(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg

There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 21.
#251 8 years ago

I'm really getting somewhere, w00t!!!

A few switches not working, and half the GI is out.

A couple easy questions.

1. Does anyone have nvram installed? If yes, any issues?

2. This comes from #1, I installed nvram in place of a damaged battery holder. I'm sure that the right trap used to eject at end of game, but now it does not. It holds the ball through multiple games, until you restart the machine, then kicks out during the boot process. This does not seem right to me. How should it act?

3. The motor bank would not drop for me at first. I would light 123 in sequence, then they would all flash, but it would never drop. I changed the setting from ex hard (default) to easy, and now it drops on the first hit while all 3 are flashing in sequence. But the difficulty setting is only about whether it stays up from one ball to the next, do I don't understand why it would never drop before. Ideas?

This trap for #2:

20160319_230802_(resized).jpg20160319_230802_(resized).jpg

#252 8 years ago

1500 dollar ma at tpf. GI is out but other than that not bad

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

1. Does anyone have nvram installed? If yes, any issues?
2. This comes from #1, I installed nvram in place of a damaged battery holder. I'm sure that the right trap used to eject at end of game, but now it does not. It holds the ball through multiple games, until you restart the machine, then kicks out during the boot process. This does not seem right to me. How should it act?

I have nvram installed - no issues. On my game, both traps eject at the end of the game, BUT it does take maybe 5 seconds or so (it's sort of timed with the end of the game music). If you start another game too quickly with balls in the traps they won't eject but will stay in the traps and the machine will juggle them as necessary when it's time to lock them again.

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I have nvram installed - no issues. On my game, both traps eject at the end of the game, BUT it does take maybe 5 seconds or so (it's sort of timed with the end of the game music). If you start another game too quickly with balls in the traps they won't eject but will stay in the traps and the machine will juggle them as necessary when it's time to lock them again.

That resolves that... I think it's a code bug. I had turned off matching, since I set it for free play. And I found with matching off, it was very anticlimactic when the game ends, because there isn't really any indication that it's over. The bad guy says "hah hah hah", and that's it. No music, no lightshow.

So I turned matching back on. Music. Lightshow. Ball kicks out of cheese cube lock.

I think turning off matching also turns off the whole sequence of events. Guess I'll leave it on.

Thanks!

#255 8 years ago

Anybody want to sell me their mousin around?

#256 8 years ago

More questions.

1. The default position of the diverter, with the game turned off, is such that the mouse hole is not blocked. Is that correct? I think the diverter must be activated to block the mouse hole, and then deactivated to allow passage, and that my machine is not activating it for some reason.

* That being said, I know my machine *can* activate it because if I turn it on and start a game, the game seems to do a quick self check and activate then deactivate the diverter 4 times. So I'm confused about why it wouldn't activate and hold in game.

2. The ball gate assy at the right side of the top lanes is attached to a coil that can be activated to open the gate and allow the ball through to the right. When should this happen? It's not really described in the rules so I don't know how to test it to see if it's working.

Thanks!

#257 8 years ago

Your diverter isn't working correctly. It's a common issue on diverters that use the plastic cam. Police force has same issue. I believe if you read through this thread a few pages back (SEE PAGE 4 of this thread), you'll see where I gave instruction on fixing the issue. It's the same assembly as used in police force and will require you to pull out the pf. It's super easy to fix though, and a new cam is readily available.

The upper gate should activate when the ball runs the outter left orbit. It should open to allow the ball to travel to the right inlane. If it's not opening, report back and we'll fix it!

Also please read my fix here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-diverter-diagnosis
it's for the same assembly.

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Your diverter isn't working correctly. It's a common issue on diverters that use the plastic cam. Police force has same issue. I believe if you read through this thread a few pages back (SEE PAGE 4 of this thread), you'll see where I gave instruction on fixing the issue. It's the same assembly as used in police force and will require you to pull out the pf. It's super easy to fix though, and a new cam is readily available.
The upper gate should activate when the ball runs the outter left orbit. It should open to allow the ball to travel to the right inlane. If it's not opening, report back and we'll fix it!
Also please read my fix here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/police-force-diverter-diagnosis
it's for the same assembly.

Excellent advice, thanks! My cam is good, but my spring was very soft. I doubled the force of the spring by removing it and hooking back on halfway along the length. The cam then worked, but didn't release great, so I put a little spritz of wd40 on the cam and the diverter is now perfect!

I think I have an idea about the ball gate assy. The traps are always up by default (I think this is correct), and until you've spelled MOUSE TRAP, they just spit the ball back out. Once the words are lit, they hold the ball and drop under the PF. So I'm thinking the only way you can complete the loop is with a ball locked at the left trap. However that's one of the last remaining funky things I have to deal with, the trap doesn't want to rise, thus never has a ball trapped. I bet once I fix that it will all come together.

#259 8 years ago

Ooh, after thought. My roms are LA-1. Looks like there is an L-4 available. Does anyone know what the differences in coding are? LA-1 *seems* solid as I play.

Thanks,

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Excellent advice, thanks! My cam is good, but my spring was very soft. I doubled the force of the spring by removing it and hooking back on halfway along the length. The cam then worked, but didn't release great, so I put a little spritz of wd40 on the cam and the diverter is now perfect!
I think I have an idea about the ball gate assy. The traps are always up by default (I think this is correct), and until you've spelled MOUSE TRAP, they just spit the ball back out. Once the words are lit, they hold the ball and drop under the PF. So I'm thinking the only way you can complete the loop is with a ball locked at the left trap. However that's one of the last remaining funky things I have to deal with, the trap doesn't want to rise, thus never has a ball trapped. I bet once I fix that it will all come together.

FYI, the WD-40 will only work a short time before it gets sticky and starts hanging up again, not good for lubing just good for unsticking stuff...just sayin

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

FYI, the WD-40 will only work a short time before it gets sticky and starts hanging up again, not good for lubing just good for unsticking stuff...just sayin

Yah, it did say bike lube in this thread somewhere. But my bike lube is with my bike, in my shed, behind a bunch of snow. The WD40 will cover me for now until warmer days.

#262 8 years ago

On plung the right ball gate is down to keep ball in roll over lanes. Once the ball goes through the roll over lanes the gate opens to allow the orbit shot. Should stay open in till next ball comes to shooter lane.
The mouse traps are always down in till you spell mouse trap. Once the traps come up you can lock a ball in each trap. 3 ball multiball starts on next ball plunge after ball goes through roll over lanes. Your cheese traps should stay up during multiball to allow you to lock a ball in each and for for the jackpot. Jackpot is collected when you shoot through the mouse hole.

#263 8 years ago

This is correct ^

#264 8 years ago

Hmm. Looks like I have all kinds of WTF to figure out with the traps then. I don't appear to have any whole rows or columns on switch matrix out, so I guess there's issues on the assemblies themselves. I'll check the wiring, see if anyone did something wonky there, run switch tests on the up/down for each, replace whatever diodes may be on them, and maybe do a full disassemble / clean in the ultrasonic.

#265 8 years ago

I'm thinking of selling mine if someone is interested. One of my cheese light boards is out for repair, but when I get it back i will probably list it. Everything works 100%, lots of new stuff, and completely stripped down and shopped.

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Yah, it did say bike lube in this thread somewhere. But my bike lube is with my bike, in my shed, behind a bunch of snow. The WD40 will cover me for now until warmer days.

I would try it without any lube. If there is any wear on the cam just replace. The lube works for a short period of time but causes more problems that you think. Mine has been working without lube for over a year now. Works great and no signs of wear.

#267 8 years ago

Guys: I just ledded out my mousin, EXCEPT for the flashers (89s and 906s). I'm now not liking the clash between the incandescent flashers and the gorgeous comet leds everywhere else.

Has anyone ledded a mousin around's flashers without having to modify resistors, etc? I'd rather not have to cut off parts just to led flashers.

Anyone?

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys: I just ledded out my mousin, EXCEPT for the flashers (89s and 906s). I'm now not liking the clash between the incandescent flashers and the gorgeous comet leds everywhere else.
Has anyone ledded a mousin around's flashers without having to modify resistors, etc? I'd rather not have to cut off parts just to led flashers.
Anyone?

I used Cointakers full kit with flashers and it works great.

#269 8 years ago

Thanks Woody.

Some system 11s need modifications done to the to allow for the use of flashers. However, I've read some do not.

This is one pin that really looks amazing with leds. Well, I'd say that about any pin.. if done right.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Y

I found a broken wire at trap 2, fixed it and the trap is working as well as the O and R switches. I guess they were in series.

Replaced my GI connector which was completely toasted, and got my GI back for a few minutes. Played 2 games and realized the GI was gone again, in it's place was a burning smell under the PF. Doh.

The only game-play issues outstanding are that my trap 1 drop coil is not firing, and my ball gate raise coil is not firing. I'll have to spend some time on the weekend looking at connectors and wires, and whatever could be affecting those.

Getting close!

#271 8 years ago

Pm sent to woody on mousin

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I'm thinking of selling mine if someone is interested. One of my cheese light boards is out for repair, but when I get it back i will probably list it. Everything works 100%, lots of new stuff, and completely stripped down and shopped.

Pm sent still waiting to hear back

#273 7 years ago

Loving my Mousin Around! I only get the kicker to work once in game play on left drain. How do you reactivate it? Looked through manual for a setting, perhaps on an easier mode? It works, but only once per game.
Those darn mice! Ha ha ha ha, laughing at me.

#274 7 years ago

I know hitting the center loop 3 times lights it. Just getting the 1-2-3 targets does too I think.

#275 7 years ago

Thanks dozer! Got your message. Your welcome and those did get there fast. I personally handed it to my guy on Monday at 3pm pacific time. Less than 48 hours to MN. Wow.

Quoted from dozer1:know hitting the center loop 3 times lights it. Just getting the 1-2-3 targets does too I think.

Not the one two three in order, tries that. But admit, not sure if I have it center ramp three times in a row. Maybe take glass off and cheat by hand. I have a few bulbs to swap around anyway.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#276 7 years ago

On mine, relighting it requires three center ramp shots.

#277 7 years ago

^^^ That seems right. It is the only way I can light it too. On the system 11's I have played, that is the toughest outlane kicker to re-light. You are on borrowed time if it isn't lit, and you will likely die trying to get the 1-2-3 targets so you can hit the center loop to light it. It would have been nice to have some settings to that in the menu, but I wasn't able to find it. It just makes it one tough pin. A great pin, but a tough one for me anyway.

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

On mine, relighting it requires three center ramp shots.

Quoted from dozer1:

^^^ That seems right. It is the only way I can light it too.

Well, of course yout both right.
And indeed, hitting the 1-2-3 is a killer down the middle. I put some super bands on, yellow, and now the pin is harder. Added speed to ball espeacilly to the 1-2-3. Its so fast i can barely see it drain sometimes, well at least 2 of a 3 ball game.

#279 7 years ago

I sold my ma and they did not want decals. I have a full cabinet set in perfect shape $225 and a set that was damaged during shipping $50.

Also have a full insert decal set $40

Used set of displays - the right one, first couple of digits are going bad, left one good. $30

I have a 3 bank drop target assembly. Used and wired for afm but could work for ma or at least use the assembly. $25

Center ramp switch assembly. Used but works 100%. $10

#280 7 years ago

Pm sent on decals

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I sold my ma and they did not want decals. I have a full cabinet set in perfect shape $225 and a set that was damaged during shipping $50.
Also have a full insert decal set $40
Used set of displays - the right one, first couple of digits are going bad, left one good. $30
I have a 3 bank drop target assembly. Used and wired for afm but could work for ma or at least use the assembly. $25
Center ramp switch assembly. Used but works 100%. $10

Everything is gone but the drop target and switch

1 month later
#283 7 years ago

Does anyone have an extra Ball Eater assy, or even just the blue plastic piece, that they would be willing to sell?

Also, this game is awesome. I've played a lot of sys 11s now, and Mousin and Taxi are the two best that I can think of. I'd like to try Diner one of these days too, I bet it's in the same level.

1 week later
#284 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Ooh, after thought. My roms are LA-1. Looks like there is an L-4 available. Does anyone know what the differences in coding are? LA-1 *seems* solid as I play.
Thanks,

Ditto. Anybody know?

#285 7 years ago

Thanks to neo helping finish my pf after someone started it this nice original cab MA is finally alive!!!

Working on a custom shooter rod, going to add some extra lighting and topper light.

Ps...picture make it look more skittled than truly is.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#286 7 years ago

My coin door/service buttons are my last major issue...can anyone snap a pic of how their buttons are wired? Thanks

#287 7 years ago

That looks pretty slick. Definitely an MA LE!

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

My coin door/service buttons are my last major issue...can anyone snap a pic of how their buttons are wired? Thanks

Here you go...

0519161204_(resized).jpg0519161204_(resized).jpg

#289 7 years ago

I just received this in the mail from Marco. Nos translite. Hard to believe it's still available from a dealer and not crazy priced. $65. Thanks Marco!

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=31-1357-2009

Check out the photo. Nice vivid colors compared to my old one. There's at least one left. It says very limited quantity.

P_20160519_121919_(resized).jpgP_20160519_121919_(resized).jpg

#290 7 years ago

Thanks pinball shark!!

#291 7 years ago

Going to have to give my trans a good look tonight and may have to grab one!

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

There's at least one left. It says very limited quantity.

As of your post, they still had 13.

#293 7 years ago

Cool. Probably enough for everybody who wants one. What's the trick for knowing Marco's stock levels? Calling and asking?

I noticed it doesn't show up in the listing if you click on the parts for the game. I found it through keyword searching.

#294 7 years ago

Anybody figure out a good led arrangement for the backbox? Have all frosted whites right now but want to try to make it pop a bit more

1 week later
#295 7 years ago

Got the ball gate sorted out, it seems to be working now, though I'd like to check on a couple things. Can someone play a game on their own machine and observe to see if this is working as expected?

On start of a new ball, the ball gate is down. The gate remains down through the plunge until any lane switch is activated. The ball gate is then raised and remains raised for play of the entire ball. Is that how everyone else's works?

This seems like a heavy load that will cause overheating of the coil and associated components. I had assumed that the gate would remain down by default, and only raise briefly when the left loop switch is activated.

Followup questions, the gate drops a little when any coil is activated (see video), I guess from the power drain. Does everyone else's act the same way? Just wondering if there's anything else I have to look for - if I have another weak link in the system somewhere.

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

On start of a new ball, the ball gate is down. The gate remains down through the plunge until any lane switch is activated. The ball gate is then raised and remains raised for play of the entire ball. Is that how everyone else's works?

This is correct!
Not sure on follow up question. I have never looked for this. I'll check and respond.

1 week later
#297 7 years ago

Does anyone have spear coin door parts for a MA?

I am needing the button housing (coin entrance plate) #27-1021.....Pinball Life shows to have this part# in stock but says it is different than the one on MA and will not work?

I also need the coin return bezel and flap #27-1061-1

I took several parts to have powder coated but they accidently ruined these parts.

I would be willing to purchase a complete coin door if I have too....

Thanks, Jon

1 month later
#298 7 years ago

Anyone know where to get metal side rails for Mousin? Mine are bent in several places. Would love that new shiny look!
Pm me please.
Thanks Eric

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Anyone know where to get metal side rails for Mousin? Mine are bent in several places. Would love that new shiny look!
Pm me please.
Thanks Eric

Pinballife has them

#300 7 years ago

Thanks Bronco-Jon. That's one I didn't check.
I was at Cal Extreme pinball show this past weekend. Playing that Mousin at show I noticed it made more music than mine at end of ball and adding up total.
Is there an updated sound roms for this pin???
I don't see them on eBay.
Any ideas?
Thanks Eric

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westerlo, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.