(Topic ID: 66145)

So you want to mouse around? Mousin' Around owners club. All welcome...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,049 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FFF8763E-0D96-4F74-9C3C-37DFE2BF4228 (resized).jpeg
plunger.jpg
MA.JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
CB436ACF-5E0B-4841-870A-C8C59D4EEE9A (resized).jpeg
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 2 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_5553437_0 (resized).png
PG 78 transfer tray 3 switch pcb C-13061 (resized).JPG
58E16FF3-614C-4A0D-B2B5-17AB3F0859C2 (resized).jpeg
A026541D-BA0B-4E4C-A4C3-461BDCA9C44E (resized).jpeg
8941BB46-4650-4A90-9643-54D865043F70 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230315_010558054 (resized).jpg
Mousin side cab (resized).JPG
mousin side (resized).JPG
PXL_20230120_235348851~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230120_235348851~2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 21.
#851 2 years ago

Looks like someone was just lazy or didn't have the parts when they rebuilt the pops. I bet if you look under the playfield you will see evidence of where the old lamp sockets were once soldered. Just get some new ones and solder then to the same locations.

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

Looks like someone was just lazy or didn't have the parts when they rebuilt the pops. I bet if you look under the playfield you will see evidence of where the old lamp sockets were once soldered. Just get some new ones and solder then to the same locations.

Someone used the Evil Knievel bumpers on mine with the “100” caps. The lights work and I’m not crazy about the caps, but I’m hesitant about going through replacing everything as I know how much of a pain it is.

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Joined the club. Noticed mine is missing the wire gate and Marcos is out of stock. Any alternative places to get it?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6851

I'd recommend picking up this wire bending starter kit and recreating that part yourself: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-WS-KIT Might be easier than finding someone selling that exact part and it will probably come in handy later down the line.

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

Didn’t see any evidence but I can probably figure out how to do it using another machine as a guide.

Any suggestions on which socket to grab?

I was looking at this one but don’t know if it’ll work for this machine

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8776

4 weeks later
#855 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Would anyone have a high quality photo or scan of the area between the slings?
Pretty much middle mouse down?
Ive been touching up a playfield for a month now, and my hands arent as steady anymore.
Im afraid its looking worse.....
Thanks.

Still in need?

Basically the flipper to slingshot area?

2 weeks later
#856 2 years ago

Does anyone make the ramp decals anymore? I need a complete set.

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Still in need?
Basically the flipper to slingshot area?

Yes, basically the mousetrap and mice, everything between the slings and a tad higher...Id be so grateful.

#858 2 years ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

Does anyone make the ramp decals anymore? I need a complete set.

Same here. Jody's new ramps deserve new decals.

#859 2 years ago

So you wannna Mouse Around ...??

rd

DEFEBDF2-3676-4321-B660-95D1B7A87357 (resized).jpegDEFEBDF2-3676-4321-B660-95D1B7A87357 (resized).jpeg
#860 2 years ago

I sold my MA this weekend... I have bad seller's remorse

#861 2 years ago

I’m surprised how little attention this title gets!

#862 2 years ago

It works!

rd

81D562F6-E573-44BA-9379-A64E5C723CE3 (resized).jpeg81D562F6-E573-44BA-9379-A64E5C723CE3 (resized).jpeg
#863 2 years ago
Nice looking example. Mine works but ain’t so pretty.

#864 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So you wannna Mouse Around ...??

rd[quoted image]

The added cheese wedges in the highly worn spots below the ramp ball drop spot looks really good. You should market those!

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

The added cheese wedges in the highly worn spots below the ramp ball drop spot looks really good. You should market those!

They were added by the guy who repaired the playfield. It had a couple of damaged areas.

Check this out:

Before:

F5A582B2-4388-49BC-847B-3DB1F08740AD (resized).jpegF5A582B2-4388-49BC-847B-3DB1F08740AD (resized).jpeg

After:

B7EBD7F1-7DB9-4C98-8D58-100C9B591A44 (resized).jpegB7EBD7F1-7DB9-4C98-8D58-100C9B591A44 (resized).jpeg

Pretty good!

Plus the cheeses over that inlane wear.

Clever solution that 99.99999% of people would never notice. Like the blue pop caps instead of yellow.

rd

#866 2 years ago

Hoping CPR one day makes MA playfields.

#867 2 years ago

Finished product!

- restored PF
- restored cabinet with new decals
- new legs
- etc etc etc

Come play it in the World System 11 Championship next March!

rd

68933809-0496-4DBE-9A1F-537A24503165 (resized).jpeg68933809-0496-4DBE-9A1F-537A24503165 (resized).jpegAFFB7B4C-4A83-4288-916A-5A7AEA8228C9 (resized).jpegAFFB7B4C-4A83-4288-916A-5A7AEA8228C9 (resized).jpegE24ECC80-91D8-4B83-90B9-1B01B05516FE (resized).jpegE24ECC80-91D8-4B83-90B9-1B01B05516FE (resized).jpeg
#868 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

The classic "bong" is a WPC thing. The system 11 games play a short snip of the sound track (plus operator message when so). So it is a game individual thing. And I will not rule out that some games omit this entirely.
On MA it is four notes.

An old post, soren , so maybe in the meanwhile some new insight may have appeared?

All my other System 11 play a bong. As early as Big Guns and F-14 Tomcat, through Space Station, Swords of Fury, Banzai Run towards BK2K and Rollergames. IIRC Whirlwind too.
Space Station does seem to have a slightly different tone, though -- but.

I do not hear any bong, nor do I hear four notes on Mousin' Around (maybe they tried to mimick earlier 'Bally' machines being an early example of a Bally branded machine on System 11 ???). Other owners are telling me they don't hear a 'bong' either.

As you seem to have the source code, or at least deep understanding of the 6809 assembly code, can you maybe have another look at how this works?
Maybe Jim Strompolis didn't copy all the boilerplate System11 code from the colleagues, as this was his first game?

I also wonder if one of the L1 or L2 sound ROMs on U21 (CPU board) would bring this "back"?!

As you mention MA would be playing four notes, can you reference the ROM setup you're using for this? Any YouTube vid perhaps?

Most curious + thank you a lot,
--Enver

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from Enver:

I do not hear any bong, nor do I hear four notes on Mousin' Around (maybe they tried to mimick earlier 'Bally' machines being an early example of a Bally branded machine on System 11 ???). Other owners are telling me they don't hear a 'bong' either.

I don’t hear a startup bong on my Mousin either. And I am running the Soren code. It’s awesome!!

#870 2 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I’m surprised how little attention this title gets!

Played one today for the first time at a friend's house. It's a lot of fun !

2 weeks later
#871 2 years ago

Have a nice Mousin’ for sale if anyone in Canada wants to join the club.

Added over 3 years ago:

Sold!

1 week later
#872 2 years ago

Hello ladies and gentleman,

I have a MA and when I turn it on I see advance for report and then it tells me to check switch 44 (right ramp enter) except the gate looks to trigger a switch that isnt there...there is a hole for a switch wire but nothing is there.
I thought I read somewhere that there was a planned feature they never implemented but didnt change software to match however I cannot find that post...maybe I m going nuts! Anyways can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

#873 2 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

I have a MA and when I turn it on I see advance for report and then it tells me to check switch 44 (right ramp enter) except the gate looks to trigger a switch that isnt there...there is a hole for a switch wire but nothing is there.
I thought I read somewhere that there was a planned feature they never implemented but didnt change software to match however I cannot find that post...maybe I m going nuts! Anyways can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

Humm, send a pic if you can.

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Humm, send a pic if you can.

25ED09D1-905D-4761-BD60-C1EDFC658E8A (resized).jpeg25ED09D1-905D-4761-BD60-C1EDFC658E8A (resized).jpeg

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Yes, there is supposed to be a wire connected to the end piece that connects to a switch on the underside of the PF.

Here's a pic I grabbed from someone else's machine:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

There should be two of the white disc on either side of the wire connected to the switch to keep it in place. It looks like you're missing one of them.

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

That hole is a working switch.
You are indeed missing the arm that goes beneath playfield. The switch would be attached underneath.
Wire missing is about 3 1/2 inches long.
Check bottom of cabinet, maybe slid to qay back in moving pin, or stuck to magnet.

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That hole is a working switch.
You are indeed missing the arm that goes beneath playfield. The switch would be attached underneath.
Wire missing is about 3 1/2 inches long.
Check bottom of cabinet, maybe slid to qay back in moving pin, or stuck to magnet.

There was spinner like switch mounted under playfield with metal wire to attach to gate. Thanx for your help.

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

There was spinner like switch mounted under playfield with metal wire to attach to gate. Thanx for your help.

Glad you found it!
What sucks for me is I'm missing that gate with cheese decal on it.
I've managed to hack it with another gate and wire. But, if anyone has one(Cheese Gate) I'd love one.

3 weeks later
#879 2 years ago

Having display issues on the game. When I bought it, the left side display was unreadable (kinda sucks to play a game you cant figure out the score on, and there's also errors on startup that I cannot diagnose), so I replaced both with Rottendog replacements. While the left side was now lit up, it was still unreadable. So I replaced the ribbon cable, now both side are well lit but unreadable. I'm hoping this is not a major replacement, but looking for opinions on things to check and troubleshoot. Part of me thinks that the power supply board needs to be rebuilt.

Also, diagnostic light blinks 5 times, which I believe indicates PIA at U41 failure (seems to be randomly doing this, it's not a consistent error).

#880 2 years ago

This is some great news- Marco now has the decal sets available for Mousin' Around! https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1521-2009XX

Now you don't have to swap over the old ones on to the new ramps.

1 week later
#881 2 years ago

Has anybody installed mirror blades on a Mousin Around? I guess that's what they're called, the mirrors that go on the walls of the inside of the playfield. Just wondering how it looks...

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Has anybody installed mirror blades on a Mousin Around? I guess that's what they're called, the mirrors that go on the walls of the inside of the playfield. Just wondering how it looks...

Who makes them for Mousin? Curious too!

#883 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Who makes them for Mousin? Curious too!

Pinballdecals(dot)com has them in the "Bally" size... I assumed it would fit MA based on that but I guess I don't know for sure.

#884 2 years ago

Joined the club recently. Traded a Funhouse to get it. Yes, I got cash too, but Mousin is a far better game. And it's a left flipper leaning game which was also the only thing I liked about Rudy (except for the way he said, Fun Howwwse and Super Dog Mode which was left flipper)
Anyway, I got a set of cab decals with Mousin that ima never gonna use. Don't care much about cabs when they're in a lineup.
PM if innarested.

I'll be at PAGG in Dixon, Ca for delivery purposes if'n yer Cali local.

(PS: Thanks Eric! I'll be holding bread and beef jerky at PAGG)

1 week later
#885 2 years ago

Hey guys, the light under my "E" in "MOUSE TRAP" went out today. Anybody know what type of bulb this is? Never gotten bulbs before and wouldn't mind picking up about 10 or so of them. Thanks in advance!

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Hey guys, the light under my "E" in "MOUSE TRAP" went out today. Anybody know what type of bulb this is? Never gotten bulbs before and wouldn't mind picking up about 10 or so of them. Thanks in advance!

These are #555 "wedge" bulbs.

1 week later
#887 2 years ago

Does anyone have relay board pinout for Mousin Around? I cannot seem to find it anywhere in the schematics. I have a few broken wires and am looking to find out where they go. One set is violet and the other set of wires is yellow.
mouse (resized).jpgmouse (resized).jpgmouse 2 (resized).jpgmouse 2 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#888 2 years ago

Can anyone post some pictures of their mouse hole diverter? My arm is a little loose and causes it to move slightly "open" and sometimes the ball will hit the point circled in pink and the ball will kick back down the ramp. The arm needs to be more on the blue line to keep the flow correct. I can manually move the arm to this position, but since it's loose it'll move back once a ball hits it during play.

PXL_20211108_144259957~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20211108_144259957~2 (resized).jpg
#889 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Can anyone post some pictures of their mouse hole diverter? My arm is a little loose and causes it to move slightly "open" and sometimes the ball will hit the point circled in pink and the ball will kick back down the ramp. The arm needs to be more on the blue line to keep the flow correct. I can manually move the arm to this position, but since it's loose it'll move back once a ball hits it during play.
[quoted image]

I am actually going to be pulling mine apart tonight to see if it is the shaft that is loose or the hole through the black diverter arm. If it is the arm, I am going to get some new ones laser cut this week.

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am actually going to be pulling mine apart tonight to see if it is the shaft that is loose or the hole through the black diverter arm. If it is the arm, I am going to get some new ones laser cut this week.

Nice. If you wind up lasering a few please let me know. I may need one. Does yours act the same way I described mine?

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Also, if you wouldn't mind a little explanation of how you removed the arm? Did you have to remove the playfield go get to it? In a rookie at this and definitely have never taken a playfield out before...

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobradvs:

Also, if you wouldn't mind a little explanation of how you removed the arm? Did you have to remove the playfield go get to it? In a rookie at this and definitely have never taken a playfield out before...

Just got mine out. Mine wasn't quite as bad as yours, but it was wobbly. The "D" shaped cutout in the arm was getting loose, so ill be getting some new ones laser cut this week. I'll let you know when I have them done. Removal is a bit of a pain. You'll need to take the e-clip and circling off the top side. Under the playfield, remove the bracket holding the entire coil assembly. This will allow you to drop the shaft down enough to get that arm off.

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Just got mine out. Mine wasn't quite as bad as yours, but it was wobbly. The "D" shaped cutout in the arm was getting loose, so ill be getting some new ones laser cut this week. I'll let you know when I have them done. Removal is a bit of a pain. You'll need to take the e-clip and circling off the top side. Under the playfield, remove the bracket holding the entire coil assembly. This will allow you to drop the shaft down enough to get that arm off.

Awesome! Yes please do let me know. I'm pretty sure the D shape in the arm is my issue too. Thanks for the notes on disassembly so I know what I'm getting myself into. Haha. I'll send you a PM now so it's easier to reach out when the arm is done.

#894 2 years ago

Here is a photo of the upper diverter assembly for posterity. This image is not in the regular machine manual. I have some pieces coming in the next week to test fit, and will make them available once I know they work.

Mousin Diverter Assy (resized).JPGMousin Diverter Assy (resized).JPG
#895 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Here is a photo of the upper diverter assembly for posterity. This image is not in the regular machine manual. I have some pieces coming in the next week to test fit, and will make them available once I know they work.[quoted image]

Pretty sure I’ll need to get on that list. Thanks for doing this.

3 weeks later
#896 2 years ago

I received a reproduction diverter arm from Jody and it works great. Very snug, no slop. However...while installing it I seemed to have messed some things up. I've tried general troubleshooting but not anything too advanced. Seems my diverter's coil isn't good so I'll order a replacement of that. But then there's this issue...

When the bottom of the 3 bumpers (pic below) is hit, it triggers the laughing sound that normally happens in a left or right drain and it also triggers the kickback coil...are some wires touching somewhere? I couldn't see anything but I'm guessing that has to be it. Any other ideas?

mousin bumper (resized).pngmousin bumper (resized).png

1 week later
#897 2 years ago

FYI, I was able to get everything working back to normal. In case anyone else has a similar issue with their pop bumper, kicker, and diverter coils, check out this link that shows somewhat how I was able to fix it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kickback-switch-error#post-6652520

1 month later
#898 2 years ago

Hey all!
New member from annecy, .
Purchased my mousin 2 years ago.
I m actually cleaning it as much as possible .
New cabinet decals and paint,New ramps, mylar removing, général cleaning..

I just removed the mylar and some insert paint came with it, have to find a solution before to put the clearcoat on the playfield, hope to send cool pics son!

Screenshot_20220123-114830_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220123-114830_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220123-114923_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220123-114923_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220123-114943_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220123-114943_Gallery (resized).jpg
#899 2 years ago

That's a great shooter knob, any idea where its from?

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

That's a great shooter knob, any idea where its from?

Yeah, that's cool looking...interested as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 23.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome/page/18?hl=djy2j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.