(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
#1001 1 year ago

Well I went to visit my Mousin' Around yesterday since my buddy fixed her all up..........or so we thought.

Was playing a game and it was goinf great! Everything working ok, lighting was correct, I was happy!

Then out of nowhere a tile warning (clearly unwarranted) and the game reset as if someone pushed the start button.

So I guess there is still a glitch in the (switch) matrix. This is exactly why I requested for him to have it at his place for a while to test.

Sigh. This thing is going to be my problem child (and his too!) LOL

Chris

#1002 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Hey guys, I'm at my whits end working on the diverter on my Mousin. It will not close, meaning when the coil fires the cam/pin system isn't working properly. Basically the arm will click open and closed at start up until it finally stops and rests open. I've had this problem intermittently for 2 years and it has always been fixed by adjusting the nuts circled in the picture. Now that's not doing the trick... Here's what else I've done, replaced both springs (the one attaching the bracket to the cam, and the one on the cam shaft), replaced the cam entirely with the 3d printed one Marco sells, and moved those nuts into a handful of different positions. I've had no luck... Anyone have suggestions?

[quoted image]

For anyone looking in the future with a similar issue or those curious, I fixed the issue. There's 2 nuts I circled in red that need to be adjusted but there's also a larger nut (green) on the other side of that metal plate that needed adjusting. That plate holds the pin (yellow arrow) that connects with the cam to open/close the diverter arm. Mine was adjusted too far to the left, so adjusting the 2 nuts and the larger nut on the other side of the plate allowed me to move the pin to the right and it works with the cam perfectly now. Sort of a silly design given how easy it is to adjust but I guess it's an easy fix when it does go bad.

PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1003 1 year ago

Has anyone had luck with a good set of cabinet art decals? I'm looking to replace mine as an overall project to "refurb" parts of my machine. Looks like in the U.S., ClassicArcades on eBay is the only seller but I've heard very mixed things. I see a couple EU sellers. I don't mind the longer wait/cost if the quality is good and colors match well. Anybody have experience?

#1004 1 year ago

I just redecalled my Mousin' with decals from Pinball Center in Germany https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/mousin-around/10293/cabinet-decal-set-for-mousin-around?c=0

I am really pleased with them:

Mousin side cab (resized).JPGMousin side cab (resized).JPGmousin side (resized).JPGmousin side (resized).JPG

#1005 1 year ago

Can someone fill me in one a couple items in the code? I was causally playing a lot of Mousin and sort of just zoned out. The games started to just blend together, I locked what I though was the second ball (the other trap was down already) but instead of starting multi ball, the gi dimmed and played a call out “hey over here” and released a ball from the already down trap. Single ball play continued until I locked that ball. I was in a single player game. Was that ball left over from a previous game? I though the balls got dumped out at the end of the game.

Second question, what does spelling million do and how to light the million letter arrows at the ramps?

#1006 1 year ago
Quoted from mfresh:

I just redecalled my Mousin' with decals from Pinball Center in Germany https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/mousin-around/10293/cabinet-decal-set-for-mousin-around?c=0
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Dig the yellow t-molding too. I'll look into Pinball Center!

#1007 1 year ago
Quoted from mfresh:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Disregard...looks like they do not ship to the U.S.

#1008 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Was that ball left over from a previous game? I though the balls got dumped out at the end of the game.

The machine does kick the balls out of the locks at the end of the game. But it's delayed (maybe 5-10 seconds) after the match sequence. If you start a game before it kicks them out, it keeps it locked, similar to a multi-player game.

Both traps pop up at the same time, if they're empty. If one is not empty, just one pops up, and will sequence with the other. So you must have only locked one ball, which is why you got the "hey over here" callout and it kicked out a ball from that trap. Only other option is faulty switches in the traps?

Quoted from Pinash:

what does spelling million do and how to light the million letter arrows at the ramps?

Spelling million lights the mouse hole for 1M points. The million arrows on the L & R ramps are lit by completing the center bank of stand up targets.

#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from djblouw:

The machine does kick the balls out of the locks at the end of the game. But it's delayed (maybe 5-10 seconds) after the match sequence. If you start a game before it kicks them out, it keeps it locked, similar to a multi-player game.
Both traps pop up at the same time, if they're empty. If one is not empty, just one pops up, and will sequence with the other. So you must have only locked one ball, which is why you got the "hey over here" callout and it kicked out a ball from that trap. Only other option is faulty switches in the traps?

Spelling million lights the mouse hole for 1M points. The million arrows on the L & R ramps are lit by completing the center bank of stand up targets.

Ok, based on the above I must have been starting my games before it got around to dumping the ball.

As for the millions, once the arrows are lit, and the ramp gives you a “millions” letter, do they ramps stay lit for more letters? Or do you need to drop the three center targets again to relight the ramps?

#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Ok, based on the above I must have been starting my games before it got around to dumping the ball.
As for the millions, once the arrows are lit, and the ramp gives you a “millions” letter, do they ramps stay lit for more letters? Or do you need to drop the three center targets again to relight the ramps?

Ramps stay lit for millions. I’m guessing that there is a setting for how long they stay lit (ball, game, etc)

#1011 1 year ago

They stay lit til you collect the million or drain. Collecting the million resets the center bank and the process restarts.

3 weeks later
#1012 1 year ago

Joined the club today. Game has sat for a long time. Gonna be relying on previous posts on this club to get it back to speed.

PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpgPXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Joined the club today. Game has sat for a long time. Gonna be relying on previous posts on this club to get it back to speed.
[quoted image]

Fun game, enjoy!

#1014 1 year ago

Hey guys, could use some help. I'm working with Cliffy on a shooter lane protector and it's bring forth an issue. The ejector (?) is not kicking the ball consistently into the shooter lane. It's almost like it doesn't have enough power... It used to work because the wear spot in the shooter lane was very large. I filled it with epoxy and it's not working correctly. Besides a new coil or coil sleeve, any suggestions?

#1015 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Hey guys, could use some help. I'm working with Cliffy on a shooter lane protector and it's bring forth an issue. The ejector (?) is not kicking the ball consistently into the shooter lane. It's almost like it doesn't have enough power... It used to work because the wear spot in the shooter lane was very large. I filled it with epoxy and it's not working correctly. Besides a new coil or coil sleeve, any suggestions?

Issue fixed. Was an issue with the ball stop part of the bracket holding the solenoid. Wasn't allowing the kicker arm to extend fully.

#1016 1 year ago

I find this game absolutely brutal with the outlanes. I made 2 modifications to my Mousin Around today. You may find these blasphemous so if you’re easily triggered move on now

1) added a center post between the flippers. Was already set up for it and just had a plastic plug in the hole.

2) opened the right rail so the ball can be nudged back into the shooter lane from the right outlane.

For the record, neither of these have improved my play.

8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpegA026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpegA026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg

#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I find this game absolutely brutal with the outlanes. I made 2 modifications to my Mousin Around today. You may find these blasphemous so if you’re easily triggered move on now
1) added a center post between the flippers. Was already set up for it and just had a plastic plug in the hole.
2) opened the right rail so the ball can be nudged back into the shooter lane from the right outlane.
For the record, neither of these have improved my play.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

To each their own, but I am surprised yours is so tough. Mine has no center pin and the smaller, regular sized, flippers and the balls still stay in play forever.

#1018 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

To each their own, but I am surprised yours is so tough. Mine has no center pin and the smaller, regular sized, flippers and the balls still stay in play forever.

It's possible that I just suck at pinball. LOL.

It was at my buddy's place for a while and he said that same thing, that it was absolutely brutal to him as well.

Chris

#1019 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

It's possible that I just suck at pinball. LOL.
It was at my buddy's place for a while and he said that same thing, that it was absolutely brutal to him as well.
Chris

My mousin is brutal and fast too, can't hardly ever get a replay, but when you do its so rewarding.

#1020 1 year ago

Getting my machine all cleaned up. Had to order a new video board. One issue im finding is the upper mouse trap the little coil that releases the mouse trap back down into the playfield fires about four times on start up.
also on multiballs it keeps a ball down below. if i hit the loop during multiball the trap raises and releases third ball into play. but if i drain the other two balls without hitting the look it never releases third ball. I have to take glass off and manually get the ball out.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

#1021 1 year ago

Getting my machine all cleaned up. Had to order a new video board. One issue im finding is the upper mouse trap the little coil that releases the mouse trap back down into the playfield fires about four times on start up.
also on multiballs it keeps a ball down below. if i hit the loop during multiball the trap raises and releases third ball into play. but if i drain the other two balls without hitting the look it never releases third ball. I have to take glass off and manually get the ball out.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Sounds like the trap down switch isn’t registering correctly. The ball going through the loop would push the trap down a little to engage the switch, perhaps? Might also be why the release coil is firing in startup.

#1022 1 year ago

Hello, I just purchased a Mousin' around and I am missing the entire "3 switch PCB" located in the back "Mouse Hole" trough. Part # C-13061 (seen in the attached images). I am looking for images of this board in order to re-create it from scratch as it seems this part is not available anywhere. unless you have one to sell?
Also - what do these switches exactly do? I know they were put there for a lock system that was scrapped before the game was released... but not sure what of the 3 switches do now - if anything? would 1 switch suffice?
I would appreciate any sort of help, thanks
Paul

PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPGPG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPGPG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPGPG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPGPinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#1023 1 year ago

Does anyone sell the entire center ramp drop target system preassembled?

#1024 1 year ago

I believe it is the same assembly used on the drawbridge ramp for Black Knight 2000 so if you were to find one for that, it should work. I think. Just a way to expand the search for ya.

Chris

#1025 1 year ago

Do you have the part number of the entire assembly? You can search online for that. I have the manual if you need help looking up parts.

Edit this: manual is on IPDB, I'm old school! Like using a paper manual.

#1026 1 year ago

Thanks guys. Was able to get what I needed from Marco.

1 week later
#1027 1 year ago
Quoted from dj10bear:

Hello, I just purchased a Mousin' around and I am missing the entire "3 switch PCB" located in the back "Mouse Hole" trough. Part # C-13061 (seen in the attached images). I am looking for images of this board in order to re-create it from scratch as it seems this part is not available anywhere. unless you have one to sell?
Also - what do these switches exactly do? I know they were put there for a lock system that was scrapped before the game was released... but not sure what of the 3 switches do now - if anything? would 1 switch suffice?
I would appreciate any sort of help, thanks
Paul
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I dropped off my board to post office this morning. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too entirely long for something that will work.

Very simple board but not obtainable. Interested to see what comes out of the oven and look forward to contributing to keeping these things alive and kicking.

CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpegCB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from waymon:

I dropped off my board to post office this morning. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too entirely long for something that will work.
Very simple board but not obtainable. Interested to see what comes out of the oven and look forward to contributing to keeping these things alive and kicking.
[quoted image]

Since this board is basically just holding the switches, the diodes could be moved right to switch lugs, and the board could be replaced with a 3d printed bracket.

1 week later
#1029 1 year ago

Correct, the board just holds the switches and diodes. You can solder the diodes and wires directly to switches just like all other games. To take it a step further, only the last switch [59] would need to be present, the other two are not used in the game. You could just cut a scrap piece of plastic the correct size, add the 59 switch, and solder it up. Hardest part will be getting the wireform on the end of the switch proper. Switch/wire looks similar to the common "shooter lane" switch/wireform.

I'm curious now, does the game simply just not engage the "release coil" without this switch/board? That's my guess.

1 week later
#1030 1 year ago

waymon Hello, are you sending your board to Kurt? I hope so!!

Quoted from snyper2099:

Correct, the board just holds the switches and diodes. You can solder the diodes and wires directly to switches just like all other games. To take it a step further, only the last switch [59] would need to be present, the other two are not used in the game. You could just cut a scrap piece of plastic the correct size, add the 59 switch, and solder it up. Hardest part will be getting the wireform on the end of the switch proper. Switch/wire looks similar to the common "shooter lane" switch/wireform.
I'm curious now, does the game simply just not engage the "release coil" without this switch/board? That's my guess.

Hello, thanks for the info. To answer your question... the coil works/fires without this board present. Although the jackpot does not register...

#1031 1 year ago
Quoted from dj10bear:

waymon Hello, are you sending your board to Kurt? I hope so!!

Hello, thanks for the info. To answer your question... the coil works/fires without this board present. Although the jackpot does not register...

I did send it to Kurt. I have one of the boards and it works great. I now have a used board for my stock.

1 month later
#1032 1 year ago

Mousin Around - left mouse trap captures ball and then immediately pops back up spitting it out (instead of keeping it locked) I have checked all switches in test mode and they all register correctly. no errors on start up. I cannot find a shorted or broken wire (yet). What is the best way to start looking?
I have the switch matrix chart but do not know if i should be looking at the row, column, or both ?
Also, what switch is getting tripped making the ball pop back up?
"Trap 2 UP/ Down" switch or "Trap 2 ball" switch?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from dj10bear:

Mousin Around - left mouse trap captures ball and then immediately pops back up spitting it out (instead of keeping it locked) I have checked all switches in test mode and they all register correctly. no errors on start up. I cannot find a shorted or broken wire (yet). What is the best way to start looking?
I have the switch matrix chart but do not know if i should be looking at the row, column, or both ?
[quoted image]

I would suggest Trap 2 ball. I've never had this behavior but it is possible that the trap thinks it is empty because the ball switch isn't working/making contact and pops back up in order to allow you to trap one. You could go into switch edge test and put a ball in the trap and then drop the trap manually to see what happens.

#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from dj10bear:

[quoted image]

Any chance there is an adjustment to not lock the ball?

#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from dj10bear:

[quoted image]

I had this problem a long time ago. I don’t remember the exact cause but I think it did have something to do with one of the switches under the trap not properly adjusted and not recognizing the ball in the trap. Not sure what switch but probably the one that the trap closes when in the down position.

#1036 1 year ago

Hello, supermatt newovad
you were right! all I had to do to fix this issue was adjust the "ball trap 2" switch contacts... the ball was not making contact when in the cheese trap. I belt the switch contacts up a little bit and now it all works fine.
Thanks again!

1 week later
#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from dj10bear:

Hello, supermatt newovad
you were right! all I had to do to fix this issue was adjust the "ball trap 2" switch contacts... the ball was not making contact when in the cheese trap. I belt the switch contacts up a little bit and now it all works fine.
Thanks again!

I had the same issue with the trap on the left (not sure if trap 2 or 1). Issue was a wire coming in contact with another one on the switch. Pretty simple fix but was definitely annoying when playing and finally trapping a ball only to have the game spit it back out!

1 week later
#1038 11 months ago

Anybody have a spare diverter arm (the flat metal one) for sale or know where I could get one?

#1039 11 months ago

Hello, I am having an issue where the game will pause after ball drains before moving into adding scores mode and next ball. Also happens when ball locked in either mouse trap... it will pause... sometimes pause for seconds or minutes.
All the ball trough switches register in test.
see link for video of this issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j01QkpET80lFb2Y9eoWH_oLZqNoCbAbe/view?usp=drive_link

Any ideas?

#1040 11 months ago

In your video the game is performing a ball search and the vibrations are enough to get the balls seating properly in the trough and register properly. Should be noted that this is not specific to Mousin' and can happen on ANY machines from any manufacturer.

Just because the switches register does NOT necessarily mean that the balls are ALAWAYS traveling completely through the ball trough area and sitting properly to actually trigger the switches every time. You will need to remove the apron and familiarize yourself with not only starting starting the game, but also when the ball drains and the game locks up, BEFORE it ball searches and without touching anything on the PF, immediately go to the "active switch "levels" test" and see what switches are registering/active at that point in time. It should let you know what physical issue you are dealing with regarding the seating of the balls in the metal guides. There could be dirt or an indentation (or even mangentism) causing the balls to "hang", essentially defying gravity and in turn the switches are not physically depressed properly.

#1041 11 months ago
Quoted from canea:

Anybody have a spare diverter arm (the flat metal one) for sale or know where I could get one?

I'm pretty sure I have some. I got extras from JodyG a while back. If I do, you can have at no charge, just pay for shipping. I'll send you a pm later today.

2 weeks later
#1042 11 months ago

Is there a place in the US that makes art (side) blades for Mousin Around?

#1043 11 months ago
Quoted from Happystitches:

Is there a place in the US that makes art (side) blades for Mousin Around?

I couldn't find any back when I was looking months ago so I wound up just doing mirror blades which turned out pretty good!

#1044 11 months ago

Hello from new Mousin around owner. I have got the game 3 days ago along with Black knight 2000 and Fire! for free. The game is working but it is missing a translite (already got a lead on it) and the ball eater (mouse trap) small coil and coil plunger. Does anyone know if this part (https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CR-515-5089-00&Store_Code=PP) is available anywhere?
plunger.jpgplunger.jpg
Thank you for your help

MA.JPGMA.JPG
2 weeks later
#1045 10 months ago

Mousin killed it at Pintastic.

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpegFFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
#1046 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Mousin killed it at Pintastic.
[quoted image]

Nice! I wish the Allentown show still had awards. One year my Fire! machine got the "Ladies choice" award. Not sure why but I was pretty giddy about it. LOL

Chris

4 months later
#1047 6 months ago

Anyone have the front , coin door, cabinet decal
Looking for that one

3 weeks later
#1048 5 months ago

Anybody ever have a problem with game shutting down when you get extra ball? I got extra ball, flippers and display go out. Only things working are the lights and music.

1 week later
#1049 4 months ago

Has anyone made a stencil for the top of the playfield text ( the info about increasing the multiplier)
I tried by hand and it looked bad. Easy to remove, but before I try again, if someone has a way to cut a stencil please let me know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gainesville, GA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 23.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Whitty Pinball Creations

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.