so, I actually lost some music. Trying to figure it out. Thinking its in the game code rom, not the audio roms after upgrading to L-4.

#309 2 years ago

See that's important info to know. Going off your previous post it was tough to tell if you had gained or lost sounds.
I checked and all my roms are Rev 1. If you're saying sounds went missing going to rev 4 ill stick with what I have. Still would like to see a video showing the differences if you could.

#310 2 years ago

Building info, will update with pictures and video in couple days. Swamped right now.

#311 2 years ago

Still looking anyone out there want to sell theirs?

#312 2 years ago

I may have a player quality mousin for trade if anyone is interested.

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Still looking anyone out there want to sell theirs?

One popped up on here for 2500 I think in Ohio.

Didn't come with decals, new displays or ball eater though.

#315 2 years ago

Finally finished this bad boy a few weeks ago. Been working out a couple little issues but pretty much done!
Much brighter in person

image_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#316 2 years ago

My Roms:

2009 LA1 ID 00
Domestic Rev 1 11/22/89 ID0

That sounds kinda old to me. Is that something that you can buy from Marco?

-Brian P.

#317 2 years ago

This is one of Ward Pemberton's best offerings in my mind. I haven't played ALL of his other titles, but this is one is great.

That said, there are some great concepts in this game. I'm not sure if the 10 commandments of pinball state it, but for me, the first thing to keep in mind is to keep all the "Protectors" on. be they outlane diverters, kickers, pop-up bumpers, etc. If those are out, you've lost some of the advantage you might have.

On this game, the two important shots, are the left ramp, Huge, I've never been able to hit the ramp that many times, but if you can, it lites the outlanes for a 250,000 outhole score. Again, I've yet to accomplish the feat, but I'm dying to hear the music for THAT*. This shot reminds me of George Christian's Eight Ball Deluxe shot in the same place with the successive drop targets. The difference of course, is that this shot is timed, and if you don't get it in the prescribed # of seconds you lose all you've worked for! I was happy that at least if you get as far as Lite Extra Ball, that it remembers it.

The right shot is a ramp up to a trap door, and another ramp, hidden this time, finally coming out raised plastic on the right, dropping the ball to the right flipper.

This game is has such flow, you would almost think it was one of the Ritchies' designs.

-bdPinball

#318 2 years ago

Mine was 100% LED and I hated it. Went back to all incandescent. So much better for this era of games.

2 weeks later
#319 2 years ago

One of her favorites! Mine too!

IMAG3382 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#320 2 years ago

Anyone have a good backbox led arrangement?

1 week later
#321 2 years ago

After what seemed like forever looking for a MA, I've finally joined the club! Anybody know where I can find a replacement right inlane ball guide? The manual lists the part # as A-12851 but I'm unable to find a place that sells that part. Thanks.

2 months later
#322 2 years ago

What do you guys/gals think of my new bumper cap mod?
Got them from pinsider: metal-mods
metal-mods.com

.......by the way,
looking for NOS playfield or one equivalent.

DSCF2998 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#323 2 years ago

Much like Krakatoa, I too have finally ended a lengthy search for a MA. I'm thankful the game I picked-up is complete and in good shape overall; however, the cabinet decals are substantially pealing where the legs make contact... is anyone aware of where I could find a complete set of replacements for this title? Thanks in advance!

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from PSUTownie:

Much like Krakatoa, I too have finally ended a lengthy search for a MA. I'm thankful the game I picked-up is complete and in good shape overall; however, the cabinet decals are substantially pealing where the legs make contact... is anyone aware of where I could find a complete set of replacements for this title? Thanks in advance!

If you can't find any here in the USA, you might check with this dude here: Ebay user: "italjetdragster50" I got my set from him, there was a couple people here on Pinside said they were junk but I was very happy with them and think they look as good as any MA I've seen.
He doesn't have any listed right now but he knows someone who has these on file and can make them.
Looks like he is out of Albania, His location was Hungary when I purchased mine from him.
He has 100% positive feedback on Ebay.
you might check with him and see what he says.
it took 2 or 3 weeks to get mine once I ordered them from him.
Here's what mine looked like after I got finished putting them on.

DSCF2933 (resized).JPG

DSCF2936 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#325 2 years ago

Hey guys, I finally got my hands on a MA. Love the game but, I need some help. The coin door service buttons(operator buttons) that you use to go into Settings, Test..etc do not work. The wires connected to them have been disconnected/fell off. Could someone Please take a couple Detailed pictures of the area where the wires are connected/soldered to the service buttons and post them for me. I need to know which wire goes where. Thank you. I will upload photos soon of the pin.

#326 2 years ago

Here is what mine looks like. Hope it helps.

IMG_2072 (resized).JPG

IMG_2073 (resized).JPG

IMG_2074 (resized).JPG

IMG_2075 (resized).JPG

IMG_2076 (resized).JPG

#327 2 years ago

Hey guy, I'm looking for some parts. If any one has any of these in good shape please let me know. Mine is cracked, part broken, or missing. Thanks

1) right sling shot plastic
2)plastic above right pop bumper
3) lower middle ramp
4) yellow cheese sticker for left ramp gate

IMG_2067 (resized).JPG

IMG_2068 (resized).JPG

IMG_2069 (resized).JPG

IMG_2070 (resized).JPG

IMG_2071 (resized).JPG

#328 2 years ago

Ok, looking for 2 more items;
1) one mouse trap
2) original good working condition display

Anyone has any extras please let me know. Thanks

IMG_0499 (resized).JPG

IMG_0500 (resized).JPG

#329 2 years ago

thank you so much ! I'm going to fix it tomorrow. also, I will keep a look out for any MA parts that you need. Thanks again..

#330 2 years ago

No problem. Let me know if you need any other pics.

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from s2k4ary:

Ok, looking for 2 more items;
1) one mouse trap
2) original good working condition display
Anyone has any extras please let me know. Thanks

The mouse trap is VERY hard to find. The same part is apparently used in Data East Secret Service, with a different part number, so you can can improve your odds by searching for that too.

#332 2 years ago

someone is selling a couple plastics for MA on ebay right now. I don't think its what you need but you could ask him.

#333 2 years ago

Mousin Around has such a badass reggae jingle when the game ends haha

#334 2 years ago

This game is great. I have owned mine for 3 months and play it almost every day. I know of one locally that is in the best shape you will find with no cabinet fade and a near perfect playfield. I think the guy will sell it for around 2.2k if anyone is interested. I would buy it but mine is very nice and I am happy with it.

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

The mouse trap is VERY hard to find. The same part is apparently used in Data East Secret Service, with a different part number, so you can can improve your odds by searching for that too.

The Data East part number may be different, but the actual part number on the two are exactly the same, it's just one is black and one is blue

#336 2 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. I'll keep my eyes open to find some of these parts.

1 week later
#337 2 years ago

i'm in
found a playable one but not completely working (diverter, some targets, some bulbs and battery case) , will surely ask some things there

#338 2 years ago

Could someone please take a close up pic ( possibly high res. ) from the sticker on the left ramp gate as shown in this pic. Like to print the sticker, since mine is missing.

IMG_0506 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#339 2 years ago

mousin (resized).jpg

#340 2 years ago

Hi Guys..

I was digging around my storage the other day and came across this plastic set for Mousin'

I don't have the game anymore, so I figured I'd let this go for someone else to use on their game.

I do not believe the set is complete, however all of the major pieces appear to be there. Off the top of my head the set is missing one of the blue border pieces that go at the end of the ramps. It may also be missing a couple other pieces here and there. I don't know for sure.

I remember I paid $100 for this set a long time ago from IPB, so that's what I listed them for.

Thanks!

ebay.com link

#341 2 years ago

i have the problem where the display keeps showing double scoring even after time counts down. it also happens with the jackpot timer. is this a known problem and is there a fix?

#342 2 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

i have the problem where the display keeps showing double scoring even after time counts down. it also happens with the jackpot timer. is this a known problem and is there a fix?

Mine does the same thing, but only during multiplayer games. I have the most up to date ROM's.

#343 2 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

Mine does the same thing, but only during multiplayer games. I have the most up to date ROM's.

What makes the up dated rom's better than the originals?
Is the game play different or what?

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

What makes the up dated rom's better than the originals?
Is the game play different or what?

I haven't figured this one out. I feel like the music is a little different, but not 100%. Mine played solid with the originals, plays solid with the updated ones, I've never noticed any difference.

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I haven't figured this one out. I feel like the music is a little different, but not 100%. Mine played solid with the originals, plays solid with the updated ones, I've never noticed any difference.

Yeah, I don't see any point in replacing mine. It ain't broke so I ain't gonna try to fix it.

#346 2 years ago

I need a picture of the wire setup at the 11 pin connector in the back panel of the playfield , My I and the string of lights in the row now are not lighting up due to some wires coming off that connector / heres what it looks like now not working

20170226_113640 (1) (resized).jpg

#347 2 years ago

i am thinking one of the wires or more go to more than one of the pins ?

#348 2 years ago

Anybody know why there are three microswitches behind the mouse hole instead of just one? In the switch test, they're also labeled "HOLE LOCK 1" "HOLE LOCK 2" and "HOLE LOCK 3".

Is it possible that they originally planned the mouse hole to act as the ball lock, but then scrapped the idea once they came up with the mouse trap idea?

-Doug

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

Anybody know why there are three microswitches behind the mouse hole instead of just one? In the switch test, they're also labeled "HOLE LOCK 1" "HOLE LOCK 2" and "HOLE LOCK 3".
Is it possible that they originally planned the mouse hole to act as the ball lock, but then scrapped the idea once they came up with the mouse trap idea?
-Doug

I figure that's about what happened. Either that, or another multi-ball mode.....

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

-Doug

I have definitely locked a ball behind the mousehole before a few times. I don't recall seeing that recently, so that might be original roms vs upgraded roms. I couldn't figure out why it locked in there though, there aren't really any full rule sets documented anywhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
€ 3.70
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hackettstown, NJ
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Verona, WI
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Olive, MI
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
2,750 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Exton, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 559 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside